There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 3, #80, the San Francisco 49ers selects Chris Culliver, CB, South Carolina

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I'm surprised the webzone hasn't seen this coming for awhile. I've been singing his praises ever since his rookie year when he neutralized CJ. Our defensive gameplan has been to throw him on the other teams best WR and just worry about everything else. Impressive.

I've said this a few times and would like to add that this dude plays with that kind of passion (like Steve Smith but a CB). The athletic leaping play he made in the endzone last night was pretty sick.

Agree. That was completely awesome how he was able to extend out as he was turning and leaping. I seriously thought he was going to bring that ball down for a one-handed INT in the endzone. This kid just keeps getting better each and every week. His jersey is on my list right after Aldon Smith's
  • sfout
  • Veteran
From NFL.com Power Rankings.....

Alex Smith's night (18-for-19, 232 yards passing and three touchdowns) was the best performance of his career. Perhaps lost in Smith's amazing night, and definitely lost among all the studs on defense, was the play of second-year cornerback Chris Culliver. Is it just me, Niner fans, or is this guy pretty darn good? Hit me up @Harrison_NFL if I'm overrating Culliver, but he's more effective than Carlos Rogers, right?

Cully getting noticed by the pundits now!
Originally posted by sfout:

Cully getting noticed by the pundits now!

nice.
Culliver is a beast and far exceeding my expectations. Some of the plays he made were straight up ridiculous
CB's need to play tight and physical and jump some routes like last year esp. when we blitz. Rogers/Brown are playing lazy IMHO, still playing way off WR's at times...but Culliver has been playing both physical and aggressive and he's making the plays.

QBR against Culliver (28.7), Brown (87.6) & Rogers (92.4). Play tighter boys and trust your front 7 and your own skill set if they don't get there...do this and you can jump some routes and get INT's like last year.
Originally posted by NCommand:
CB's need to play tight and physical and jump some routes like last year esp. when we blitz. Rogers/Brown are playing lazy IMHO, still playing way off WR's at times...but Culliver has been playing both physical and aggressive and he's making the plays.

QBR against Culliver (28.7), Brown (87.6) & Rogers (92.4). Play tighter boys and trust your front 7 and your own skill set if they don't get there...do this and you can jump some routes and get INT's like last year.

Now that stat is really impressive, but I would say that it's slightly inflated because Rogers and Brown generally face the #1s and #2s. But still, I would say Cully has been playing the best of the three.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Now that stat is really impressive, but I would say that it's slightly inflated because Rogers and Brown generally face the #1s and #2s. But still, I would say Cully has been playing the best of the three.

That is impressive. Rogers slides inside to cover the slot quite a but, which is why we occassionally saw Cully matched up on Fitgerald.
I'd be interested in seeing how many times each of them were targeted.
So next year we dump Rodgers and use that money to re-sign Goldson and make Cully a starter ?
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
So next year we dump Rodgers and use that money to re-sign Goldson and make Cully a starter ?

No, we should certainly keep Aaron IMHO.

I wish lol

I wish lol

Might as well let him compete with Alex/Kaep next year.

I wish lol

open competition ftw

I wish lol

open competition ftw

More like no competition.

I would be happy with that move if we drafted another CB early. Cox has also been playing well, but we could use another CB.
Originally posted by Yunchang:

I wish lol

open competition ftw

More like no competition.

Alex would win out. He's the most accurate passer the game has ever seen. Now it's a fact.