There are 224 users in the forums

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Originally posted by JayBee:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by susweel:
The chemistry between our starting QB and number 1 WR is not good. Not a good thing for a team thats already behind the 8 ball.

Crabdouche don't wonna be here. Niners need to trade him as soon as they can.

Cosigned. Unless Crabtree changes his attitude he doesnt need to be here. Sucks because he is a good talent but he never wanted to play here in the first place it seems like, and he is not willing to work with his teammates.

Questions:

Are all signed players attending these workouts?
Are these mandatory workouts?
Can you list the other #1 receivers who are/aren't attending their team workouts?
Is Crabtree working out on his own?
If Crabs gets hurt, will you pay for his medical bills, physiotherapists, rehabbing?

Lets trade our #1 receiver! Lets trade our rookie RT! Some of you have lost your minds. Chill the *bleep* out. Crabtree is the least of our worries.

1. Almost every single reciever has worked out with Smith n co. for atleast a few days and ran routes except for Crabtree, Zeigler(injured), Lance Long(practice squad). Some lineman have. For a WR who has never been in the WCO, getting some chemistry running these routes with his QB is more important than other positions.
2. obviously not but why not show up to them? He is working out on his own even since he got back to the bay area so obviously he's not TOO worried about pulling a hamstring or another injury.
3. Pretty sure that other #1 WRs are working hard, pretty sure guys like Marques Colston have shown up to workout with Brees, Welker to workout with Brady, all of Eli's NY WRs like Nicks and Manningham shown up to work with him, Raiders WRs went to the camp that Richard Seymour hosted.
4. Yeah I dont see why it would kill him to show up to the workouts with his teammates like Josh Morgan and Alex SMith and Kyle Williams.
5. After that rookie deal he held out for a few years ago I'm sure he can pay for his own medical care.
The chemistry between our starting QB and number 1 WR is not good. Not a good thing for a team thats already behind the 8 ball.

Cosigned. Unless Crabtree changes his attitude he doesnt need to be here. Sucks because he is a good talent but he never wanted to play here in the first place it seems like, and he is not willing to work with his teammates.

Questions:

Can you list the other #1 receivers who are/aren't attending their team workouts?
If Crabs gets hurt, will you pay for his medical bills, physiotherapists, rehabbing?

Lets trade our #1 receiver! Lets trade our rookie RT! Some of you have lost your minds. Chill the *bleep* out. Crabtree is the least of our worries.

1. Almost every single reciever has worked out with Smith n co. for atleast a few days and ran routes except for Crabtree, Zeigler(injured), Lance Long(practice squad). Some lineman have. For a WR who has never been in the WCO, getting some chemistry running these routes with his QB is more important than other positions.
2. obviously not but why not show up to them? He is working out on his own even since he got back to the bay area so obviously he's not TOO worried about pulling a hamstring or another injury.
3. Pretty sure that other #1 WRs are working hard, pretty sure guys like Marques Colston have shown up to workout with Brees, Welker to workout with Brady, all of Eli's NY WRs like Nicks and Manningham shown up to work with him, Raiders WRs went to the camp that Richard Seymour hosted.
4. Yeah I dont see why it would kill him to show up to the workouts with his teammates like Josh Morgan and Alex SMith and Kyle Williams.
5. After that rookie deal he held out for a few years ago I'm sure he can pay for his own medical care.

Did you not even hear what Alex said about the workouts? Go read the article and get back to me.

Questions:

Did you not even hear what Alex said about the workouts? Go read the article and get back to me.

He said that so far they haven't been as important but he didnt say they were worthless. I mean he's been out there throwing every day with the rest of his guys for a reason. I dont think he'd be doing it if it were meaningless. I am worried about Crabtree man, I was a huge fan when we picked him but he hasnt shown up to his potential this far, just like half of the damn roster. Hopefully he just needs to be coached up but pretty soon these workouts will be pretty important with Alex and helping guys learn the routes and the concepts etc. of the offense and he will need to be there or he'll be behind.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Questions:

Sorry but logic fail.

If Crabtree works out in Dallas on his own and gets hurt, the team doesn't "pay" for his medical bills. He can't go to the "training facility" or see a "49er doctor". The safest thing to do is not to work out at all. Furthermore he is STILL working out in the Bay Area - just on his own.

You're right Crabtree is the least of our worries because he won't be contributing significantly any time soon. He doesn't work and Harbaugh is not going to be interested in dumbing down the playbook for one WR who put little effort. You can't just show up and think there's going to be a rapport between a WR and a QB in a new offense. This ain't Madden.

*sigh*

They're not even running frigging plays! Are you at the workouts? Good grief, for all you know they could be doing more harm than good. I'd much rather Crabtree attend when the coaches are there. You know what the diff is between NO and SF? NO isn't learning an entirely new system! So they're able to run plays with certainty. SF doesn't have a clue if whatever plays they're attempting to run are correct.

I'd much rather Crabtree train on his own for now.
[ Edited by JayBee on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:39 PM ]

Questions:

Sorry but logic fail.

