LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Anyone think Josh Morgan can breakout this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Envy
  • Veteran
I don't think he has a choice. He needs a big year. Crabs is an after thought for the immediate future.
i am a fan of morgan. he is a solid #2 WR. i dont think he'll have a breakout year, since davis and crabs will have more balls thrown there way. but he seems to improve every year so i say he keeps going
I think morgan will break out, because we will have slants, and other routes where he can position his large frame infront of teh defender. He should be real good at that.

I'd say Crabs would get more balls his way, but he will have to earn his starting spot since he will be passed up by everyone else by the time he gets back.

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jul 30, 2011 at 08:20:11 ]
he's just too fast for his own good. he's so fast that QB's can't accurately judge where to place the ball for him.. Even alex smith with his excellent ball placement ability seems to be having issues hitting the speedy morgan where he needs to be hit.
he needs to learn to catch passes that come down like a punt
He better break out or our QB's won't have any WR's to throw to.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
He better break out or our QB's won't have any WR's to throw to.

Rojo and Jurovich... Jurovich will be our donnie avery this year..
He's our number one guy right now. We had high expectations from him when he was paired with Martz so maybe he can break out a little.

I wouldn't be shocked if he put up 900-1,000 yards and 6 TD's.
QB rating with Smith was high last year and he was active in summer camps, so he has put himself in a perfect place to take advantage of Crabtree's absence. He may really respond to Harbaugh's high energy, positive style. He has said all the right things about Smith to keep building rapport.

Not sure he is a legit NFL WR but in Singletary/Raye's offense who could look good? I'm hoping for a breakout year and I agree that he will be able to use his physical style to great advantage in the WCO.
Josh Morgan couldnt break out if he was going through puberty

He has the talent. Just no more alligator arms.
Morgan is not that talented....
Well he'll be the primary target for at least the first few games so he'll have to.

-9fA
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Cause alex can only throw the post route, every other route he chickens out and checks down and over throws someone!

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he's just too fast for his own good. he's so fast that QB's can't accurately judge where to place the ball for him.. Even alex smith with his excellent ball placement ability seems to be having issues hitting the speedy morgan where he needs to be hit.

Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Josh Morgan couldnt break out if he was going through puberty

definitely LOL'd ... awesome!

Morgan is hard to knock because he does give his all in the offseason.... great attitude. Still.... in games, I find myself irritated with him at times. Hard to see him ever getting further than a solid #2.... but always hopeful.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

In the goolies?
Share 49ersWebzone