LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 250 users in the forums

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Okay Baalke you can kick my ass.

That was still the funniest comment in this thread.
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Seriously though, wait until he's back next year with a few more pounds on him and even stronger. Look at the arms on the kid, he's the spitting image of D.Ware, we're set at pass rusher for years to come. The guy could and probably will break records with us.

Damn it feels good to not draft busts any more.

Except for that 7th rounder these morons blew on a DE and NOW THEY WANT TO CONVERT HIM TO FB?

#$%#%^^^ Idiots!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
Okay Baalke you can kick my ass.

That was still the funniest comment in this thread.

Yah I was playing around.
3000!!!!!
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Agreed. Fans expecting double-digit sacks will likely disappointed. Aldon has a LONG way to go. This is going to be a rough transition for a player that is entering the NFL after only two seasons at Mizzou.

[IMG]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj222/bighasbeen/meh.jpg[/IMG]
[ Edited by JD81 on Feb 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM ]
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Agreed. Fans expecting double-digit sacks will likely disappointed. Aldon has a LONG way to go. This is going to be a rough transition for a player that is entering the NFL after only two seasons at Mizzou.

sorry OTC

Draft "experts"......smfh
[ Edited by JimmyMcnulty on Feb 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM ]
Originally posted by BMoore56:
Who the f*ck is this guy????? i feel like the f*ckin raiders ughhhh!!!!!

i dunno which is funnier-this statement or his webzone log in name

Originally posted by JimmyMcnulty:

Love your username.

definitly not a science........
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

definitly not a science........
Man you guys are all over OTC. It is not like he stated Aldon was at best a second round draft pick. He merely stated that Smith has talent but must be put in the right situation to succeed. At the time it seems that OTC was not comfortable with stating the niners defensive schemes would provide him this success. With a new coaching staff coming in and an offensive minded coach, why would you jump to that conclusion.

Now that he has seen how Fangio runs his defense he has every right to change his view on this pick and be pleasantly surprised. As opposed to be scrutinized for something he stated almost a year ago. It's like everyone wanted Aldon Smith to be our first round choice last year.
[ Edited by dwett on Feb 26, 2012 at 4:55 PM ]
everyone hating on OTC

yall messed up lol

Missouri sophomore defensive end Aldon Smith is forgoing his final two seasons of eligibility to enter the NFL Draft, the university announced on Friday. "I'd like to thank everyone at Mizzou for supporting me," Smith said in a release. "The coaches, our fans and alumni, everyone has been great, and they've definitely helped me get to this point. It's been my dream for as long as I can remember to play in the NFL, so this is something I'm really excited for." Smith suffered a broken leg early in the season that forced him to miss three games and was still hampered by the injury briefly when he returned, but he finished with 48 total tackles, including 10 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks. "There's no question that Aldon is one of the most gifted athletes in the country at his position," Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said. "We'd love to have the chance to coach him longer, but we're 100 percent behind him and supportive with this decision." Smith redshirted his first year at Missouri, allowing him to be three years removed from high school and draft eligible. He joins his teammate, quarterback Blaine Gabbert as early entrants into the draft. Gabbert, a junior, declared for the draft earlier this week. Before this season, receiver Jeremy Maclin was the only Gary Pinkel recruit to leave school early for the draft. Smith and Gabbert's departures make it three.
What's with the hating on OTC? There were far more misjudged posts.
Share 49ersWebzone