There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 3, #80, the San Francisco 49ers selects Chris Culliver, CB, South Carolina

Love his energy and confidence... He talks trash like hes a 10 year vet
Originally posted by laughsatyou:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Here is a statistic about all Rookie CB that played so far this Season with the QB Rating against them:

It wasn't too long ago that people were blasting this pick since he played mostly safety. However, there was no questioning that he had some speed that also tranlated well on the field unlike another safety we picked that is no longer here.

However let us not get to ahead of ourselves as he is coming in only on passing situations and is not taking always on the best wr of the teams .Also, some like Peterson are playing for a bad team. As far as Brown goes, perhaps he wasn't doing well because the coaches were not using him properly and/or is finally getting good coaching?

Do you have a link for the above chart? Please share it--thanks.

this

This
Originally posted by sean610:

And getting better by the game!
Does he have the speed to match up against wallace? I hope so
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by sean610:

And getting better by the game!

Im getting that proud father feeling watching these rookies
Any specific areas of progress? Is he ready for number 2 CB on the team?
all his problems are coachable just needs to take better angles on tackles

his coverage is solid
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
all his problems are coachable just needs to take better angles on tackles

his coverage is solid

this. The guy has been a pleasant surprise this year. Absolutely hated pick by the fans, but has quietly been having a great rookie season. He gets overshadowed by Rogers and Goldson.

Oh, and anyone else see Tarell Brown today? The guy is not as bad as some make him out to be. He's actually pretty good.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
this. The guy has been a pleasant surprise this year. Absolutely hated pick by the fans, but has quietly been having a great rookie season. He gets overshadowed by Rogers and Goldson.

Oh, and anyone else see Tarell Brown today? The guy is not as bad as some make him out to be. He's actually pretty good.

Agree on Brown. He gets picked on by the fans because the rest of the D is so stellar. Brown is a solid player, he definitely held his own tonight.
So it would appear that our backfield is able to play with the big boys and helped us to win. I am glad for Culliver and I am glad he is improving week by week. Rogers, Brown, Culliver is pretty sweet with Spencer at #4. I hope we can get another CB in the off season.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Agree on Brown. He gets picked on by the fans because the rest of the D is so stellar. Brown is a solid player, he definitely held his own tonight.

I still think Brown is a #3 CB. There were a few occasions where he got beat bad but Big Ben didnt see it. I dont think he deserves to get cut like a lot of people but I dont think he's a starter.

Lets not get carried away here. We finally have a front 7 that benefits our DB's. There is a reason why they are all ball hawks.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I still think Brown is a #3 CB. There were a few occasions where he got beat bad but Big Ben didnt see it. I dont think he deserves to get cut like a lot of people but I dont think he's a starter.

Lets not get carried away here. We finally have a front 7 that benefits our DB's. There is a reason why they are all ball hawks.

This. Culliver will be starting alongside Rogers next season with Brown being the #3 unless we draft a CB high in the draft or trade Brown away.
whats up with his play as of late?

Dudes been getting too feisty with opposing WR's
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I hope he starts next season and makes the league his b***h!

I'm perfectly ok with him suplexing Brandon Lloyd.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Not sure wht his deal is over the last few games. I do know it sure seems like he won't back down from any reciever which is a good thing. Just don't want any team killing penalties.