LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hope he gets some reps once they get the last couple of games.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
here is the video you meant to post.

I really believe Baalke did not want to initially bring Alex back, but with the hold out and Jim convincing him...he changed his mind.

after the season, when he got the job and he was on the radio station about what he expected out of the QB position, it seemed for sure he was not a fan of Alex...or at least Alex's play on the field.

Even in current interviews, Baalke praises Alex's commitment to understand everything and make the plays he's required to make. I don't think I've ever heard Baalke praise Alex on his physical ability aside from the fact that he's mobile.
Well Alex has gotten us into the playoffs for the first time in his career, I think that buys him at least one more season as our starter, Although it is obvious that our QB position is what is holding back our offense. Baltimore made that clear by blitzing the sh!t out of Smith, and forcing him to make plays on the fly (where he has struggled his whole career).
Glad to see the kid working hard everyday still not just resting on the bench
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hopefully Alex stays healthy because even though Harbaugh says he has confidence in him I sure as hell dont

That's why you are not the coach... PAL!!!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Baalke: "Guys that throw from the same arm angle and same foot setting...those are the guys that need everything right around them. Colin can do it from different angles and positions"

This is the biggest difference between Colin and Alex in a nutshell.

Amen!
Preface - I really admire Smiths courage, heart, determination, great attitude, class, and his talent to some extent as well.

But watching tonights Saints - Giants game the speed that Drew Brees plays at in every way - mental, physical, footwork, release, progression, shuffle, step up, fake etc etc etc is so much faster than any QB we've had on the roster in so long it makes me sick. This is supposed to be the 49ers. Harbaugh couldn't get EVERYTHING done this first abbreviated year, but I have a feeling this is going to be addressed next year.

I'm sure Kap is a great kid but I'm not seeing it there either, sorry.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
So we're about to clinch 2nd Seed and some of you folks have run out of things to go into a drama fit about so now it's Kapernick's turn for it.

Jesus someone please stop the torture

Have you thought about the fact that it will be Kaps turn, FACT! We just can't wait for that day to come. Because we know Alex will not be winning us any Super Bowls
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
there are plenty of wrs with those same attributes and they don't play QB

Yeah but how many of those Wide Receivers have passsed for 10,000 yards and rushed for 3,000 in college? Um let me just answer that for you. answer:1 and that's Kaepernick!
Preface - I really admire Smiths courage, heart, determination, great attitude, class, and his talent to some extent as well.

But watching tonights Saints - Giants game the speed that Drew Brees plays at in every way - mental, physical, footwork, release, progression, shuffle, step up, fake etc etc etc is so much faster than any QB we've had on the roster in so long it makes me sick. This is supposed to be the 49ers. Harbaugh couldn't get EVERYTHING done this first abbreviated year, but I have a feeling this is going to be addressed next year.

lol, he hasnt even played yet...
And not a lot of QBs are as good as Drew Brees, that is obvious

Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
there are plenty of wrs with those same attributes and they don't play QB

Yeah but how many of those Wide Receivers have passsed for 10,000 yards and rushed for 3,000 in college? Um let me just answer that for you. answer:1 and that's Kaepernick!

do you want to trade usernames?

Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
lol, he hasnt even played yet...
And not a lot of QBs are as good as Drew Brees, that is obvious

do you want to trade usernames?

Umm...Ok!
Well, hopefully I'm wrong and you all are right that Kap is going to be a repeat pro bowler. Because that is what we need. Nothing short of it.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hopefully Alex stays healthy because even though Harbaugh says he has confidence in him I sure as hell dont

lol that means so much.
i'm excited to see kaep play whenever he has the opportunity, either late in the season or next preseason. in 2-3 years, he could end up being something special

Aikman, Cunningham, Brady, and even Montana played with a more cerebral, fluid motion in the pocket.

Brees is like a Jitterbug that bounces around in the pocket. He does it very effectively, but you can be a great quarterback without that style of play.
Share 49ersWebzone