LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

49ers 2011 Roster/Depth Chart Predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i say 9-7 bc coaching alone will make a 1 to 2 game difference combined with better ol play and a good wr in edwards.

9-7 or 8-8 win the division by 1 game and have a home playoff game that we will ALL BE AT together
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Jon Gruden took the Bucs to the super bowl and won it his first season with the bucs. Let's have a little hope in Harbaugh and Co.

The Bucs went to the playoff the year prior to the super bowl victory with Gruden.

Actually they were not terrible before Gruden took over. It was really Dungy's team.

Not a good comparison to our situaion.

Singletary != Dungy
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I really hope for a winning season, but we all know what Alex can bring to the table and I think we're going to have a top 5 pick in the draft IF he stays at QB all year.

Last year Sing gave him another chance and even made him a captain, and we all know how that concluded.

Other than the QB position, everything else looks great
player-talent I think we've improved, but we are somewhat younger, with many questions and holes remaining.

coaching we've improved.

the schedule is tough.

I think 6 wins is a realistic expectation. anything more would be kind of miraculous. anything less is still very possible.
The season will be a success in that there is a fresh Fabreeze wafting though that will clear out the stench of the past.

The team has some talent going in. People forget that they actually won games and often played well despite Singletary's crazed obsessions.

And now there is a real coach and some better players in key positions.

A winning record is likely, I think, but it may be a bit torturous to watch at times as there are some weak areas and everyone is new to the system.
Originally posted by fly15:
I really hope for a winning season, but we all know what Alex can bring to the table and I think we're going to have a top 5 pick in the draft IF he stays at QB all year.

Last year Sing gave him another chance and even made him a captain, and we all know how that concluded.

Other than the QB position, everything else looks great

Sing gave him a chance to play QB the way SING wanted him to, mixed in with SINGS crappy offensive vision.

And Alex's QB rating still partially improved, despite being yanked in and out of the lineup for troy.

Alex is going to do big things this year.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
just keep in mind Walsh went 2-14, 6-10 to 13-3 championship

500 or better would be fantastic for a new coach, new system and new players
I did. Nice writing, nice job. Helps sort out all the new names as well.
doesnt cj spillman have a better chance of making the team than phillip adams because of his special teams abilities
So did I and enjoyed the read. Most makes a great deal of sense but there are a couple locks that seem less than certain, including Grant. Krystic and McKillop may move him out. Thanks for the work!

Chilo has no potential. He used his upper body strength in college to get by. That crap doesn't work in the NFL. He has bad feet, bad hips, no lower body strength, no ability to get to the next level and is slow out of his stance. Hopefully the niners send a mass email out for him.
Originally posted by AlexSmith11:
doesnt cj spillman have a better chance of making the team than phillip adams because of his special teams abilities

probably not because we have so many safeties now, spillman makes the team if he beats out taylor and maragos
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Good analysis.

I think you'll end up being 90%+ right including injuries.

I'd say that it looks like Norris has a better chance of making the roster than any of us would like, though.

Also, while Colin Jones seems to offer little more than special teams value, I think he's more likely to make the roster than you... because that's what he was drafted for.

I can't wait to see these guys play a game! I R HYPE!

Thanks for writing this!
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Chilo has no potential. He used his upper body strength in college to get by. That crap doesn't work in the NFL. He has bad feet, bad hips, no lower body strength, no ability to get to the next level and is slow out of his stance. Hopefully the niners send a mass email out for him.

Other than that he should be ok
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
I am sure there will be a surprise or two. But I think Ted Ginn could be one of those last cuts. With Edwards, Crabcake and Morgan I think they may go youth movement afterwards with Johnson, Williams and maybe another youngster. Also if stiff as a board not able to catch or run Moran Norris makes this team I might puke. Also just a hunch that Chilo could be on a very short leash.

I would rather have Ginn over Williams simply because Ginn is a better return man and isn't as injury prone.

I'd keep Ginn if nothing else he's the only speed threat in our widereceiver corps to play the Slot, even if he does drop the ball somebody on Defense has to go with him down the field, and if one of the youngster can't return we HAVE to keep him.

and why is everyone down on Moran Norris he's a straight up Thumper, it's not his job to run out and catch passes ask Gore who he'd rather have in front of... He want the THUMP !
Share 49ersWebzone