• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by JayBee:

Those who can't....can't always "teach". It's not a simple mathematical equation. I'm sure Alex can teach some things, but frankly, I wouldn't want him teaching my future franchiseQB anything.

Well, it sounds like he will be. Must be frustrating for you.

thats a bee dude, try again

now we're talking
it's such a boring off-season.....
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Alex is the future of this franchise..
I wonder how Anothny Davis is preparing for Robert Quinn Probably sitting at home eating In and Out burgers.
Originally posted by hateroids84:

Alex Smith is the future, face and hope of this franchise. Alex Smith is the Niners. The lockout is over when Alex Smith says it's over.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I wonder how Anothny Davis is preparing for Robert Quinn Probably sitting at home eating In and Out burgers.

yeah because robert quinn is a guaranteed star. the rams have failed at drafting dlinemen other than chris long who just recently started doing something
Originally posted by hateroids84:

Alex Smith is the future, face and hope of this franchise. Alex Smith is the Niners. The lockout is over when Alex Smith says it's over.

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by ninertico:

Liking it!

Carr how much did they offer? Alex 6 million! Carr dang so colins going to make more then me also!

Kap asked them, how in the hell were you two number 1 picks? Then they all share a laugh.

Liking it!

looks like a tampon commercial.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Sorry if already posted

Goldson, Willis among NFL group training in L.A. area

Quote:
Training academies like Athletes Performance in Carson, Ca. usually are busy in the months leading up to the draft as college players work on their vertical leaps and 40-yard dash times. The current lockout, however, has given Athletes Performance what amounts to a second season as approximately 40 NFL players, from rookies like Fresno State's Chris Carter to decorated veterans like Tom Brady and Carson Palmer, have used the facilities to train during the lockout.

Director Travelle Gaines said the group also has included 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis, safety Dashon Goldson and outside linebacker Travis LaBoy. Both Goldson and LaBoy are free agents this offseason, although Goldson has accrued only four seasons of service and may be a restricted free agent when a new collective bargaining agreement is ratified. Willis and LaBoy also have spent some time this offseason training with teammates in the Bay Area.
Gaines said Goldson is part of a group of a dozen or so defensive backs that includes veterans like Eagles cornerback Joselio Hanson and rookies like Baltimore's Jimmy Smith. "Dashon - he's done a good job in leading those DBs," Gaines said. "He's definitely one of the leaders."

Gaines said that earlier this year, the focus at Athletes Performance was staying in shape. Beginning in May, however, it shifted to mimicking as closely as possible the movements players would be going through in normal minicamps and OTAs. For quarterbacks and receivers, that means running patterns and establishing timing. For defensive backs, it's a lot of "W" cuts and change-of-direction drills to strengthen their groins and other muscles.

Gaines said he tends to stay away from 7-on-7 drills and certainly any contact drills to avoid injuries. "I'm not sure I could sleep at night if one of my guys got injured," he said. No one knows when the lockout will end. What is clear is that when it is over, there won't be much time before players are thrown into full-scale practices. "The day the lockout ends," Gaines said, "These guys definitely will be ready to go."

-- Matt Barrows
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Liking it!

Carr how much did they offer? Alex 6 million! Carr dang so colins going to make more then me also!

Kap asked them, how in the hell were you two number 1 picks? Then they all share a laugh.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 31, 2011 at 12:18 PM ]

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Anyone see the "Matt and Mindy" interview? Sorry but I like Matt more as a writer... he's gone a little softball on the Niners since his TV gig. I'd like to see more healthy skepticism that he brought to his writing. I guess you have to be glowingly optimistic on TV.

Maiocco's nothing more than a CSN 'sell-out', which is why I partially just stick to Bee-rows.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Anyone see the "Matt and Mindy" interview? Sorry but I like Matt more as a writer... he's gone a little softball on the Niners since his TV gig. I'd like to see more healthy skepticism that he brought to his writing. I guess you have to be glowingly optimistic on TV.

Maiocco's nothing more than a CSN 'sell-out', which is why I partially just stick to Bee-rows.[/quote]

A little harsh. The guy just wants to make a better life for him and his family. The newspaper is a dying industry. I'm pretty sure B-rows would of done the same thing if given the opportunity.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Maiocco's nothing more than a CSN 'sell-out', which is why I partially just stick to Bee-rows.[/quote]

A little harsh. The guy just wants to make a better life for him and his family. The newspaper is a dying industry. I'm pretty sure B-rows would of done the same thing if given the opportunity.

Yup they gotta get their paper right. But MM is a little slower to punch since his jump, I guess more TV obligations will do that to you.
Speaking of TEAM workouts. Guess who flew all the way from Texas to work out on his own???????

Speaking of TEAM workouts. Guess who flew all the way from Texas to work out on his own???????

Yeahhhhhh Right! Some can disagree, but I mean come on. In the article today, Carr said he was gonna reach out and call Crabs. Reallllly!

He been in town for at least a week and he ain't come by yet.

Now I aint knocking him if he's practicing routes with other qb's and studying. Bu I mean come on, with this lockout crap, shouldn't he be with the team? I mean if not with Alex, he can catch passes from Kap, right.

No one knows when the lockout will end but living on another side of the U.S. or not, I just think more starters, especially on offense should be there.

Give me, Alex, Frank, Vernon, Morgan, Crabs, Ziggy, Ginn, Carr, Kap, plus 2 more wr's. That should be all the offense we need.
Share 49ersWebzone