There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 3, #80, the San Francisco 49ers selects Chris Culliver, CB, South Carolina

I was scratching my head during this pick in the draft. Didn't take me too long to figure out this kid is the real deal though.

I could see him being our #1 CB in the next year or two.
Originally posted by verb1der:
well you know what I mean maaaaaan!

lol dont get me wrong everytime he was around CJ i was throwin up my hands yelling CULLY IN THE HOUSE! all game
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Culliver and Brown are really our best corners, hence why Culliver covers Calvin Johnson and why Rogers covers the slot on 3rd Downs.
Chris Culliver > Patrick Peterson
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Chris Culliver > Patrick Peterson

At covering WR's, I completely agree.

Does anyone have the numbers on these two since they came in the league? Like, number of attempts thrown there way, yards given up, QB completion percentage against them etc. Or if you could point me in the direction of where to find those stats, that would be excellent.

It would be interesting to see how they stack up against each other threw the last 21 games.
Chris PI Culliver.
Alot of people hated this pick. Good thing no one here is in our draft room! I think he is a great player. Idk if he can be a really good starter in this league but he is a hell of a third corner!
Originally posted by tankle104:
Alot of people hated this pick. Good thing no one here is in our draft room! I think he is a great player. Idk if he can be a really good starter in this league but he is a hell of a third corner!

I think his ceiling is much, much higher than that.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by tankle104:

I think his ceiling is much, much higher than that.

Well I was saying idk cause I haven't seen it yet. But I'd have to agree with you that I believe he is fully capable of it.
bumpity bump. I think he's outplaying tbrown so far this season.
Originally posted by natrone06:
bumpity bump. I think he's outplaying tbrown so far this season.

Really? All of our guys are good, but Cully seems the most inconsistent. I do think Brown had a bad game Thursday though. Got beat more than any other game I remember.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Culliver and Brown are really our best corners, hence why Culliver covers Calvin Johnson and why Rogers covers the slot on 3rd Downs.

Covering the slot in Fangio's scheme is extremely tough because most of the time you don't get safety help over the top.
Nice play by Cully on the late drive by the Seahawk. Timed the jump perfectly. Rejected.
hes scary good
He is going to get better.

Soon the ints and pick 6s will start coming. This guy is special.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home