LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Who cares? The guy sucks anyway. Was good in college, but can't get off press coverage and doesn't put in the time to be a great player/ or just can't be a great player and prefers to be a diva!!
What are you gonna be saying when Crabtree tears an ACL in these non-mandatory practices? Once we get a QB that can play on an NFL level, Crabtree will be a Pro-Bowler. Sh!!!t I'd be pissed to, knowing that my QB is complete garbage.
I can't believe all the crying over Crabs not being apart of these "workouts". So frigging pathetic.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Quote:
Alex Smith and the gang had a throwing session at their usual spot this afternoon. Afterward, one thing was clear - they need more pass catchers. Crabtree, meanwhile, recently has been working out on his own in the Bay Area, but he has yet to join the group of 49ers that works out together in the South Bay. Carr said that the group intended to contact Crabtree and ask him to join their training session.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/wanted-more-wid.html#ixzz1NzkLAHaP

I don't wanna read too much into this but the idea that someone must call Crabtree to show up to come to the south bay workout sessions...

Quote:
He said he's also spoken on the phone with Michael Crabtree, one of the few receivers who has not spent time throwing with Smith this offseason. I asked why Crabtree hasn't been here to date.

"Great question," Smith said. "Asking the wrong guy."

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/06/alex-smith-offe.html#ixzz1O4Eerhkl

Not good.
[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Jun 1, 2011 at 3:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Quote:
Alex Smith and the gang had a throwing session at their usual spot this afternoon. Afterward, one thing was clear - they need more pass catchers. Crabtree, meanwhile, recently has been working out on his own in the Bay Area, but he has yet to join the group of 49ers that works out together in the South Bay. Carr said that the group intended to contact Crabtree and ask him to join their training session.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/wanted-more-wid.html#ixzz1NzkLAHaP

I don't wanna read too much into this but the idea that someone must call Crabtree to show up to come to the south bay workout sessions...

Quote:
He said he's also spoken on the phone with Michael Crabtree, one of the few receivers who has not spent time throwing with Smith this offseason. I asked why Crabtree hasn't been here to date.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/06/alex-smith-offe.html#ixzz1O4Eerhkl

Not good.

The old Smith would have made excuses for Crabtree, or answered in a way to not make him look bad. This answer not only says alot about Crabtree, but also, hopefully, abount Smith's maturation as a leader and a man. Now, if only he has matured as a QB.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Quote:

Quote:

Not good.

The old Smith would have made excuses for Crabtree, or answered in a way to not make him look bad. This answer not only says alot about Crabtree, but also, hopefully, abount Smith's maturation as a leader and a man. Now, if only he has matured as a QB.

Yup...this is finally the year Alex gets things turned around

For all the flack other players take, it's crazy to me how much praise Alex gets for the tiniest things.
Clowntree's never going to fit with this team it looks like. Doesn't seem like a team player.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The chemistry between our starting QB and number 1 WR is not good. Not a good thing for a team thats already behind the 8 ball.

Crabdouche don't wonna be here. Niners need to trade him as soon as they can.
Originally posted by JayBee:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Quote:

Quote:

Not good.

Yup...this is finally the year Alex gets things turned around

For all the flack other players take, it's crazy to me how much praise Alex gets for the tiniest things.

It's definitely a change in demeanor though, and that was something that he got killed for here in the past. Like when something goes wrong and it's not 100% on his fault, people point out how like Manning or Brady will scream at their OLine or their WR if they have to but when something goes wrong Alex shies away from it because he's not confident that the team will have his back and he doesn't stand up for himself. I think its something he should get credit for.

Plus it's not like Crab is just dissing Alex by not showing up. He is dissing Kaepernick and Carr too, well disrespecting them anyway. He needs to learn to run these WCO routes and Alex and maybe Ronald Johnson the rookie reciever are the only guys who can help him out with the WCO stuff, because Alex had been working out with Harbaugh and RoJo said a lot of the routes were similar or the same as what his position coach had him running when the 2 were at USC. Kaep and Carr need people to throw to also, and the way this is working out is like Crab will not have chemistry with any of these guys, will either get benched or result in INTs for all of the QBs, and that's not good for anybody.
Sounds so familliar to the Vernon bashing a few years ago. Some fans are more concerned with being a "nice guy" and hardworker than actual results.

Originally posted by susweel:
The chemistry between our starting QB and number 1 WR is not good. Not a good thing for a team thats already behind the 8 ball.

Cosigned. Unless Crabtree changes his attitude he doesnt need to be here. Sucks because he is a good talent but he never wanted to play here in the first place it seems like, and he is not willing to work with his teammates.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Cosigned. Unless Crabtree changes his attitude he doesnt need to be here. Sucks because he is a good talent but he never wanted to play here in the first place it seems like, and he is not willing to work with his teammates.

Questions:

Are all signed players attending these workouts?
Are these mandatory workouts?
Can you list the other #1 receivers who are/aren't attending their team workouts?
Is Crabtree working out on his own?
If Crabs gets hurt, will you pay for his medical bills, physiotherapists, rehabbing?

Lets trade our #1 receiver! Lets trade our rookie RT! Some of you have lost your minds. Chill the *bleep* out. Crabtree is the least of our worries.
Originally posted by valrod33:
If he were white you wouldnt have made this thread

If he were green, somebody would have...because he is green to pre-season

Questions:

Can you list the other #1 receivers who are/aren't attending their team workouts?
If Crabs gets hurt, will you pay for his medical bills, physiotherapists, rehabbing?

Lets trade our #1 receiver! Lets trade our rookie RT! Some of you have lost your minds. Chill the *bleep* out. Crabtree is the least of our worries.

Actually, Harbaugh and his staff are the least of my worries. Then comes the inside linebackers, then the defensive line, and running back, tight ends, and punter...no, put the punter at first place...then maybe LT and LG. Center if Heitmann and/or Baas stays, and then the WRs including Crabtree. Yeah, that's about right.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jun 1, 2011 at 6:16 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Questions:

Dude I don't care about these workouts, I'm talking about his total attitude from the time he was drafted.
Share 49ersWebzone