There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers 2011 Roster/Depth Chart Predictions

Originally posted by prime21:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by prime21:
I really hope Phillip Adams and Tarrel Brown make theyre way up into at least the nickel position, I think these guys could make some plays as in PICK 6. Ginn is a talented KR/PR- as a WR he is too inconsistent, and as of right now there are going to be alot less kick returns because of that new rule(does he have any trade value?-maybe for a new pair of cleats for Crabtree ...jk).I am excited about our Linebacking corps except for Haralson -if he has another year like 2010 I dont see him sticking around. Alex starts the opener-if he plays like he normally does-Kap week 2 putting Smith at his true position-#2 QB. With Crabtree out, another big target is necessary- if not Edwards or Floyd-why not T.O.?

Do you really need to ask why not TO? Also, no way our coaching staff is so stupid to put Colin in before he is ready.

i heard he blew his ACL, but it seemed more like a rumor to me. What if he is ready?

He did hurt his knee, not sure how serious it is though. The question is moot though, with Edwards signing, TO would just be unneeded trash right now.
I know this is way down the list but does anyone think we will keep a KOS in addition to Akers this year?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Edited list:

QB: Smith, Kapernick
RB: Gore, Hunter, Dixon
FB: Corcoran, Miller
WR: Edwards, Crabtree, Morgan, Johnson, Ginn, Williams
OL: Staley, Boone, Iupati, Wragge, Goodwin, Kilgore, Snyder, Rachal, Davis
TE: Davis, Walker, Reuland

DL: McDonald, Jean-Francois, Sopoaga, I.Williams, J.Smith, Tukuafu
LB: A Smith, Applewhite, Brooks, Willis, Bowman, McKillop, Grant, Haralson, Castonzo
CB: Rogers, Spencer, Brown, Adams, Culliver
S: M.Williams, Spillman, Whitner, R.Smith, C.Jones

ST: Akers, Lee, Jennings

----------------------------------

If we haven't signed a vet QB by now, we might decide not to sign one at all. Going out on a limb and saying we go with 2 QBs.

I think we will sign a vet after the tc cuts start happening.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Aug 5, 2011 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by insanemike27:
move anthony davis to RG and put adam snyder in at RT. anthony davis is a better run blocker. adam snyder is a better pass blocker. i believe it would be better to have your interior linemen as the best run blockers. Your best pass blockers should be on the outside. shouldn't have to keep your receiving TE'S in to help pass block but the TE's are always there to run block.

Snyder is a better G than T, so I would keep Davis at T. He improved last year and should take another leap this year. Hope he came to camp in shape! Eventually I would like to see him move to the left side and play next to Iupati. Staley was an exceptional RT.
QB: Smith, Kaepernick, FA (Dennis Dixon or Josh Johnson)
WR: Edwards, Crabtree, Morgan, Johnson, Ginn

OLB: Aldon Smith, Applewhite, Brooks, Gibson
ILB: Willis, Bowman, McKillop, Grant, Castonzo
CB: Rogers, Spencer, Brown, Adams, Culliver, Brock
S: D. Whitner, M.Williams, R.Smith, C.J. Spillman, C. Taylor

Pre-season game prediction: With the emergence of younger/faster/more talented OLBs on the roster such as Aldon Smith, Antwan Applewhite and Thaddeus Gibson, the 49ers eventually part ways with the underperforming Parys Haralson.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Aug 5, 2011 at 11:31 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Pre-season game prediction: With the emergence of younger/faster/more talented OLBs on the roster such as Aldon Smith, Antwan Applewhite and Thaddeus Gibson, the 49ers eventually part ways with the underperforming Parys Haralson.

Ghost, you are still 2 players heavy. You will need to drop 2, in order to fit the 3 ST'ers (Akers, Lee, Jennings) onto the Final 53.

BTW, do you think that Rachal is an automatic? I really see a different 9th OL, maybe Howell (very versatile). Rachal has failed under Warhop, Foerster and Solari. It doersn't seem to be the coaching with him.
Originally posted by jimbagg:

CB: Rogers, Spencer, Brown, Adams, Culliver

Ghost, you are still 2 players heavy. You will need to drop 2, in order to fit the 3 ST'ers (Akers, Lee, Jennings) onto the Final 53.

BTW, do you think that Rachal is an automatic? I really see a different 9th OL, maybe Howell (very versatile). Rachal has failed under Warhop, Foerster and Solari. It doersn't seem to be the coaching with him.

I was actually 1 player heavy (the QB is a projection of either JJ or DD), so I got rid of Brock at CB (back to the PS).

I think Rachal will be given at least training camp to see if he's the answer at RG. That said, I don't think he'll be off the roster given that we have very little proven depth behind him.
Chris Hogan!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Joecool:
Chris Hogan!!!!!!!!!!!

who dat ?
Originally posted by VA49er:
I know this is way down the list but does anyone think we will keep a KOS in addition to Akers this year?

Probably not. Akers is great on kick offs and with the new CBA's reposition of the football on kickoffs, touchbacks are probably going rise.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Chris Hogan!!!!!!!!!!!

who dat ?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/04/monmouths_chris_hogan_goes_fro.html

Nice perspective. Who are your projected starters? Man, with Smith, Applewhite, Brooks, Gibson, Haralson and Rowe, this is going to be one EPIC battle for pass rushers! Wow! Not to mention a couple of those guys can play inside, next to Willis at the TED spot on a dime as well. I wonder how many LBers overall, that we will keep.
My predictions mixed with a little wishful thinking.

QB(3): Smith, Kaepernick, FA
OL(9): Staley, Iupati, Goodwin, Snyder, Davis, Wragge, Kilgore, Boone, FA
WR(6): Edwards, Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Johnson, Williams/Juerovich/UDFA
TE(3): Davis, Walker, Reuland
RB(3): Gore, Hunter, Dixon
FB(1): FA/Corcoran

DL(6): Sopoaga, Smith, McDonald, Jean-Francois, Williams, Tukuafu
OLB(5): Smith, Haralson, Brooks, Applewhite, Gibson
ILB(4): Willis, Bowman, McKillop, Castonzo
CB(5): Rogers, Spencer, Adams, Culliver, Brown
S(5): Smith, Whitner, Williams, Spillman, Taylor

I think we keep a 6th receiver over a 10th o-lineman, 4th TE or RB. With all the UDFA's we brought in, I find it hard to believe we would only keep 5 WR's with an offensive scheme that's been brought out of the stone age into the 21st century. It's a bit of wishful thinking about Rachal and Norris getting cut.

I don't disagree with you but that's a thin defense. Backups on the DL, we'd have one 7th rounder and two undrafted. Youth and inexperience everywhere. Seven new starters. Will they jell? And when?

I woudl cut ... C. Taylor, Madieu Williams, and Either Gibson/Costanzo and add a 6th WR