There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ronald Johnson

It was frustrating to see Kap continuously target him and miss. Those two need more work together!
I am as high on RoJo's attitude and potential as anyone. That said, I want to see better separation as we go. I noticed quite a few times that as the ball arrived, he had someone on his back. (except on one 10 yard out but the ball was overthrown out of bounds).
I like him a lot but at this point, I liked what I saw from Kyle Williams more than RoJo. Kyle Williams just needs to stay healthy.
I've been a Kyle Williams supporter since his first punt return against the Colts. Dudes got jukes, speed and can catch. God I hope he can stay healthy.
Rojo dropped a few passes in the 1st preseason game. Not very impressed with him so far. Wasnt very fast and didnt get much seperation on his routes. Like everyone else I thought Williams was more impressive than any WR who played.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Rojo dropped a few passes in the 1st preseason game. Not very impressed with him so far. Wasnt very fast and didnt get much seperation on his routes. Like everyone else I thought Williams was more impressive than any WR who played.

Those weren't drops so much as they were highly inaccurate throws.
I'm still mad we let spurlock's spot go for Zak Kasey an undersized bust at fullback
dude is stinkin it up
Johnson's scouting knocks are still haunting him -- dropping easy passes, even when wide open with no one around. Not good if you want to make a team stacked with receivers.

As long as Kyle WIlliams stays healthy and can play okay the next few games, I think his spot is safe. People thinking Ginn will get cut? Highly doubtful. 4.2 speed is valuable in a multitude of ways, not just in the KR/PR game.
It was just one preseason game. Lets wait and see.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
I like Kyle Williams and Lance Long over Rojo. Just haven't seen him do anything even though my buddy said he was pretty good at USC..would make a good possession type receiver. I would love to see more of these guys in the next preseason game but shortened training camp means the vets need their starts.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Johnson's scouting knocks are still haunting him -- dropping easy passes, even when wide open with no one around. Not good if you want to make a team stacked with receivers.

As long as Kyle WIlliams stays healthy and can play okay the next few games, I think his spot is safe. People thinking Ginn will get cut? Highly doubtful. 4.2 speed is valuable in a multitude of ways, not just in the KR/PR game.

He catches the balls with his body, not his hands which = drops at this level, there has just been very little positives from him so far. Williams seems like a lock now. He's stepped up in every way asked of him and made plays. Might over take the #3 spot.
Guys, don't forget we have crabtree. Haha. You know, with bray, josh, and Kyle I love that trio. Maybe we should trade crabbs, and someone else to stockpile picks for next year.
After tonight's game Johnson really hurt his chances to make the final cut with the fumble & that dropped pass from Kaep
at this point he's best suited for the practice squad