There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Looking forward to 40 new threads to criticize each and every 49er that has not been practicing.

Got a feeling I will be holding my breath in vain.

Attitude towards Crabtree reminds me so much of how many zoners attacked Vernon after his first couple seasons.

"Why isn't he catching more balls after practice"
"Why can't he run right routes, does he know the playbook"
"They are using him as a blocker because he can't catch or run routes"
"He is injury prone"
"Vernon is too short, too stiff, got bricks for hands"
"Vernon Davis is a bust, should have drafted AJ Hawk"

...yea, but AJ Hawk was drafted before him.

"Vernon Davis is a bust, should have drafted Huff"

so what

eventually VD put the work in and guess what he became great

if crabtree wants to be great to he has to put work in but you know what it has been 2 years maybe 3 and not only has he yet to put in extra effort he hasnt even put a normal amount of efford he went to like 2 TC and no preseason games

Point is...ppl act like they know what Crabtree isn't doing and what he is doing. So, he is not practicing with Alex Smith...but there are less than 15 players there. I'm not sayin' Crabtree is doing everything he can...because I don't know...only he knows the answer to that. So, I'm not going to pretend like I know what he has been up to in Dallas during the spring and early summer.

He has been to one camp, missed last pre-season due to injury, fine - he could have played in one or two pre-season game, but he was injured for the first two. We're talkin' about 1 pre-season game here, since hardly any starters play in the 4th one.
Ex-scout Dave Razzano believes new coach Jim Harbaugh will "grow tired" of Micheal Crabtree fairly quickly.
Per Razzano, it was a "huge" mistake to draft Crabtree as high as No. 10 overall because he lacks speed, work ethic, and elite talent. "Harbaugh can't make him faster," explains Razzano, suggesting that an "overhyped" Crabtree lacks the quickness to separate from cornerbacks. Razzano goes even further, stating that he likes Rams mid-round rookies Austin Pettis and Greg Salas "a lot more than Crabtree."
Related: Greg Salas, Austin Pettis
Source: Dave Razzano on Twitter
Oh yeah Crabtree will play because he needs reps. Because of the lockout more players will play in preseason games to get ready for the season,assuming that there is a preseason

Modded...not sure if you are spam or not....
[ Edited by Janitor on May 29, 2011 at 7:44 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Ex-scout Dave Razzano believes new coach Jim Harbaugh will "grow tired" of Micheal Crabtree fairly quickly.
Per Razzano, it was a "huge" mistake to draft Crabtree as high as No. 10 overall because he lacks speed, work ethic, and elite talent. "Harbaugh can't make him faster," explains Razzano, suggesting that an "overhyped" Crabtree lacks the quickness to separate from cornerbacks. Razzano goes even further, stating that he likes Rams mid-round rookies Austin Pettis and Greg Salas "a lot more than Crabtree."

Razzano just being Razzano. I'm glad he BELIEVES what he BELIEVES.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

whatever razzano says the opposite will happen

Razzano is one of those guys who plays the horse with the 99-1 odds, and when the other six horses crashes in a fluke accident, in the 1005th race, and the three legged longshot wins, he screams to the world, "I told you so."

The only thing people need to know about Razzano is the first part of his title- "ex".

tweeted him after saying that unemployed scout = axe to grind....his response....DaveRazzano @49ers_21 No, I just tell the truth based on facts. Most people sugarcoat. Truth hurst some people...oh well
I don't think Crabtree wants to be here and I have doubts he will ever become a elite WR or pro-bowler as a 49er.
Originally posted by crabman82:

tweeted him after saying that unemployed scout = axe to grind....his response....DaveRazzano @49ers_21 No, I just tell the truth based on facts. Most people sugarcoat. Truth hurst some people...oh well

He's a retard. I can understand saying Crabtree is overrated and should be a #2 when he gets at his best. But Austin f**king Pettis and Greg Salas? Seriously??? If Crab worked on route running and his hands he would be a really good WR. He has more YAC ability than either of those guys, and longer arms and he's not a bad athlete who is slow. He just needs to actually work on his game. BTW he's a dumbass, you can actually get faster and more explosive through things like plyometric and resistance training. There's a reason Razzano cant find a job with an NFL team, and its not because he's brutally honest.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

He's a retard. I can understand saying Crabtree is overrated and should be a #2 when he gets at his best. But Austin f**king Pettis and Greg Salas? Seriously??? If Crab worked on route running and his hands he would be a really good WR. He has more YAC ability than either of those guys, and longer arms and he's not a bad athlete who is slow. He just needs to actually work on his game. BTW he's a dumbass, you can actually get faster and more explosive through things like plyometric and resistance training. There's a reason Razzano cant find a job with an NFL team, and its not because he's brutally honest.

I wonder if Razzano kind of enjoys the attention he gets in the Bay Area.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I wonder if Razzano kind of enjoys the attention he gets in the Bay Area.

definitely

Booo!!! Crabtree should be punish!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

he's too good to practice

besides there are players who get the pre-season "MVP" award, however, they choke during real games....................
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

he's too good to practice

besides there are players who get the pre-season "MVP" award, however, they choke during real games....................

wasn't he top 10 in dropped balls during games last year? its not like he was a prime time player. Wasn't that td he scored in STL going to Vernon Davis?