Not a member? Register Now!

What was a bigger problem last year?

What was a bigger problem last year?

Coaching.
We go out, and let our quarterbacks get hit in the mouth
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Qb play.
coaching not putting our players in positions to succeed, plain and simple. I would be willing to bet that we had more third and long plays than anyone else. I liked Singletarys approach at first. but it showed throughout the course of the season that he was in over his head, once the players realized this, it all fell apart.
Sign me up for coaching and predictability ........huge.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Against Atlanta, New Orleans the Offense put the team in the lead, but the defense would not stop them on their final drive. Offensively we were predictable until Johnson became the OC, but he didnot have as much time to design plays as if he would have if he was in that position earlier.

And the 49ers started losing and Singleterry style just wore them out. Look at the last game of the year Tomsula coaches the team with enthusiasm and the team plays really good.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GORO:
Against Atlanta, New Orleans the Offense put the team in the lead, but the defense would not stop them on their final drive. Offensively we were predictable until Johnson became the OC, but he didnot have as much time to design plays as if he would have if he was in that position earlier.

And the 49ers started losing and Singleterry style just wore them out. Look at the last game of the year Tomsula coaches the team with enthusiasm and the team plays really good.

Tomsula freed them from the 70's era...
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tn9er:
Originally posted by GORO:

Tomsula freed them from the 70's era...

lol
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Coaching.
Mistakes and un-disclipine, plain and simple. For example:

-D. Walker and Alex's bonehead missed t.d. against Seattle(game changer)
-Defense giving up last minute drive to N.O.
-Missed catches and turnovers(fumbled punt by Adams(game changer)) (D. Walker Fumble, Gore Fumble in the redzone)
-Coaching decisions. Going for it on 4th and Goal and getting stomped. I can think of 2 big T.d's we missed out on. Seattle and San Diego.
-Nate Clements int. fumble
-Missed block causing Alex to get sacked with lead
-Alex's fumble against Philly
-J. Smith getting thrown out for decking a ref

There's just so many more. I honestly believe if it wasn't for all the mistakes we could have been 8-8 easily.
Coaching no Doubt look at most of the games chairs Seattle atlanata ( practically every game) we did extremely well for the first couPle drives the bfell apart

What does that mean?

Coaches fail to make in game adjustments
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Mistakes and un-disclipine, plain and simple. For example:

-D. Walker and Alex's bonehead missed t.d. against Seattle(game changer)
-Defense giving up last minute drive to N.O.
-Missed catches and turnovers(fumbled punt by Adams(game changer)) (D. Walker Fumble, Gore Fumble in the redzone)
-Coaching decisions. Going for it on 4th and Goal and getting stomped. I can think of 2 big T.d's we missed out on. Seattle and San Diego.
-Nate Clements int. fumble
-Missed block causing Alex to get sacked with lead
-Alex's fumble against Philly
-J. Smith getting thrown out for decking a ref

There's just so many more. I honestly believe if it wasn't for all the mistakes we could have been 8-8 easily.

I agree....

I'd say coaching
QB
Nate fumbling
Alex fumbling
Frank and Delanie fumbling
defense

Last year there was fail all around.
coaching wasn't THAT bad.
We lost games by under 10 points against playoff teams.

Our oline was noobish.
The abysmal coaching, of course.

When you can't even get the plays in on time... when you can't (or refuse to) make adjustments from what is not working... when opposing defenses are calling your offensive plays pre-snap... when your press CBs are constantly playing 7-10 yards off of receivers...

Yeah... I liked Nolan and Singletary at first, but my Lord, how disgraceful they were as HCs.