LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Bob Padecky: worst beat writer?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
mattbarrows
While bailing a rowboat this morning, I looked into the water and said, 'Hey, some idiot's blackberry is at the bottom of the cove! A quick check of my pockets revealed who the idiot was. If you need to get a hold of me, email is the best bet.

LOL... See... Now that's why the SacBee is the first link I always open.

Yeah, Bee-rows is funny as hell, and he backs it up w/ good story ideas, league/team contacts, and interviews (you know, reporting). He and Branch are my favorites these days.

Same here...respect MM too he seems more corporate to me.
He's bad.

And he's not JUST bad, but he's a relic. Doesn't even link to the sources where he gets his quotes. That's just bush-league.
Originally posted by okdkid:
And the tradition of hating on anything new continues.

I liked Branch from the start, and I was cool with Barber before his family situation moved him off the beat. Padecky is just lazy. He writes mini-columns w/no investigation. We don't need another Cohn Zone (don't need the first one, IMO).

I'm with you 100 percent on this. I liked Barber, Branch to me is the 2nd best beat writer to Barrows. MM was great til he moved to comcast. Now he's 3rd, bust still definitely worth reading. Padecky to me is garbage. I'd rather read Lowell and get a few chuckles from how absurd he is, then read anything Padecky puts out.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by aman49:
I like you more than most new posters, but you just went full noob on us.

you never go full noob

you have so many post it's scary.

No crap 33 posts a day. You have to give me some advice on how to stay inspired during these non eventful days.
yikes this guy is horrible
Originally posted by NickSh49:
He's bad.

And he's not JUST bad, but he's a relic. Doesn't even link to the sources where he gets his quotes. That's just bush-league.

You know, I hadn't thought about that, but that really bugs me. The other writers make a point support the other guys and get them some clicks, and this dude doesnt take the time to do it, or to figure out how? Jerk move.
Man, I would hate for you guys to follow me around at my job....The guy is taking over for legends (MM,EB) in the Niner blogging world. He's starting a beat in the middle of the lockout, with no contacts or real news to report. However, based on his writting style he will probably go the way of the guy after Matt, but before EB.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
He's bad.

You know, I hadn't thought about that, but that really bugs me. The other writers make a point support the other guys and get them some clicks, and this dude doesnt take the time to do it, or to figure out how? Jerk move.

Naw, he's just old and not accustomed to how internet journalism works... which isn't an excuse so...
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Man, I would hate for you guys to follow me around at my job....The guy is taking over for legends (MM,EB) in the Niner blogging world. He's starting a beat in the middle of the lockout, with no contacts or real news to report. However, based on his writting style he will probably go the way of the guy after Matt, but before EB.

I liked Phil Barber fine. His issue was the round trip to Santa Clara took away his family time (he posted a blog on it), so he swapped responsibilities w/Branch. Branch took the ball and ran w/it. Padecky should have all kinds of contacts: he's covered the Niners in the past (before some dadgum yahoo named Al Gore invented the interweb) and he's best friends with Lowell Cohn (okay, maybe not best friends, but Lowell called him a mench on more than one occasion through the years). He's just been a columnist for so long that he seems to have forgotten that reporters need to investigate news, not offer tired, unwanted opinions. Anyway, tell us where you work, and I promise to offer only constructive criticism for the first week.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Padecky has been a Press Democrat columnist for many years. Hopefully he's just keeping the seat warm until they find a permanent replacement for Branch.

I read his stuff when I was a kid (in Sonoma County).

I like him. He's not going to break 9er news like Maiocco or Bee-rows. But so far he's brought up interesting things that the other 9er writers aren't writing about.

I think people around here just get upset when any writer points out that there's still no funding plan for the stadium.

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Padecky has been a Press Democrat columnist for many years. Hopefully he's just keeping the seat warm until they find a permanent replacement for Branch.

I read his stuff when I was a kid (in Sonoma County).

I like him. He's not going to break 9er news like Maiocco or Bee-rows. But so far he's brought up interesting things that the other 9er writers aren't writing about.

I think people around here just get upset when any writer points out that there's still no funding plan for the stadium.

No one else is pointing these topics out because they were written about months ago, and have been debated ad nauseum on this board. I don't read a 49ers blog to find out the same stuff I can read on the forums, I want news.

That's kinda like saying, "For a fat girl, you don't sweat much."

Well, if the shoe fits.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

That's kinda like saying, "For a fat girl, you don't sweat much."

Well, if the shoe fits.

It doesn't; my feet are too fat.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Who the f**k is Bob Padecky?
I think between Branch, MM, and Bee-rows, we get the most comprehensive reports on a continual basis. I like all three. Branch did do a hell of job when he had the PD blog, so he's definitely was the up and comer but now right there with MM and Bee-rows.
this new, old guy Bob P....is he trying to become a mini-Tim Kawakami with his negative takes?!
Share 49ersWebzone