LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

I'm just astounded at all the Zoners who continue to defend and make excuses for Crabtree. SO FAR, and granted this may change, but so far, he has done very little to instill confidence. He drops balls, but denies it, has marginal speed; he has not meaningfully participated in TC or preseason, runs crap routes and has shown no desire to truly be a part of the team. And, if there's one receiver who should be here, catching balls from his likely QB, it's him. Yet, where is he? Sure, he MAY be keeping himself in shape, but that's simply not enough. He's a number one pick who has alot to prove, but doesn't seem to care. So, why in the he!! should we be cutting him any slack?
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Booo!!! Crabtree should be punish!

he's too good to practice

besides there are players who get the pre-season "MVP" award, however, they choke during real games....................

wasn't he top 10 in dropped balls during games last year? its not like he was a prime time player. Wasn't that td he scored in STL going to Vernon Davis?

lets give him time to develop

how much time? He's going on year 3. Desean Jackson was an All Pro by year 3.

besides there are players who get the pre-season "MVP" award, however, they choke during real games....................

wasn't he top 10 in dropped balls during games last year? its not like he was a prime time player. Wasn't that td he scored in STL going to Vernon Davis?

Crabtree doesnt strike me as a guy that would perform good with a coach that is all about motivational speaches. I think with a coach that has a better grasp of the offense he will play better. He will NEVER be a home run threat like Jackson hes more like T.J Hushmanzada to me.

I think the Giants might end up with the best WR from that draft.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

how about 3 more years... 6 total

He would wish time for develop but he never get 1,000 yards.. I am sure that he's still behind a cowards to catch the ball!! He hate to hurtful by himself when he was scare other guy to hits hard on him!
  • fly15
  • Veteran

He would wish time for develop but he never get 1,000 yards.. I am sure that he's still behind a cowards to catch the ball!! He hate to hurtful by himself when he was scare other guy to hits hard on him!

I dont understand

Crabexcuses!

I dont understand

Thank god someone has finally defeated Fly! THANK YOU BUZZB!!!!!
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I'm just astounded at all the Zoners who continue to defend and make excuses for Crabtree. SO FAR, and granted this may change, but so far, he has done very little to instill confidence. He drops balls, but denies it, has marginal speed; he has not meaningfully participated in TC or preseason, runs crap routes and has shown no desire to truly be a part of the team. And, if there's one receiver who should be here, catching balls from his likely QB, it's him. Yet, where is he? Sure, he MAY be keeping himself in shape, but that's simply not enough. He's a number one pick who has alot to prove, but doesn't seem to care. So, why in the he!! should we be cutting him any slack?

Isn't there at lockout going on right now? If this were a normal offseason you'd be right, but it's not.

Them working out together at the local Urban Active and catching balls in the street just isn't the same.
Crabtree, meanwhile, recently has been working out on his own in the Bay Area , but he has yet to join the group of 49ers that works out together in the South Bay. Carr said that the group intended to contact Crabtree and ask him to join their training session.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/wanted-more-wid.html#ixzz1NywDeZO4

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Isn't there at lockout going on right now? If this were a normal offseason you'd be right, but it's not.

Them working out together at the local Urban Active and catching balls in the street just isn't the same.

I agree - it's not the same, but if 49ers of old didn't spend time outside of assigned, coach-supervised practices, they never would have been as dominant as they were.

Truer words were never spoken. Also, see the post above and today's article that states that Crabtree is indeed in the Bay Area but chooses to work out on his own than with his teammates. This guy could be out there molesting dogs and kicking children and there would still be people making excuses for him.

I agree - it's not the same, but if 49ers of old didn't spend time outside of assigned, coach-supervised practices, they never would have been as dominant as they were.

Truer words were never spoken. Also, see the post above and today's article that states that Crabtree is indeed in the Bay Area but chooses to work out on his own than with his teammates. This guy could be out there molesting dogs and kicking children and there would still be people making excuses for him.

I agree with all your points 4evr, but I think I'm bothered most by his lack of dedication to the team. As far as I'm concerned Crabtree is a dips**t. For where he was picked, I'm calling him a bust. Second round talent, with an UDFA attitude.

When I read the bold text above it brings my mind back to Dwight Clark who volunteered to catch some passes for a QB who was working out for Bill Walsh. Then, after being drafted in the tenth round volunteered to work with the QBs and followed them around to build rapport. He was one smart fellow and was able to build a career through tenacity and hard work.

Crabtree was a high pick and has a high pick mentality. Perhaps he is waiting for someone to call and invite him to practice...Clark would have been there with the bottled water and doughnuts in his trunk.
Quote:
Alex Smith and the gang had a throwing session at their usual spot this afternoon. Afterward, one thing was clear - they need more pass catchers. Crabtree, meanwhile, recently has been working out on his own in the Bay Area, but he has yet to join the group of 49ers that works out together in the South Bay. Carr said that the group intended to contact Crabtree and ask him to join their training session.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/wanted-more-wid.html#ixzz1NzkLAHaP
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Quote:
Alex Smith and the gang had a throwing session at their usual spot this afternoon. Afterward, one thing was clear - they need more pass catchers. Crabtree, meanwhile, recently has been working out on his own in the Bay Area, but he has yet to join the group of 49ers that works out together in the South Bay. Carr said that the group intended to contact Crabtree and ask him to join their training session.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/wanted-more-wid.html#ixzz1NzkLAHaP

I don't wanna read too much into this but the idea that someone must call Crabtree to show up to come to the south bay workout sessions...
Share 49ersWebzone