There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 3, #80, the San Francisco 49ers selects Chris Culliver, CB, South Carolina

I'll keep saying this; "Jim Harbaugh had Tony Romo and David Garrad graded better than Joey Harrington." When other teams didn't even have Romo on their draft board! I think Jim knows what to look for in a player, and trust his coaching skills a lot.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by PTulini:
bydavidwhite: Culliver played CB and S. Mike Mayock had him as a sixth-rounder. "A height-weight-speed guy but he worries me."

Thought they were going to grab that CB from Louisville. Bad pick.

"That CB from Louisville must not be too much of a prospect if you can't even remember his name.

There were 5 CBs taken within 10 picks after Culliver.

DeMarcus Van Dyke - Raiders

Johnny Patrick - New ORl

Shareece Wright - SD

Curtis Marsh - Philly (traded up)


Anyone got the goods on these guys?

easily patrick, van dyke was a reach too
I remember watching him at USC, he is a baller. I think is exactly like Reggie Smith was at OU. Pretty much to a tee.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I remember watching him at USC, he is a baller. I think is exactly like Reggie Smith was at OU. Pretty much to a tee.

i lived in columbia but still never cared for the gamecocks so i know nothing about the guy, so if hes like reggie smith he wont do crap but then again we got a totally new and much better staff to coach them up
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I'll keep saying this; "Jim Harbaugh had Tony Romo and David Garrad graded better than Joey Harrington." When other teams didn't even have Romo on their draft board! I think Jim knows what to look for in a player, and trust his coaching skills a lot.



Hmmmmm!!!!!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Ugh we should've traded back some more. We could've got this guy in the 4th. Baalke is a dumbass.

Baalke isn't running the draft by himself. Remember all defensive coaches are in that war room and have had input. So it's not just Baalke you're calling a dumbass, it's also Vic Fangio and Ed Donnatel. There's no way you can separate the two unless you're sure the entire defensive staff wanted someone else and Baalke insisted on this one person, it's not all on him.

Wow, Baalke isn't stupid with this pick. I predicted Culliver would go in the third. He's a very good safety prospect, and is likely the one who'll replace Goldson.

nice!
Just read that he will be a corner for us. Not a safety. This was from branchs latest article
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I'll keep saying this; "Jim Harbaugh had Tony Romo and David Garrad graded better than Joey Harrington." When other teams didn't even have Romo on their draft board! I think Jim knows what to look for in a player, and trust his coaching skills a lot.



Hmmmmm!!!!!

Only time can tell, and for the moment I trust coach.
Originally posted by SDDAVE:
God, we finally have a kick returner with speed who is not looking for the sidelines after he fields it. Enjoy the video, I think you will like what you see.


null

He juked like 15 guys on that return. Crazy! Now we have another physical, big CB with speed who can also return kicks and help out on ST.

[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 29, 2011 at 21:10:50 ]
Originally posted by SDDAVE:
God, we finally have a kick returner with speed who is not looking for the sidelines after he fields it. Enjoy the video, I think you will like what you see.


null

Thanks for the link. Pretty electrifying returns. He'll have to learn to carry the ball on his left, too.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,926
A fast athletic kid that can play safety or corner, good pick.
Bad pick if he was slated to go in the 6th round.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Ugh we should've traded back some more. We could've got this guy in the 4th. Baalke is a dumbass.

Baalke isn't running the draft by himself. Remember all defensive coaches are in that war room and have had input. So it's not just Baalke you're calling a dumbass, it's also Vic Fangio and Ed Donnatel. There's no way you can separate the two unless you're sure the entire defensive staff wanted someone else and Baalke insisted on this one person, it's not all on him.

Wow, Baalke isn't stupid with this pick. I predicted Culliver would go in the third. He's a very good safety prospect, and is likely the one who'll replace Goldson.

nice!

Plus, there are still a LOT of good corners on the board that we can go after in the 4th and beyond. No need to panic yet.

We could still feasibly land Davon House, Brandon Burton, Chimdi Chekwa, Jalil Brown, Buster Skrine, or Cortez Allen.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Ugh we should've traded back some more. We could've got this guy in the 4th. Baalke is a dumbass.

Baalke isn't running the draft by himself. Remember all defensive coaches are in that war room and have had input. So it's not just Baalke you're calling a dumbass, it's also Vic Fangio and Ed Donnatel. There's no way you can separate the two unless you're sure the entire defensive staff wanted someone else and Baalke insisted on this one person, it's not all on him.

Wow, Baalke isn't stupid with this pick. I predicted Culliver would go in the third. He's a very good safety prospect, and is likely the one who'll replace Goldson.

nice!

Plus, there are still a LOT of good corners on the board that we can go after in the 4th and beyond. No need to panic yet.

We could still feasibly land Davon House, Brandon Burton, Chimdi Chekwa, Jalil Brown, Buster Skrine, or Cortez Allen.

I like Brown and Kendric Burney
Is he a safety or corner ?