There are 246 users in the forums

Crabtree's Trade Value

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Don't take any of this seriously. People are just bored out of their minds and want some drama to spice their lives up.

Not time to talk trade, but we could probably send Crabtree packing to a team for their 3rd rounder... hypothetically.

BINGO

Second off, why the hell spend a top ten pick, then sit thru the hold out, he finally signs the f**king deal to just trade him off for a 3rd!!! Their's teams that need a wr with his skills, he's a 1000 yard guy if he shows up to camp and he's got a any other qb in this league throwing him the fing ball... You guys need to get hobbies outside of football!!! Thats like saying Payton Manning should be traded because last season he had a down year and finally looked like a human rather then a god!

This is not Ted Ginn Jr! He's showed he can catch and get 800 yards, and do it without even playing a single preseason game! And your all on his nuts cause he hates alex smith, well no s**t we all hate that guy i've never seen niner fans boo a qb until smith! So crabtree agrees with you and see's it first hand. Just because Jim thinks and he's the only guy that does believe it, i don't think even Trent Baalke believes jim can do it, and thats raise the alex smith phonix!!!

You guys are crazy your the same people who wanted to trade gore!!!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jun 8, 2011 at 16:13:10 ]
My thread Hello Alex Smith= Goodbye Crabtree from about a month ago should have never been locked!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw all of this coming from miles away.

That being said, there's no chance of the team trading him right now. But I do feel it'll happen after this season unless Harbaugh can work some magic or we score another starting QB.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
My thread Hello Alex Smith= Goodbye Crabtree from about a month ago should have never been locked!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, there's no chance of the team trading him right now. But I do feel it'll happen after this season unless Harbaugh can work some magic or we score another starting QB.

Of course it should have been locked. One has nothing to do with the other. No matter how much the detractors wish to think otherwise, Crabtree's behavior is not about the QB. It's about the reality that Crabtree is an odd-duck loner that wants to do his own thing. That, and he doesn't want to risk injury prior to regular season games.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
If Crabtree was a house, the 49ers would be under water right now with the mortgage.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
He has very little value to him. I'm guessing 4th rounder at best. No one cares that he was a 1st round pick.

Lack of production, and over inflated ego is a bad sell.

Still I'm not at that point just yet. I'm going to wait and see what Harbaugh thinks of him before I'm at that point. I don't care if he's not participating in Alex's camp. It's Camp Alex we were going to be forgetting about him come 4 week anyways.

Amazing, the diva attitude before he ever played in the NFL and then he doesn't back it up and wasn't humbled a bit. Give him one more year to straighten up and if he doesn't send him packing. Don't give him 6 years based on potential if he doesn't live up to it.
I Crabtree like to trade Miami for Brandon Marshall and a 2013 2nd round pick. Basically I fell of the Crabtree wagon when he has one of the greatest resources Flash (80), and has not even contacted him, image if he would just listen to Jerry for one day. All I ask is the guy give JR a call for some advice on how to improve his game Jerry has stated in the past he would like to her from the kid. My 2 cents

Of course it should have been locked. One has nothing to do with the other. No matter how much the detractors wish to think otherwise, Crabtree's behavior is not about the QB. It's about the reality that Crabtree is an odd-duck loner that wants to do his own thing. That, and he doesn't want to risk injury prior to regular season games.

Oh really? Maybe his reluctance to participate etc. is because he's not going to put his time and effort in for a team that has given him nothing but chaos and incompetence at QB and coaching.
Wouldn't it be amusing if in 2 years, RoJo turns out to be a stud #1 wideout as Crabtree is off the team? Possible? Sure. Likely? Eh, who can say?

One thing is for sure, RoJo seems to have the mentality that Crabtree has not been showing.

Oh really? Maybe his reluctance to participate etc. is because he's not going to put his time and effort in for a team that has given him nothing but chaos and incompetence at QB and coaching.

It is possible, but pure speculation on your part and for self-serving reasons.

(reasons being to solidify your personal opinions of QB)

One thing seems clear... no matter the reasons, Crabtree having such an alleged attitude is not acceptable. You get paid and committed to, you go out and play hard for whoever is under center or on the sideline coaching.

...and 17 million in guaranteed money.

the same should be said about alex smith

why should he devote his time to a franchise who has given him 2 coaches who know nothing about offense and gameplanning and given him 7 OC in 7 years

but guess what he still works hard

It is possible, but pure speculation on your part and for self-serving reasons.

(reasons being to solidify your personal opinions of QB)

One thing seems clear... no matter the reasons, Crabtree having such an alleged attitude is not acceptable. You get paid and committed to, you go out and play hard for whoever is under center or on the sideline coaching.

Other elite receivers like Calvin Johnson seem to be fine with lackluster QB play. And you don't here him complaining about his QB play. Larry Fitzgerald had awful QB play last year but still seemed to produce. A competent QB makes life a lot easier for a WR but it shouldn't be a make or break situation.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

why should he devote his time to a franchise who has given him 2 coaches who know nothing about offense and gameplanning and given him 7 OC in 7 years

He doesn't have to! The bum sticks around here because he knows he has no chance at starting elsewhere. I'm not turning this into an Alex Smith thread.

All I'm stating is that I feel Crabtree's disinterest in the team is directly related to him being fed up about the QB situation.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

He doesn't have to! The bum sticks around here because he knows he has no chance at starting elsewhere. I'm not turning this into an Alex Smith thread.

All I'm stating is that I feel Crabtree's disinterest in the team is directly related to him being fed up about the QB situation.

the point im trying to make is that if you want to be great you have to overcome the ahrship and turmoil whatever is thrown at you you have to face it alex is doing that crabtree is not
Share 49ersWebzone