There are 226 users in the forums

Bob Padecky: worst beat writer?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
BEAST WRITER!

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
No matter the title I never click on this dudes link......I did in the begining......then I kept finding myself asking, "why in the world did I just waist my time reading that.?"

that's what i ask myself when i read your posts.....ooooooo burrn!

At least I know when to stop reading trash.......

What's your excuse.....
Originally posted by okdkid:
And the tradition of hating on anything new continues.

BS.

Eric Branch was accepted as a new beat writer. This guy Padecky is simply a bad fit. His blogs and articles are terrible. I always try to give new guys the benefit of the doubt, but this guy is just not a good writer, period. He never cites sources or provides links to back up his opinions and his spelling errors are a joke for someone who gets paid to WRITE. I know it's a down time in terms of football, but nothing he's written thus far is even mildly entertaining or informative. He makes no effort and he blogs about crap that doesn't matter. Meanwhile, guys like Matt Barrows are doing a great job during this down time in football, writing articles about possible acquisitions and providing backgrounds of these players and even videos, like the Mark Herzlich article this morning.

Padecky just sucks.
Originally posted by susweel:
You guys gonna get this dude fired.

No, he's gonna get himself fired for not being able to do his job.
  • bfree
  • Veteran
He should go back to selling beepers... he was the king at that after all.

This guy posts useless crap. If he was just some guy blogging on myspace or some other non paper related blog site nobody would care about anything he has to say.

Considering he's associated with Press Democrat i would expect a little more from his "opinions"
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by okdkid:
And the tradition of hating on anything new continues.

BS.

Eric Branch was accepted as a new beat writer. This guy Padecky is simply a bad fit. His blogs and articles are terrible. I always try to give new guys the benefit of the doubt, but this guy is just not a good writer, period. He never cites sources or provides links to back up his opinions and his spelling errors are a joke for someone who gets paid to WRITE. I know it's a down time in terms of football, but nothing he's written thus far is even mildly entertaining or informative. He makes no effort and he blogs about crap that doesn't matter. Meanwhile, guys like Matt Barrows are doing a great job during this down time in football, writing articles about possible acquisitions and providing backgrounds of these players and even videos, like the Mark Herzlich article this morning.

Padecky just sucks.

Eric Branch started slow, then found his niche with some great insight and witty posts.

But I don't know if there is hope for Padecky...he sounds like Cohn and Glenn Dickey combo. Remember when Dickey cited the 49erswebzone article about Battle and a draft pick traded for Andre Johnson of the Texans...an April Fools joke, and then defended it after he found out it was fiction?

Kinda the same thing when Padecky posted his "John Madden" ratings. LOL
Share 49ersWebzone