If Crabtree works out in Dallas on his own and gets hurt, the team doesn't "pay" for his medical bills. He can't go to the "training facility" or see a "49er doctor". The safest thing to do is not to work out at all. Furthermore he is STILL working out in the Bay Area - just on his own.

You're right Crabtree is the least of our worries because he won't be contributing significantly any time soon. He doesn't work and Harbaugh is not going to be interested in dumbing down the playbook for one WR who put little effort. You can't just show up and think there's going to be a rapport between a WR and a QB in a new offense. This ain't Madden.

*sigh*

They're not even running frigging plays! Are you at the workouts? Good grief, for all you know they could be doing more harm than good. I'd much rather Crabtree attend when the coaches are there. You know what the diff is between NO and SF? NO isn't learning an entirely new system! So they're able to run plays with certainty. SF doesn't have a clue if whatever plays they're attempting to run are correct.

Well the only example I have to go on is the Niners of old. If it worked for them maybe it's good enough for Crabtree? I don't know. They are running ROUTES in the workouts - so much so that there aren't enough WRs on hand for the QBs practicing (see Matt Barrows). I understand what you're saying bud but you haven't been keeping up on the reading here.

Yeah i guess running some good ol regular routes aint good enough. Maybe they need some special one.

Questions:

Sorry but logic fail.

*sigh*

Well the only example I have to go on is the Niners of old. If it worked for them maybe it's good enough for Crabtree? I don't know. They are running ROUTES in the workouts - so much so that there aren't enough WRs on hand for the QBs practicing (see Matt Barrows). I understand what you're saying bud but you haven't been keeping up on the reading here.

9ers of old? The game has changed. If only we had as much access then as we have now. Bet you'd be screaming bloody murder if you found out the guys you idolized were getting tanked the night before the game.

They were running different formations man. Also, what if they were doing it wrong? What if the routes were incorrect? What if Alex's delivery or timing was not correct? This is why I don't see this workout thing as a big deal....because there are no coaches there. The coaches know the system far better than the players do. It's not like these guys have had a few years in the system and know the plays like the back of their hands. They're learning a whole new system. There's a reason why everyone's saying that this lockout is especially tough for teams with new coaching staffs. Chemistry means nothing if Alex is supposed to hitch twice yet he's hitching once....and Crabs is not running the proper routes.
Who gives a flying rat's a$$ what Alex is saying? He aint got no clout with with this damn team. Crabtree has a much brighter future than Alex with this organization, and two or three years down the road when Alex is all out of excuses and no more teams will give him a shot and has no choice but to hang em up, Crabtree will have matured into a top 5 WR in the league.
Originally posted by prime21:
Who gives a flying rat's a$$ what Alex is saying? He aint got no clout with with this damn team. Crabtree has a much brighter future than Alex with this organization, and two or three years down the road when Alex is all out of excuses and no more teams will give him a shot and has no choice but to hang em up, Crabtree will have matured into a top 5 WR in the league.

Deion is that you?
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Deion is that you?

nope, just a fan of REAL talent
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Deion is that you?

nope, just a fan of REAL talent

harbaugh disagrees with you

Questions:

Sorry but logic fail.

*sigh*

9ers of old? The game has changed. If only we had as much access then as we have now. Bet you'd be screaming bloody murder if you found out the guys you idolized were getting tanked the night before the game.

They were running different formations man. Also, what if they were doing it wrong? What if the routes were incorrect? What if Alex's delivery or timing was not correct? This is why I don't see this workout thing as a big deal....because there are no coaches there. The coaches know the system far better than the players do. It's not like these guys have had a few years in the system and know the plays like the back of their hands. They're learning a whole new system. There's a reason why everyone's saying that this lockout is especially tough for teams with new coaching staffs. Chemistry means nothing if Alex is supposed to hitch twice yet he's hitching once....and Crabs is not running the proper routes.

Dude you really don't understand football do you? The game has changed, and the work required to play the game is even MORE important that it has ever been. Really? You can run a route from an offense without running it in an offensive formation. Being a disciplined route runner doesn't need to be practiced ONLY in an 11 on 11 drill. It's the WCO - it's not a new, never seen before, never used system. And - here's the kicker - they have a playbook.

It's absolutely preposterous to suggest that you need a coach to practice basic throws and catches from the WCO. I guarantee you Harbaugh is using basic elements from this and if you're confused still go ask Luck. If you're still confused go to the local video store and buy "Route Running with Jerry Rice". Geeze. Really?

And who will be able to critique his route running? Alex? GTFOH.

If Crabtree would rather sit home and actually learn the entire playbook instead of playing catch with Alex to appease the fans then I have no problem with that.

Don't even question my football IQ.... I'd much rather Crabs be on the field with coaches instead of catching lame duck passes from a free agent QB.
Sounds so familliar to the Vernon bashing a few years ago. Some fans are more concerned with being a "nice guy" and hardworker than actual results.

