There are 234 users in the forums

we may still sign a veteran QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by susweel:
Don't rule out the idea of San Francisco attempting to acquire a veteran quarterback, even if Smith is re-signed. Making a move for Palmer or McNabb would probably instill immediate confidence in the current players. Having a legitimate competition for the starting job could also bring out the best in everyone -- especially Smith.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fe4812/article/dont-knock-it-smith-back-in-san-fran-makes-sense-for-both

This would be the best thing for the team to do if we ever have cba in place. Bring in as much competition and let the best man win and if Alex wins the competition then more power to him.

Also its good to have a back up that can come and perform should Alex fail (and he probably will fail).

Yorks will never spend the money.

Not supported by the evidence.

Its right in front of you. You just have to look closely and you'll see it.

They paid to retain Willis, VD, and in the begining paid Clements. They just don't overpay for a FA. You want them to pay whatever just to get someone even if he ends up messing up the cap (if there is one) and team chemistry?

LOL, Think.... Snyder! Works out well for the Skins every year, right??
Originally posted by JayBee:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
No to McNabb

Yes to Palmer if available

Maybe to Hasselbeck if he doesn't resign with Seattle

Other possibilities: Bruce Gradkowski. Drew Stanton, and Adam Froman (UDFA).

problem is that palmer we would have to trade for him in addition haavee to pay his 12 mil a year salary and on top of that he had a worse year than alex with better WRs

i know his heart wasnt in it but i still dont think hes worth a 2nd round pick and 12 mil a year

The reason why people on this board have a hard time taking you seriously, is because you genuinely believe some of the idiotic statements you make (like bolded).

I mean, I can make statements like Terrell Owens > Jerry Rice, but I would say that as a joke, and not truly believe it.

You genuinely believe things like Alex Smith had a better year than Carson Palmer, which to any logical person in the world, is clearly wrong.

Statistically, they were very similar. Both teams struggled mightily. Both QBs had similar passer ratings Smith - 81.5, Palmer - 83.6.

Smith accumulated 3 wins, Palmer accumulated 4.

The only major statistical difference was that Palmer played the entire season and had significantly more yards (but also more INTs) with the same completion percentage 60.5%

Considering that Palmer could throw it to Owens and Ocho, he did not have much of a year.

And Alex could throw to Frank, Crabtree and Vernon against some of the worst defenses in the league.

Funny how Palmer played against far superior competition, had one of his worst seasons and STILL had better numbers than Alex. All those pics yet he still put up a superior QB Rating.

If you think that Crabtree and Davis are anywhere close to Owens and Ocho then we don't have anything to discuss.

Funny when you consider Crabs had more TD's, more Y/R and just 90 total receiving yards less than Chad.

But apparently Crabtree sucks around here.

Its also funny that myself and others have thrown around the idea of TO back to the Niners, and the reaction was similar to saying we should sign Jamarcus Russell.

Now all of a sudden he is the reason a veteran QB, who has proven time and time again to be a good Qb, has better statistics than our guy.

And for the record, Vernon Davis is as big if not a bigger weapon than TO these days (this is coming from a huge TO fan btw).
No to McNabb

problem is that palmer we would have to trade for him in addition haavee to pay his 12 mil a year salary and on top of that he had a worse year than alex with better WRs

i know his heart wasnt in it but i still dont think hes worth a 2nd round pick and 12 mil a year

The reason why people on this board have a hard time taking you seriously, is because you genuinely believe some of the idiotic statements you make (like bolded).

I mean, I can make statements like Terrell Owens > Jerry Rice, but I would say that as a joke, and not truly believe it.

You genuinely believe things like Alex Smith had a better year than Carson Palmer, which to any logical person in the world, is clearly wrong.

Statistically, they were very similar. Both teams struggled mightily. Both QBs had similar passer ratings Smith - 81.5, Palmer - 83.6.

The only major statistical difference was that Palmer played the entire season and had significantly more yards (but also more INTs) with the same completion percentage 60.5%

Considering that Palmer could throw it to Owens and Ocho, he did not have much of a year.

And Alex could throw to Frank, Crabtree and Vernon against some of the worst defenses in the league.

Funny how Palmer played against far superior competition, had one of his worst seasons and STILL had better numbers than Alex. All those pics yet he still put up a superior QB Rating.

If you think that Crabtree and Davis are anywhere close to Owens and Ocho then we don't have anything to discuss.

Funny when you consider Crabs had more TD's, more Y/R and just 90 total receiving yards less than Chad.

Its also funny that myself and others have thrown around the idea of TO back to the Niners, and the reaction was similar to saying we should sign Jamarcus Russell.

Now all of a sudden he is the reason a veteran QB, who has proven time and time again to be a good Qb, has better statistics than our guy.

And for the record, Vernon Davis is as big if not a bigger weapon than TO these days (this is coming from a huge TO fan btw).

Yep.

It just annoys me how people completely discount the talent at the skilled positions to prop up Alex.

Any fan in this league would take Crabtree on their team.
Vernon is an elite tight end
Frank is one of the best pass catching (jack of all trades) RB in the league....Morgan is a good #2 receiver. Delanie is a very good #2 tight end. Yet, in order to prop up Alex, fans completely crap on these guys.

The dude I quoted probably had no clue that Crabtree had better stats than Ocho. So in one breath Ocho is a great receiver....in another breath, Crabtree is a bust, a bum and should be traded.
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Although I am a Smith supporter, I would be happy to see Hasselbeck in a Niners jersey as the backup to go in if/when Smith fails.

He knows, and is very good at running the WCO and is a very smart, team oriented guy, and on top of that he knows the Seahawks inside and out and is probably looking to stick it to them!!!

good call. with the idea of sittin kap for at least a year (maybe more) with alex holdin it down til then, havin hasslebeck behind him would not only be the wco-qb insurance, but by all means a huge ace-in-the-hole vs division rival..
No to McNabb

Yep.

It just annoys me how people completely discount the talent at the skilled positions to prop up Alex.

Any fan in this league would take Crabtree on their team.
Vernon is an elite tight end
Frank is one of the best pass catching (jack of all trades) RB in the league....Morgan is a good #2 receiver. Delanie is a very good #2 tight end. Yet, in order to prop up Alex, fans completely crap on these guys.

The dude I quoted probably had no clue that Crabtree had better stats than Ocho. So in one breath Ocho is a great receiver....in another breath, Crabtree is a bust, a bum and should be traded.

So how many momentum losing picks was Ocho responsible for. cuz i know crabs had plenty.Look i think everyone would love to have crabs on his team. we know how good this core would make Alex look almost probowl caliber. But crabs is he weakest link because of his attitude and work ethic. He has played the role of Diva long enough. Someone needs to feed his tail a Snicker.
I'm gonna come out and say it, be completely honest.

I have a serious manfan crush on Alex Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone