There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

If we would have picked anyone else we would be Super Bowl Champions! I hate Baalke!

I keed.
lmao Anyone who edited there post in the first 5 pages most likely changed it from "WTF screw this pick " haha
He's only 22, and they said he would likely come into his own after 2+ years of development.

And to think that he was destroying dudes on the Saints and Giants lines as a rookie...
Originally posted by niner4life21:
He's only 22, and they said he would likely come into his own after 2+ years of development.

And to think that he was destroying dudes on the Saints and Giants lines as a rookie...

And the steelers, eagles, rams, etc...
hhaha

this guy is going to be a monster on our line for years.

is it august yet?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
2nd best pass-rusher in the draft behind Von Miller What this tells me is that the 49ers want an explosive defense that gets after the QB, that Fangio was not excited with his options at OLB and wants to bring in a top young talent he can coach up to play in his aggressive defense. This guy is young, with plenty of room to grow, freakish wingspan, great speed..........I don't see this being a pick that the 49ers will end up regretting. This puts Parys Harylson firmly on the bench where he belongs.

Many mock drafts had this guy going in the Top 10, often to the Texans, so this isn't a huge reach and he's a highly regarded talent with room to grow. Thumbs up say I.

What Kiper had to say about Smith a few months back.

""Smith's declaration moved him up among draft-eligible pass-rushers," Kiper writes. "Smith is more athlete than refined pass-rusher at this stage, but he has a great wing-span and is a perfect size and speed combination to develop as an outside linebacker. We know Houston has to address the defensive side of the ball and Smith is the kind of high-upside player that will fly up the board as personnel people start seeing the tape. He'll improve a weak pass rush."

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 28, 2011 at 17:56:18 ]

One of the times Kiper was absolutely dead-on correct.
Okay Baalke you can kick my ass.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Seriously though, wait until he's back next year with a few more pounds on him and even stronger. Look at the arms on the kid, he's the spitting image of D.Ware, we're set at pass rusher for years to come. The guy could and probably will break records with us.

Damn it feels good to not draft busts any more.
[ Edited by HoneyBadger49er on Feb 18, 2012 at 12:21 AM ]

For those of you who want to know what makes eli so great, watch the very last sack. Shifts twice while head down field and finally gets tagged, eyes still downfield.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

That was still the funniest comment in this thread.
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Seriously though, wait until he's back next year with a few more pounds on him and even stronger. Look at the arms on the kid, he's the spitting image of D.Ware, we're set at pass rusher for years to come. The guy could and probably will break records with us.

Damn it feels good to not draft busts any more.

Except for that 7th rounder these morons blew on a DE and NOW THEY WANT TO CONVERT HIM TO FB?

#$%#%^^^ Idiots!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:

That was still the funniest comment in this thread.

Yah I was playing around.
3000!!!!!
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Agreed. Fans expecting double-digit sacks will likely disappointed. Aldon has a LONG way to go. This is going to be a rough transition for a player that is entering the NFL after only two seasons at Mizzou.

[IMG]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj222/bighasbeen/meh.jpg[/IMG]
[ Edited by JD81 on Feb 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM ]
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Agreed. Fans expecting double-digit sacks will likely disappointed. Aldon has a LONG way to go. This is going to be a rough transition for a player that is entering the NFL after only two seasons at Mizzou.

sorry OTC

Draft "experts"......smfh
[ Edited by JimmyMcnulty on Feb 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home