LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mike
  • Veteran
If only preseason a quarterback make. David carr would be tom brady, davis would be peyton(and if they kept him he might actually be starting). Kaep would already be a bust(i guess he is). Thank god for preseason, gives us all highlights to ponder of guys like davis beating 3rd and 4th stringers.
Originally posted by mike:
If only preseason a quarterback make. David carr would be tom brady, davis would be peyton(and if they kept him he might actually be starting). Kaep would already be a bust(i guess he is). Thank god for preseason, gives us all highlights to ponder of guys like davis beating 3rd and 4th stringers.

I never understood why some think just because you are playing against 3rd stringers or what ever...that it would take away from a nice touch pass. You are seeing what is in front of you and adjusting the throw....that is the play that was available at the time.

what does playing against 3rd stringers have to do with taking credit away from a QB making a nice touch pass? Isn't that just natural ability in ball placement?
I'm in the kaepernick cab of awesomeness fo sho!!!
His delivery is funky, but that doesn't mean he has no future as our starting QB. It is possible to clean up a QB's delivery to a certain extent. Watching him play I honestly don't think it is that big a deal. I still think he is our future starter. Like Afrikan said, his touch and ball placement is very good. Kaep has all the smarts, physical attributes, and leadership skills. The dude is a gamer. Harbaugh will clean up his mechanics in no time.
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by susweel:
Kap has more physical talent than Alex. It's just a matter of getting him coached up to the pro game. Maybe its just my blind optimism but I do think he is the QB of the future.

I'll bet you twenty bucks he's not.

main reason for me not liking kaep: mechanics and that long ass awkward wind up. takes too long on the release, not compact and fast enough. can't really fix that.

Does it really take too long? Harbaugh has said it's fine because of how the ball shoots out of there. I trust his assessment on that. Not like we've seen much of him to really know for sure, his only reg season action came against the bucs.
So Nate got signed... dumped... signed.... dumped... put on weight, and was told to me by the very treatment physician ... had a strong taste of the ganja.. couldn't focus without it...

Hmmm.. a real mystery, what happened to super-Nate.................. (true story... zero BS)
Aye yo, f**k Nate Davis and his count to potato ass!!! Left muthaphucka LEFT!
He has to be ready at all times. He's only one play away from an opportunity!
i still want him to start next year ... lol i love his attitude. especially after that tweet he put out bout being sacked every play.
Originally posted by tankle104:
i still want him to start next year ... lol i love his attitude. especially after that tweet he put out bout being sacked every play.

lol he said he would rather be sacked every play then not play...

He's been fortunate that he doesn't have to play this year. Sitting and learning the game like Rodgers did is extremely beneficial.
Originally posted by toeknee:
Kap has more physical talent than Alex. It's just a matter of getting him coached up to the pro game. Maybe its just my blind optimism but I do think he is the QB of the future.

main reason for me not liking kaep: mechanics and that long ass awkward wind up. takes too long on the release, not compact and fast enough. can't really fix that.

Does it really take too long? Harbaugh has said it's fine because of how the ball shoots out of there. I trust his assessment on that. Not like we've seen much of him to really know for sure, his only reg season action came against the bucs.

well, if JH has said that, then okay. I'm like many others here, I trust his decision making.

i doubt that JH has been working with kaep to help give tips and "clean up" his mechanics a bit. when would he have time. maybe geep chryst has been working with him. it'll make for an exciting off season.

well, if JH has said that, then okay. I'm like many others here, I trust his decision making.

i doubt that JH has been working with kaep to help give tips and "clean up" his mechanics a bit. when would he have time. maybe geep chryst has been working with him. it'll make for an exciting off season.

They had CK on sports science and I think they said that he had a very quick release. His release may look a little awkward, but it is not long, and it compares well to Philip Rivers release, which has not been a problem thus far.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:

They had CK on sports science and I think they said that he had a very quick release. His release may look a little awkward, but it is not long, and it compares well to Philip Rivers release, which has not been a problem thus far.

his releasy may not be a problem but he starts his motion too low which can lead to a lot of batted balls and fumbles JTO also had that problem
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by tankle104:

lol he said he would rather be sacked every play then not play...

i wasnt being sarcastic.. i really did love what he said and i actually want him to start next year.. i just worded it poorly. my bad
Share 49ersWebzone