There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Forty Niners New Strategy?

Really?????????????????????

@OP, that mentality works in college and somewhat in the NFL. But if you want to win in the NFL, you need talent and athlete. Especially on the defensive side of the ball, where it's not so much the scheme, but having talents and athletes. Then you throw in a scheme and philosophy of what you want to stop and what you're willing to 'let the other team take'.
I wish I could figure out what we are doing. Letting 5 starters (Franklin, Spikes, Clements, Lawson and Goldson) from a pretty good defense leave by free agency doesn't seem like a real great strategy to me. And that's not to mention Baas. Now we don't have a center.

Hopefully they've got something in mind but right now I don't get it.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
I wish I could figure out what we are doing. Letting 5 starters (Franklin, Spikes, Clements, Lawson and Goldson) from a pretty good defense leave by free agency doesn't seem like a real great strategy to me. And that's not to mention Baas. Now we don't have a center.

Dont forget we now have lost our #1 receiver, our RB is holding out, and only have a rookie QB and Alex Smith at QB. If the season were to start today, we would be mimicking the 2004 year.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Now when I look at JH's background and what he has been able to do at Stanford & San Diego you can see that he never really focused on (superstar) Athelete's meaning the fastest or the strongest players.

So now he wants to make sure that he is adding "FOOTBALL PLAYERS" and not just superstar fill-in's.

Ted Ginn would probably be the best athlete on the team, however we all know he is not the best football player on the team.

Football player = smart (do as you are coached/play within the system), tough, hungry guys that get it done!

Athlete = Speed, strength, physical ability is off the charts, more ME focused.

Am I right here?

I like this if this is the plan, Because I know he didn't have the best athletes at Stanford or San Diego.

Your thoughts?

Probably been said already, but this runs counter to the way we drafted. Bunch of athletes with "potential".
That s**t don't work in the NFL, you gotta have bad ass mofos.

Still CLUELESS in San Francisco. So disappointed with the team right now. Its going to be yet another long season.
With all that talk about our so called top notch secondary coach why the hell dont we go after Cromartie and coach him up, With proper coaching he could prob be a top cb...
I dont understnd why people re so quick to give up/complain. Harbaugh has proven he is a good evaluator of talent and he obviously sees that this team has just that: talent. If you look at Stanford it was not necessarily the most athleticly gifted and talented team (exception of Luck) but Harbaugh played to their strengths and was able to get the most out of them. Yes, some of our former starters have left via free agency but the way I see it, if the front office and coaching staff viewed any of these free agents as absolute necessities for our roster they would do what they could to keep them. Otherwise they obviously are confident enough of the talent already present not to retain their services. Goldson and Franklin are both still negotiating with teams. Very likely with us the in Goldson's case and possibly in Franklin's.

I have reason to be optimistic and confident in response to what has happened dont be such a debby downer or complaining carl.

The Crabtree thing does piss me off tho....
1 1/2 hours until we see if we make a move.
Crabtree = pu$$y
Originally posted by fakers23:
I think I know the plan is. Lose as many games as we can. Then draft Luck.

If that's where there head is at, then they are stupid.

Luck could be the next Leinart for all we know.
I agree. We still have Alex Smith as a starter.
Originally posted by LanceQ:

Still CLUELESS in San Francisco. So disappointed with the team right now. Its going to be yet another long season.
Originally posted by Archie:
I agree. We still have Alex Smith as a starter.
Originally posted by LanceQ:

have Franklin,Lawson and Goldson been signed yet
Sound a lot like Nolan nonsense. What a bunch of morons.