Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by eastie:
Leadership is measured when your down 4 points with 3 minutes left in the game and you get the W. Right now this is nothing more then a practice organizer.

Your right, the player has yet to show any true leadership.

Quote:

Clearly, the two of you are not leaders. If you were you would know that instigating an orgainzed activity such as AS has done, is leadership in action. Leadership comes in many ways, this being one of them.
Who cares if he organized a camp? A second string QB could have had the leadership to do this, that does not make him a good QB or an improved QB. He's also desperate to save face on his embarrassing career. I am rooting for him to do well but all of this excitement over Alex Smiths recently discovered scrotum is not only stupid because it means little on the field, but we've been fooled by this exact same rhetoric last year and we started out 0-5

The player is being a good team mate. The player is not in the long term future of the team. CK is who the fans should be focusing on, he is our future. Its good to see CK Skipping this rookie crap so he can start taking control of his team.
I join with all who hope that 10 years from now Colin Kaepernick will be sporting a Super Bowl ring or two as the 49er QB. However, there is a LOT of wishful thinking going on right now.

This year was acknowledged as being a down year for college QBs and CK was only the 6th best drafted this season. Looking at history, the odds of someone other than a #1 draft pick, or someone in the top 5 at his position, getting to the Super Bowl, or even the Pro Bowl are not very good.

In short, we can hope all we want, and hope springs eternal, but based on history, we should avoid disappointment but not setting our hopes too high. Let's see how long it actually takes him to get on the field before we get all over ourselves.

Cool. We still are exited to see him play. He has a wicked arm and is known for leadership. Being a fan is always about finding that next great QB. I'm not saying we have him in CK, but it is going to be fun watching him grow and play. This board will go nuts during pre season if Kaep shows some ability.

Names like Clayton and Sheets come to mind.

So do names like Vernon Davis, P.Willis, Crabtree, Gore, Iupati, and Soap, Franklin, Lee, and the other solid players we drafted.....
Except that Willis was the only one that really did anything in pre-season. The rest didn't establish themselves until well into the season, or seasons.

However fans will be FANatics, and that is OK. It is what makes NT interesting if nothing else.

Huh? Guys like Iupati, Gore, VD, and even Andy Lee showed some flashes during pre season. This includes TC as well. It was fun to watch the rest of the guys grow up and make it as starters.

Of course if Kaep shows promise in the pre-season and TC we will go nuts. Thats the point of being a fan. I'm surely not going nuts for Professor Alex and his WCO 101 course. I did that for Smith for 3 years. I feel like a scorned lover haha.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jul 1, 2011 at 11:06 AM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Janitor:
top 5 pick here we come.

Do you think that for real, or are you just being you?

that hurts. you broke my heart janitor.

but for real, yea, we're going 5-11 @ best.

Why do you think so?

Note, I'm not saying I disagree, I just want to know your reasons.

same s**tty QB + new system + lockout = disaster.

Correction

Same QB + new system + lockout + Harbaugh/Roman = Slim Chance of winning the NFC West.

I said slim.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for Harbaugh52.
Originally posted by ninertico:
top 5 pick here we come.

Why do you think so?

Correction

Same QB + new system + lockout + Harbaugh/Roman = Slim Chance of winning the NFC West.

I said slim.

Were going 12-4

lockout cant touch Jim Harbaugh
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
top 5 pick here we come.

Why do you think so?

Correction

I said slim.

Were going 12-4

Thought Lockout was banned?!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
top 5 pick here we come.

Why do you think so?

Correction

I said slim.

Were going 12-4

Lol.

I remember when I was an optimistic fan. Chances are we don't do great. I would be happy with 8-8 for where our team is right now.
top 5 pick here we come.

Why do you think so?

Correction

I said slim.

Were going 12-4

Lol.

I remember when I was an optimistic fan. Chances are we don't do great. I would be happy with 8-8 for where our team is right now.

playoffs this year
superbowl next

Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by eastie:
Leadership is measured when your down 4 points with 3 minutes left in the game and you get the W. Right now this is nothing more then a practice organizer.

