There are 223 users in the forums

Bob Padecky: worst beat writer?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
havent been the slightest bit impressed with his material...get his sh1t off the news feed...unsubscribe pronto
Originally posted by daWest:
havent been the slightest bit impressed with his material...get his sh1t off the news feed...unsubscribe pronto

Seriously, he has been getting enough accidental clicks to stay employed, and this dude's gotta go.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You guys gonna get this dude fired.
I'm personally offended he is paid to do what he does...
Originally posted by susweel:

good
Originally posted by jayb49er:

good

If he improves, then I have no issues.

But Bob's just bush league at this point. As soon as he writes something of worth, I'll give him his props.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by jayb49er:

good

If he improves, then I have no issues.

But Bob's just bush league at this point. As soon as he writes something of worth, I'll give him his props.

I'm starting to wonder if he is drunk, s**t faced drunk, when he writes some of his stuff.
He's getting grilled pretty hard today. He kind of asked for it.
Originally posted by laughsatyou:

I would critique on his page, but I don't want to give him any clicks.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by laughsatyou:

I would critique on his page, but I don't want to give him any clicks.

I think if you have a constructive criticism it would be good to let him know. He put his neck out and seems to want to know what readers are demanding. PD has been such a good source for miner news in the past that you are doing yourself a disservice in not voicing your opinion.

No matter the title I never click on this dudes link......I did in the begining......then I kept finding myself asking, "why in the world did I just waist my time reading that.?"
Bob is getting some help. Looks like Phil Barber and Grant Cohn are going to be contributing to the blog now. Cohn will be at training camp everyday, and he promises to be "tweeting like a magpie." I'm not sure that we needed more contribution from the Cohn family, but at least his "Top 5 Storylines" post was more than three sentences long and involved some thought.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
No matter the title I never click on this dudes link......I did in the begining......then I kept finding myself asking, "why in the world did I just waist my time reading that.?"

that's what i ask myself when i read your posts.....ooooooo burrn!
It seems as though the Democrat just wants to sensationalize everything, putting opinions above diligent reporting. Respected pros like Miaocco, Barrows and Brown have opinions too but they know their beat, do their homework and only report the facts. Now a days any amateur on the Internet can air their opinions… It's not much to ask, that a well-respected newspaper, like the Press Democrat, to be better than that.
[ Edited by vermonator on Jul 24, 2011 at 10:14 AM ]
Why they assigned a longtime columnist to a beat position is beyond me.
Share 49ersWebzone