There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bob Padecky: worst beat writer?

Originally posted by okdkid:
And the tradition of hating on anything new continues.

Nah, branch went from nobody to my favorite of all of them in a matter of weeks from getting the job. Padecky is just really bad.
HAHA! I just finished reading one of his articles and was about to post my own thread and I saw this one right on top of the list.
Originally posted by jta854:
HAHA! I just finished reading one of his articles and was about to post my own thread and I saw this one right on top of the list.

I haven't read any of his stuff for a few days, but I'm guessing it was a shallow and obvious opinion piece, or an opportunuity for him to put in his two cents on an article that a diifferent writer authored and investigated. Guy is sleep-walking his way to his paycheck.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

Nah, branch went from nobody to my favorite of all of them in a matter of weeks from getting the job. Padecky is just really bad.

+1
  • 49er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

+1

I'm just glad Eric Branch didn't go to NFL Network or ESPN and he's still writing 49ers news. Kind of selfish I know.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by aman49:
I like you more than most new posters, but you just went full noob on us.

you never go full noob

you have so many post it's scary.

It's like you have a sweatshop posting for you.

lol

-9fA
The PD totally got screwed the last few years, with Maiocco leaving for CSN and now Branch going to the Chronicle..
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
The PD totally got screwed the last few years, with Maiocco leaving for CSN and now Branch going to the Chronicle..

Since Maiocco, they haven't had anyone in that position for a substantial period
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

Since Maiocco, they haven't had anyone in that position for a substantial period

PD screwed themselves - asking for their writers to take a pay cut. Both writers left for more lucrative opportunities.
[ Edited by GEEK on Jul 17, 2011 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

PD screwed themselves - asking for their writers to take a pay cut. Both writers left for more lucrative opportunities.

I hadn't heard that. Is everyone doing that, or is it just the PD?
Can someone please crown him?? He just used the Madden video game rankings as basis for this:

Quote:
Is John Madden onto something here?
Posted on July 19, 2011 by BobPadecky

The former Raider and Hall of Fame coach came out with his “highest-rated rookie” list. Aldon Smith, chosen seventh overall by the Niners, was left off the list. Smith and Nick Fairley, picked 13th, were the only defensive players drafted among the top 15 picks not selected by Madden in the top 10.

Arizona’s Patrick Peterson was ranked first.

What made Madden leave off Smith? No reason was given but one does stand out – Smith is a project. Which is code for saying “who the heck knows?”
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Can someone please crown him?? He just used the Madden video game rankings as basis for this:

Quote:
Is John Madden onto something here?
Posted on July 19, 2011 by BobPadecky

The former Raider and Hall of Fame coach came out with his “highest-rated rookie” list. Aldon Smith, chosen seventh overall by the Niners, was left off the list. Smith and Nick Fairley, picked 13th, were the only defensive players drafted among the top 15 picks not selected by Madden in the top 10.

Arizona’s Patrick Peterson was ranked first.

What made Madden leave off Smith? No reason was given but one does stand out – Smith is a project. Which is code for saying “who the heck knows?”

He forgot to factor that you can switch him to DE in the game, and he'll be at 99 overall rating.
I am no longer reading anything from the Press Democrat as long as this gut is writing for them.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I am no longer reading anything from the Press Democrat as long as this gut is writing for them.

I accidentally clicked on his most recent story (in the back of my mind, I still expect to read Eric Branch at the PD). What garbage. He wrote about 8 sentences regarding the "Harbaugh hit a girl w/ a baseball when he was nine" story. Beerows and Branch covered that two days ago, in greater detail. This guy isn't even trying.
He's getting worse....

LINKO