LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Originally posted by NorthNiner:
I think Crabtree falls in the category of a guy getting through college on talent he was born with, which I'm sure happens a lot.

His rookie holdout was downright bizarre and accomplished nothing. Any other player would have told his agent to get out of the way but Crabtree just stuck his head in a hole and acted like all he could do was let his agent handle it.

He just hasn't shown the effort people expect from a 1st rounder and I can understand why lots of fans expect more from him.

He stays in shape and worked hard in college. Just not sure he will work hard now that he is a millionaire. I still believe he will be very good.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I think Crabtree falls in the category of a guy getting through college on talent he was born with, which I'm sure happens a lot.

His rookie holdout was downright bizarre and accomplished nothing. Any other player would have told his agent to get out of the way but Crabtree just stuck his head in a hole and acted like all he could do was let his agent handle it.

He just hasn't shown the effort people expect from a 1st rounder and I can understand why lots of fans expect more from him.

He stays in shape and worked hard in college. Just not sure he will work hard now that he is a millionaire. I still believe he will be very good.

I agree with this. Similar to the V. Davis situation, Crabtree so far has been a disappointment. I still believe that there is time for Crabtree to get his stuff together and to make an impact.

I remember several times last season when he ran half-assed routes and his head just didn't seem to be in the game. Maybe it was the losing, I dunno.

-9fA
  • fly15
  • Veteran

dude, he was our leading WR, what else do you want...?

I dont think its his fault for not being more productive

hope we can see him in pre-season
If Crabtree doesn't show a drastic improvement in his work ethic I hope he is benched for the season and his value tanks. Don't give him a chance to raise his value by producing in the last year of his contract.
Originally posted by skynet907:
If Crabtree doesn't show a drastic improvement in his work ethic I hope he is benched for the season and his value tanks. Don't give him a chance to raise his value by producing in the last year of his contract.

that's gonna happen
The hate for this guy is ridiculous. I bet the same people complaining are the same ones that wanted Vernon Davis out of here.

Crabtree gets a pass for these last two years from me because Singletary was his coach a.k.a the guy who's only strategy was based on "exerting your will." I expect Harbaugh to use and guide him properly, and his perception among the fans means nothing as long as we win.
Practice?
  • Veteran
This dude hasn't done sh** and already acts like he is the next Jerry Rice. WTF!
I wonder when will he ask to be traded to Dallas?
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
I wonder when will he ask to be traded to Dallas?

ahh nothing better than overreacting to pathetic for excuse stories in the offseason.

all i care about is what harbaugh thinks, and last time i checked there's a lockout with no mandatory practices. those are the facts.
Looking forward to 40 new threads to criticize each and every 49er that has not been practicing.

Got a feeling I will be holding my breath in vain.
But overreacting to overreacting...that's constructive!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM ]
Originally posted by CRABTREE:
Practice?

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
But overreacting to overreacting...that's constructive!

fail

thanks for playing though!
Share 49ersWebzone