49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 565 users in the forums

Will Nate re-negotiate?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we will try and re-negotiate with him but if he aint having it we will jsut cut him and replace with with one of the other FAs.

I would love to keep him and bring in another vet
I hope he does. I hope he realizes he should get less but wants to stay on the team. He wont get great money on FA. He should know that.
I think Nate will stay (and remain at CB), I'm not following along with the whole Nnamdi 'pipe-dream' floating around here; got a strong vibe Baalke's gonna make a STRONG PUSH to lure Ike Taylor away from re-signing with the Steelers.
I assume Nate will over value himself, and refuse to renegotiate. I have always felt he is a lot better in his mind than in reality when I have heard him speak in interviews and such. They are few and far between, but still.....
He would be a fool to not renegotiate. He has to know that the niners are not going to pay him the money in his current contract since he kinda sucks. Nate=good #3 CB
Use his money on a guy that can play.
I think it will depend on how much he believes that this team is gonna turn around or not, and how quickly.
I liked Nate when he first got to the 49ers, but he just seems to have lost some of his quickness and speed...he's getting beat regularly. I think it's time Baalke cuts him loose.

Maybe Culliver can play, or maybe TBrown finally steps it up. Maybe they'll hit on Adams or one of the other late-round picks. Heck, I'd like to think Spencer recaptures his 2009 form but there are no guarantees of that.

Come to think of it, the 49ers probably need two CB's out of the FA's this year.

[ Edited by Yetiman on May 6, 2011 at 15:37:23 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,149
I hope not, that dude sucks big time.
Originally posted by Yetiman:
I liked Nate when he first got to the 49ers, but he just seems to have lost some of his quickness and speed...he's getting beat regularly. Maybe Culliver can play, or maybe TBrown finally steps it up. Maybe they'll hit on Adams or one of the other late-round picks. Heck, I'd like to think Spencer recaptures his 2009 form but there are no guarantees of that.

Come to think of it, the 49ers probably need two CB's out of the FA's this year.

Clements is not bad spencer is average as well

T brown is our worst CB

philip adams is good he has serious potential he played well last year we still lack a #1 WR we have 2 number 2 CB and a 3 CB if we get a #1 CB we will have a good secondary
I like Nate. Our Corner were horrible when we signed him. We never did anything to really help him out. Sure he has probably lost a step but it's not really fair for him when he has to cover all day because our defensive gameplan is horrible and we have no pass rush. OTHER play get excuses for bad coaching, so I would use a muligan on Nate and keep him after a restructure. New coaching can simplify his game and hopefully are new team can add some pass rush.
Only because it rhymes.

I don't think negotiating during the lock-out is allowed tho
o answer your question directly - No, I don't think he will negotiate.

That said, I believe he is to make something in the area of 7M for this season. The question is he worth that and if your answer is NO [like mine] then who out there is?

Asomugha[sp] and that's it! I think he'll be priced off the Rickter Scale w/ so many teams needing a shut down corner. It's all about the money for Clements and Asomugh.

Second best and for less , money, I really don't know but I've heard the names Cullen Jenkins and Brent Grimes mentioned. I really don't know anything about them.
yes
yes to a 3.5 mil contract
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone