LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Matt Williamson:
Cincy should have taken Kaepernick...will regret it in a few years.

who the f**k is matt williamson?
we just drafted my 2nd favorite QB in the draft.
I'm surprised that Harbaugh wasn't there on his couch going over the playbook with him already.
Interesting. The Niners' first two picks are developmental "project" players. So much for winning the NFC West next year...but if they turn into our version of Aaron Rogers/Brian Orakpo,,,

Guess we'll just wait a few years to see.
The niners only gave up pick 113 in the 4th round to move up and get Kaepernick. They beat out the Raiders trying to move up to select Kaepernick.

I had Kaepernick as my dark horse qb, he is not NFL ready, but his potential is awesome.
http://twitter.com/#!/Kaepernick10

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
in harbaugh i trust and he knows QB's..Have FAITH f**kERS WHAT THE f**k!!

that's why all you bashers are Arm Chair GM's!!
We gave up a 2nd, 4th and 5th to move up 9 spots. That seems like alot with all the holes on our team. Harbaugh must really love this kid. I like the pick, I just we didnt give up too much
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers made a solid pick, anyone know what they gave up to move ahead by 10 spots?

They swapped 2nd round picks and they gave up a 4th and 5th rounders.

I'm surprised they gave up so much to get this guy. Seems desperate. Scouting reports say he is very raw and a development project. Now, maybe in the hands of Harbaugh that will pay big dividends a couple years down the line, but that seems like an awfully steep price. All we needed, IMO, is an accurate passer who can distribute the ball. This guy is one of those runner/passer hybrids.

I'd say for our possible starting QB of the future it's not much at all, we didn't even lose a 3rd. Plus think of what it says that our team traded up in the 2nd to get this guy.

Ordering my jersey soon
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Matt Williamson:
Cincy should have taken Kaepernick...will regret it in a few years.

who the f**k is matt williamson?

imo dalton will be better than kep

prob just a beat writer who liked him

STANZI IN THE 3RD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terrible pick, the 49ers blew it

Why not trade up for Dalton??
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
Arrived late from work. What did we give up to move up?
  • bors
  • Veteran
anyone think denver dealt with us to spite al davis????or was this a Stanford connection?

LOVE IT.
Share 49ersWebzone