There are 248 users in the forums

Ronald Johnson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dude works out at the same gym I work out at - Club One in Santana Row.

I saw him in there the other day and said hi. Hella nice kid. Was doing 80 lbs dumbell single arm bench press. I was impressed.
i got high hopes for this guy. i liked him when he was at USC the couple times i saw him. he seems like a very hard worker and hes driven.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I dont expect much... if we can get 150-200 yards out of this guy in his rookie year I'll be really happy.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
The more I read or watch video of this guy the more I like. He has the work ethic to become a factor for the 49ers.
One thing I noticed from watch his highlights is that he maybe traps the ball with his pads allot as part of his catching technique. Which isn't the best fundametally but hey its got him this far. It's hard to tell from youtube if he is actually trapping the ball (bad) or if he catches it and brings the ball into his body so fast (good) it just looks like he is trapping it.

Has anyone seen him first hand that could clarify whether he catches the ball with his body more than with just his hands?
RoJo FTMFW!
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Originally posted by WildBill:
I'm excited about this kid, reminds me a lot of Donald Driver.

With his work ethic & history with the coaching staff I wouldn't be surprised if he made an impact sooner rather than later. Then maybe we can trade Crabtree while he's still worth something.

Why Donald?

For one they are very close in size Ron at 6'1 190 & Don at 6' 195, both come from humble means off the field, obviously both are hard workers.

Both Being late round draft picks was mentioned.

When you watch them on tape you notice a similar ability to make guys miss along with great bursts of speed to gain separation from defenders on precision routes.

I though RJ was listed between 5-10 to 5-11 190+ lbs?
I'm excited about this kid, reminds me a lot of Donald Driver.

With his work ethic & history with the coaching staff I wouldn't be surprised if he made an impact sooner rather than later. Then maybe we can trade Crabtree while he's still worth something.

Why Donald?

For one they are very close in size Ron at 6'1 190 & Don at 6' 195, both come from humble means off the field, obviously both are hard workers.

Both Being late round draft picks was mentioned.

When you watch them on tape you notice a similar ability to make guys miss along with great bursts of speed to gain separation from defenders on precision routes.

I though RJ was listed between 5-10 to 5-11 190+ lbs?

He's 5'11.5'' with shoes on, 5'10.5'' without
Doesn't matter how enthusiastic about football he is if Alex Smith is throwing to him.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skynet907:
Doesn't matter how enthusiastic about football he is if Alex Smith is throwing to him.

cool story bro

Originally posted by jrg:

cool story bro

it would be a cooler story if Alex Smith wasn't alive.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

cool story bro

cool story bro

cool story bro

cool story bro

not as cool as the story your grand children are going to tell about our epic Alex Smith quote tree's. They will be legendary, like Alex Smiths ability to suck at football.

cool story bro

That would've been witty if it wasn't a disgusting statement and the post didn't suck so bad that it inspired a facepalm emoticon
Share 49ersWebzone