Your right, the player has yet to show any true leadership.

Quote:

Clearly, the two of you are not leaders. If you were you would know that instigating an orgainzed activity such as AS has done, is leadership in action. Leadership comes in many ways, this being one of them.
Who cares if he organized a camp? A second string QB could have had the leadership to do this, that does not make him a good QB or an improved QB. He's also desperate to save face on his embarrassing career. I am rooting for him to do well but all of this excitement over Alex Smiths recently discovered scrotum is not only stupid because it means little on the field, but we've been fooled by this exact same rhetoric last year and we started out 0-5

The player is being a good team mate. The player is not in the long term future of the team. CK is who the fans should be focusing on, he is our future. Its good to see CK Skipping this rookie crap so he can start taking control of his team.
I join with all who hope that 10 years from now Colin Kaepernick will be sporting a Super Bowl ring or two as the 49er QB. However, there is a LOT of wishful thinking going on right now.

This year was acknowledged as being a down year for college QBs and CK was only the 6th best drafted this season. Looking at history, the odds of someone other than a #1 draft pick, or someone in the top 5 at his position, getting to the Super Bowl, or even the Pro Bowl are not very good.

In short, we can hope all we want, and hope springs eternal, but based on history, we should avoid disappointment but not setting our hopes too high. Let's see how long it actually takes him to get on the field before we get all over ourselves.

Cool. We still are exited to see him play. He has a wicked arm and is known for leadership. Being a fan is always about finding that next great QB. I'm not saying we have him in CK, but it is going to be fun watching him grow and play. This board will go nuts during pre season if Kaep shows some ability.

Names like Clayton and Sheets come to mind.

So do names like Vernon Davis, P.Willis, Crabtree, Gore, Iupati, and Soap, Franklin, Lee, and the other solid players we drafted.....
Except that Willis was the only one that really did anything in pre-season. The rest didn't establish themselves until well into the season, or seasons.

However fans will be FANatics, and that is OK. It is what makes NT interesting if nothing else.

Huh? Guys like Iupati, Gore, VD, and even Andy Lee showed some flashes during pre season. This includes TC as well. It was fun to watch the rest of the guys grow up and make it as starters.

Of course if Kaep shows promise in the pre-season and TC we will go nuts. Thats the point of being a fan. I'm surely not going nuts for Professor Alex and his WCO 101 course. I did that for Smith for 3 years. I feel like a scorned lover haha.

now he's a professor??
MaioccoCSN: Draft pick Bruce Miller, DE turned FB, makes his first appearance at 49ers' Camp Alex.
would you guys rather us go 8-8, 7-9 and miss the playoffs or go 1-15 and get the first pick?
Originally posted by FreddyG:
would you guys rather us go 8-8, 7-9 and miss the playoffs or go 1-15 and get the first pick?

18-0 Super Bowl...as long as we are imagining.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
MaioccoCSN: Draft pick Bruce Miller, DE turned FB, makes his first appearance at 49ers' Camp Alex.

Interesting..I wonder how he'll pan out as a converted FB?
Quote:
MaioccoCSN: Bruce Miller @bmiller_49 looks smooth catching passes, even a dart over the middle from Colin Kaepernick at 49ers' Camp Alex.
top 5 pick here we come.

Why do you think so?

Correction

I said slim.

Were going 12-4

Lol.

Or you can look at it this way;

Last year we had four plays in the playbook, which every team knew, anticipated and it was recognizable. We still where in contention for the NFC West.

This year we will have at least triple that, which no team knows, wont anticipate and is deceptively recognizable.

That's got to be worth at least an extra 2 to 3 wins. 9 Ws should do it...
Originally posted by FreddyG:

18-0 Super Bowl...as long as we are imagining.

Cut Vernon Davis , save cap space and move Miller to TE. He is obviously the next great Niner.