Are you Crabs' relative or something? What "actual results" are you talking about? So far, he hasn't played like the draft pick he was and yes, you can put some of the blame on QB play, but come on, let's make him just a little accountable, ok? He hasn't exactly ingratiated himself with his teammates with his attitude, drops balls, but denies doing so, and so far, is not making any effort to establish any rapport with his potential QB's. But hey, he deserves adoration and praise. For what!? When he earns it and stops being such a d!@k, I'll gladly give it. And y the way, Vernon deserved that bashing, but he turned it around. So, there's still hope for Michael too.

Questions:

Sorry but logic fail.

*sigh*

Dude you really don't understand football do you? The game has changed, and the work required to play the game is even MORE important that it has ever been. Really? You can run a route from an offense without running it in an offensive formation. Being a disciplined route runner doesn't need to be practiced ONLY in an 11 on 11 drill. It's the WCO - it's not a new, never seen before, never used system. And - here's the kicker - they have a playbook.

It's absolutely preposterous to suggest that you need a coach to practice basic throws and catches from the WCO. I guarantee you Harbaugh is using basic elements from this and if you're confused still go ask Luck. If you're still confused go to the local video store and buy "Route Running with Jerry Rice". Geeze. Really?

If Crabtree would rather sit home and actually learn the entire playbook instead of playing catch with Alex to appease the fans then I have no problem with that.

Don't even question my football IQ.... I'd much rather Crabs be on the field with coaches instead of catching lame duck passes from a free agent QB.

You think a player can "actually learn the entire playbook" by just sitting at home and reading/looking at it?

You don't see any value in physically participating in drills that try to implement some of the plays contained in said playbook?

You don't think there's any value in a player working out with his teammates, including a FA QB that the new HC has already anointed as the starter?

You realize there's a lockout and that Crabs cannot "be on the field with coaches" at this time?

You don't see the value of building team chemistry, whether the players are executing the playbook correctly or not?

You don't think a player appears arrogant, aloof, maybe even selfish, to ignore his teammates and their joint workout, and works out on his own, especially when he lives in the same vicinity as his teammates?

You don't see any value in working out with someone else, training with a partner, or partners, to instill a competitive element in your workouts and drive one another to better results?

Not questioning your football IQ, but your position leaves some questions, including the above, unanswered.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Sounds so familliar to the Vernon bashing a few years ago. Some fans are more concerned with being a "nice guy" and hardworker than actual results.

Are you Crabs' relative or something? What "actual results" are you talking about? So far, he hasn't played like the draft pick he was and yes, you can put some of the blame on QB play, but come on, let's make him just a little accountable, ok? He hasn't exactly ingratiated himself with his teammates with his attitude, drops balls, but denies doing so, and so far, is not making any effort to establish any rapport with his potential QB's. But hey, he deserves adoration and praise. For what!? When he earns it and stops being such a d!@k, I'll gladly give it. And y the way, Vernon deserved that bashing, but he turned it around. So, there's still hope for Michael too.

Actual results? Despite having the worst QB'ing in the league and playing in one of the worst offenses in the league he put up decent stats last year. Not great, but decent given the circumstances. He played very well in his rookie year and EVERYBODY around the league acknowledged this.

You tell me he sucks. I tell you his QB's suck. You tell me he doesn't get any separation, I ask...have you watched every route he has run? The "he doesn't get separation" thing is completely overblown just like the Alex has small hands garbage.

Can he be more implicated? Yes. But I'm not going to crap on him for not showing up to a pass and catch workout with a free agent QB. Get mad when he doesn't show up for mandatory practices.

This whole thing is being blown out of proportion.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Questions:

Sorry but logic fail.

*sigh*

You think a player can "actually learn the entire playbook" by just sitting at home and reading/looking at it?

You don't see any value in physically participating in drills that try to implement some of the plays contained in said playbook?

You don't think there's any value in a player working out with his teammates, including a FA QB that the new HC has already anointed as the starter?

You realize there's a lockout and that Crabs cannot "be on the field with coaches" at this time?

You don't see the value of building team chemistry, whether the players are executing the playbook correctly or not?

You don't think a player appears arrogant, aloof, maybe even selfish, to ignore his teammates and their joint workout, and works out on his own, especially when he lives in the same vicinity as his teammates?

You don't see any value in working out with someone else, training with a partner, or partners, to instill a competitive element in your workouts and drive one another to better results?

Not questioning your football IQ, but your position leaves some questions, including the above, unanswered.

Bro....I'm not saying you're completely wrong. Crabs comes across as beign arrogant and aloof. I don't know about the selfish part.

I honestly think Crabs is misunderstood though...from articles I've read about him.

Do I wish he got along better with teammates? yes. Do I wish he concentrated more? Yes. Do I think he doesn't care? No...not at all. Him and Alex seem to have a problem and I think this stems from the holdout. He got drafted and was disappointed by the lack of an established QB. Regardless, he wants to make money, and not playing well will affect his money. He has pride, he cares!

I jsut think a lot of the "hate" is unfair, that's all. Did you see Roddie White when he came into the league? He dropped everything. Imagine if the Falcons listened to their fans and traded him for a 3rd rounder. C'mon! Relax.
Share 49ersWebzone