There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I'm just astounded at all the Zoners who continue to defend and make excuses for Crabtree. SO FAR, and granted this may change, but so far, he has done very little to instill confidence. He drops balls, but denies it, has marginal speed; he has not meaningfully participated in TC or preseason, runs crap routes and has shown no desire to truly be a part of the team. And, if there's one receiver who should be here, catching balls from his likely QB, it's him. Yet, where is he? Sure, he MAY be keeping himself in shape, but that's simply not enough. He's a number one pick who has alot to prove, but doesn't seem to care. So, why in the he!! should we be cutting him any slack?

Isn't there at lockout going on right now? If this were a normal offseason you'd be right, but it's not.

Them working out together at the local Urban Active and catching balls in the street just isn't the same.

I agree - it's not the same, but if 49ers of old didn't spend time outside of assigned, coach-supervised practices, they never would have been as dominant as they were.

Truer words were never spoken. Also, see the post above and today's article that states that Crabtree is indeed in the Bay Area but chooses to work out on his own than with his teammates. This guy could be out there molesting dogs and kicking children and there would still be people making excuses for him.
I'm just astounded at all the Zoners who continue to defend and make excuses for Crabtree. SO FAR, and granted this may change, but so far, he has done very little to instill confidence. He drops balls, but denies it, has marginal speed; he has not meaningfully participated in TC or preseason, runs crap routes and has shown no desire to truly be a part of the team. And, if there's one receiver who should be here, catching balls from his likely QB, it's him. Yet, where is he? Sure, he MAY be keeping himself in shape, but that's simply not enough. He's a number one pick who has alot to prove, but doesn't seem to care. So, why in the he!! should we be cutting him any slack?

Isn't there at lockout going on right now? If this were a normal offseason you'd be right, but it's not.

Them working out together at the local Urban Active and catching balls in the street just isn't the same.

I agree - it's not the same, but if 49ers of old didn't spend time outside of assigned, coach-supervised practices, they never would have been as dominant as they were.

Truer words were never spoken. Also, see the post above and today's article that states that Crabtree is indeed in the Bay Area but chooses to work out on his own than with his teammates. This guy could be out there molesting dogs and kicking children and there would still be people making excuses for him.

I agree with all your points 4evr, but I think I'm bothered most by his lack of dedication to the team. As far as I'm concerned Crabtree is a dips**t. For where he was picked, I'm calling him a bust. Second round talent, with an UDFA attitude.

When I read the bold text above it brings my mind back to Dwight Clark who volunteered to catch some passes for a QB who was working out for Bill Walsh. Then, after being drafted in the tenth round volunteered to work with the QBs and followed them around to build rapport. He was one smart fellow and was able to build a career through tenacity and hard work.

Crabtree was a high pick and has a high pick mentality. Perhaps he is waiting for someone to call and invite him to practice...Clark would have been there with the bottled water and doughnuts in his trunk.
Quote:
Alex Smith and the gang had a throwing session at their usual spot this afternoon. Afterward, one thing was clear - they need more pass catchers. Crabtree, meanwhile, recently has been working out on his own in the Bay Area, but he has yet to join the group of 49ers that works out together in the South Bay. Carr said that the group intended to contact Crabtree and ask him to join their training session.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/wanted-more-wid.html#ixzz1NzkLAHaP
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Quote:
Alex Smith and the gang had a throwing session at their usual spot this afternoon. Afterward, one thing was clear - they need more pass catchers. Crabtree, meanwhile, recently has been working out on his own in the Bay Area, but he has yet to join the group of 49ers that works out together in the South Bay. Carr said that the group intended to contact Crabtree and ask him to join their training session.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/wanted-more-wid.html#ixzz1NzkLAHaP

I don't wanna read too much into this but the idea that someone must call Crabtree to show up to come to the south bay workout sessions...
Who cares? The guy sucks anyway. Was good in college, but can't get off press coverage and doesn't put in the time to be a great player/ or just can't be a great player and prefers to be a diva!!
What are you gonna be saying when Crabtree tears an ACL in these non-mandatory practices? Once we get a QB that can play on an NFL level, Crabtree will be a Pro-Bowler. Sh!!!t I'd be pissed to, knowing that my QB is complete garbage.
I can't believe all the crying over Crabs not being apart of these "workouts". So frigging pathetic.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Quote:

I don't wanna read too much into this but the idea that someone must call Crabtree to show up to come to the south bay workout sessions...

Quote:
He said he's also spoken on the phone with Michael Crabtree, one of the few receivers who has not spent time throwing with Smith this offseason. I asked why Crabtree hasn't been here to date.

"Great question," Smith said. "Asking the wrong guy."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/06/alex-smith-offe.html#ixzz1O4Eerhkl

Not good.
[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Jun 1, 2011 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Quote:

Quote:
He said he's also spoken on the phone with Michael Crabtree, one of the few receivers who has not spent time throwing with Smith this offseason. I asked why Crabtree hasn't been here to date.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/06/alex-smith-offe.html#ixzz1O4Eerhkl

Not good.

The old Smith would have made excuses for Crabtree, or answered in a way to not make him look bad. This answer not only says alot about Crabtree, but also, hopefully, abount Smith's maturation as a leader and a man. Now, if only he has matured as a QB.
Quote:

Quote:

Not good.

The old Smith would have made excuses for Crabtree, or answered in a way to not make him look bad. This answer not only says alot about Crabtree, but also, hopefully, abount Smith's maturation as a leader and a man. Now, if only he has matured as a QB.

Yup...this is finally the year Alex gets things turned around

For all the flack other players take, it's crazy to me how much praise Alex gets for the tiniest things.
Clowntree's never going to fit with this team it looks like. Doesn't seem like a team player.
The chemistry between our starting QB and number 1 WR is not good. Not a good thing for a team thats already behind the 8 ball.

Crabdouche don't wonna be here. Niners need to trade him as soon as they can.
Originally posted by JayBee:
Quote:

Quote:

Not good.

Yup...this is finally the year Alex gets things turned around

For all the flack other players take, it's crazy to me how much praise Alex gets for the tiniest things.

It's definitely a change in demeanor though, and that was something that he got killed for here in the past. Like when something goes wrong and it's not 100% on his fault, people point out how like Manning or Brady will scream at their OLine or their WR if they have to but when something goes wrong Alex shies away from it because he's not confident that the team will have his back and he doesn't stand up for himself. I think its something he should get credit for.

Plus it's not like Crab is just dissing Alex by not showing up. He is dissing Kaepernick and Carr too, well disrespecting them anyway. He needs to learn to run these WCO routes and Alex and maybe Ronald Johnson the rookie reciever are the only guys who can help him out with the WCO stuff, because Alex had been working out with Harbaugh and RoJo said a lot of the routes were similar or the same as what his position coach had him running when the 2 were at USC. Kaep and Carr need people to throw to also, and the way this is working out is like Crab will not have chemistry with any of these guys, will either get benched or result in INTs for all of the QBs, and that's not good for anybody.
Sounds so familliar to the Vernon bashing a few years ago. Some fans are more concerned with being a "nice guy" and hardworker than actual results.