LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Paul:
so what do we do now? does CK get the nod this year or are we still going to attempt to bring Smith back? I agree Arizona needs a QB probably worse than us and they are avoiding it & are craving Bulger.

I like the Aldon Smith choice more as I read about the guy, and then this.. pretty awesome draft so far

I highly doubt Kaepernick will start right off the bat. He will be groomed and eased in. I'm very confident Alex Smith will be back this year, and I'm OK with it now. That is, unless they get McNabb, Bulger or Palmer. Kolb is out of the picture now.

u never know? Would be hilarious if we signed Bulger for a year while CK learns, Arizona would be really screwed.

What type of offense does Nevada play in? Was it similar to what Smith was in @ Utah?
This kid has everything; he's cool under pressure, intelligent, cannon arm, elusive, can avoid the run, and evades only when he needs to. Very, very special talent; he's going to ride the bench and learn the WCO, gonna be a franchise QB in 2 years.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers made a solid pick, anyone know what they gave up to move ahead by 10 spots?

they said switch our second, a 4th and a 5th i think
Who was the team we traded with
Nice! I'm no draft guru, but I liked what I saw from this dude. Welcome to the Niners!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Just wondeting do you think they really wanted Dalton and settled for Kap?

Not at all. I don't think they ever planned on taking Dalton in the first place. I think Denver gave them a decent offer on trading up and they jumped in front to grab Kaepernick before the Cardinals or the Raiders beat them to it.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Matt Williamson:
Cincy should have taken Kaepernick...will regret it in a few years.

who the f**k is matt williamson?

imo dalton will be better than kep

prob just a beat writer who liked him

Nope sorry, Williamson was a scout/recruiting coordinator for the University of Pitt and then a scout for the Browns. Now he's analyst for ESPN and a host on the Football Today podcast.
So pumped right now! OLB check....QB check....

Now go after CB/WR/DT/DE
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Not at all. I don't think they ever planned on taking Dalton in the first place. I think Denver gave them a decent offer on trading up and they jumped in front to grab Kaepernick before the Cardinals or the Raiders beat them to it.

I think Harbaugh wanted Kaep the entire time.
Not sure how I feel about the pick. Anyone know what we gave up to move up in the draft?

I actually think they wanted CK, but knew Dalton would be picked first. As soon as someone picked Dalton, they knew they had to move up to get CK.

Just my gut, though.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
HELL YEAHHHHHH...SO HAPPY!!!!!
i loved dalton, but i was also interested in kaepernick. i would be lying if i said i wanted CK1 (as i call him now) over dalton, but i'm definitely happy with the pick. dude has a gun and harbaugh knows what he is doing
Originally posted by DONBIS:
Who was the team we traded with

Broncos
Originally posted by 49erRider:
so what do we do now? does CK get the nod this year or are we still going to attempt to bring Smith back? I agree Arizona needs a QB probably worse than us and they are avoiding it & are craving Bulger.

I like the Aldon Smith choice more as I read about the guy, and then this.. pretty awesome draft so far

I highly doubt Kaepernick will start right off the bat. He will be groomed and eased in. I'm very confident Alex Smith will be back this year, and I'm OK with it now. That is, unless they get McNabb, Bulger or Palmer. Kolb is out of the picture now.

u never know? Would be hilarious if we signed Bulger for a year while CK learns, Arizona would be really screwed.

What type of offense does Nevada play in? Was it similar to what Smith was in @ Utah?

Really weird spread type hybrid, not an Urban Meyer offense thats for sure. Kaepernick is going to have an even steeper learning curve but I think Harbaugh values his leadership traits, his athleticism, strong arm and accuracy. I'm sure he'll be able to learn the system as time goes on.
Share 49ersWebzone