LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
STANZI IN THE 3RD!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a Nevada fan and a Niner fan I couldn't be more excited! I'm happy for Colin and I really believe in Harbaugh to turn him into a legit QB. Dude is seriously a winner
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Matt Williamson:
Cincy should have taken Kaepernick...will regret it in a few years.

who the f**k is matt williamson?

imo dalton will be better than kep

prob just a beat writer who liked him

Wonder what it would have taken to move up before Cincy? couldn't be much more than we gave up to move before AZ?
Originally posted by Hollywood:
Terrible pick. The guy ran a gimmick offense. I sure hope Cincy's drafting of Dalton means Carson is headed to SF. Otherwise we are screwed.

Uhhh....Dalton ran a gimmick offense too. Mallett is the only talented qb leftthat ran a pro set offense and obvviously teams dont want him.
if Harbaugh like him, then I love him!! :)

go nienrs!!!
Did I want Dalton or Ponder more? Yes.

Does what I think matters? No.

Do I trust Harbaugh's judgment on a quarterback? Hell yes.

This guy won't light it up this year, but he can be great with great coaching. We got our QB of the future. Go Niners!
awesome I was hoping the niners would consider him he's raw but he has upside and a ton of potential.
Harbaugh is going to do some dirty dirty things with Kaepernick. I can't wait to see!
Great pick, got the best QB in the draft in the second round. Great athlete with a great arm. Were havin a dam good draft. We can use a CB, speed back, a NT and WR
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
This has been a strange draft so far for SF. I really thought that Harbaugh would wait till next year to spend a high pick on a QB. Well I hope this guy pans out its been to long since we had even an avg QB.

Waiting for next year means tanking the season. We're in to win right now.

Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
We gave up a 2nd, 4th and 5th to move up 9 spots. That seems like alot with all the holes on our team. Harbaugh must really love this kid. I like the pick, I just we didnt give up too much

We have an extra 4th so I am okay with that. I am just glad we did not give up both our 4ths.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers made a solid pick, anyone know what they gave up to move ahead by 10 spots?

They swapped 2nd round picks and they gave up a 4th and 5th rounders.

I'm surprised they gave up so much to get this guy. Seems desperate. Scouting reports say he is very raw and a development project. Now, maybe in the hands of Harbaugh that will pay big dividends a couple years down the line, but that seems like an awfully steep price. All we needed, IMO, is an accurate passer who can distribute the ball. This guy is one of those runner/passer hybrids.

He is an accurate passer with very good arm strength. The only guy with a higher ceiling than Kaepernick at QB was Cam Newton, but Newton also has more bust potential. I am very happy with this pick and giving up a 4th and 5th isn't too much to pay for a potential franchise QB. If he wasn't a QB, I might question the trade-up, but this was obviously a huge need and, like I said, I'm almost positive Arizona was going to take him with the next pick.
I Think Colin was the absolute target all along, cause if we wanted Dalton we could have traded something close to that exact value (for Colin) with the Bills.
Don't hate on the pick, folks. Kaepernick is a student of the game and will be one of those guys who picks this system up in no time. He'll be fine.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 29, 2011 at 15:42:19 ]
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Terrible pick, the 49ers blew it

Why not trade up for Dalton??

First of all, no.

Second of all, Pats wanted a 1st rounder for their pick. So you really want to give up a first for your homey Dalton?

Love the pick.
Share 49ersWebzone