There are 276 users in the forums

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Crabtree finally arrived in SF to participate with the Niners' players, but can you blame him? He was busy this Spring. He first had to cause a tornado in Alabama, then Mississippi River flooding in Mississippi and Louisiana, and another tornado in Missouri, not to mention leading the governmental forces for Gaddafi in Libya, and being at the forefront of the Palestinian uprisings.

Give the guy a break, he's been systematically destroying the world one piece at a time.

I am glad that crabtree is read my message this.. we are not dumb enough! we are serious.. Let him realize.. I am glad that he is show up in SF to participate with the 49ers palyers! If he don't support the 49ers team.. I would like to blame him for sure! I realize that crabtree is still behind a cowboys of sanders! Let him know us of 49ers fans!
As soon as Crabs' contract is up, he'll be gone.

And actually I don't mind it.

He hasn't shown his worth yet. Is that all his fault? Nope, but I just think when his time is up, the 49ers and Crabs can both move on and we'll both be better for it.

One man's opinion.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
As soon as Crabs' contract is up, he'll be gone.

And actually I don't mind it.

He hasn't shown his worth yet. Is that all his fault? Nope, but I just think when his time is up, the 49ers and Crabs can both move on and we'll both be better for it.

One man's opinion.

I agree, Crabtree lacks elite speed and size. But then again, it takes awhile for receivers to "get it" and with lackluster QB play and coaching, it has slowed his development. He will be a good WR2.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Crabtree finally arrived in SF to participate with the Niners' players, but can you blame him? He was busy this Spring. He first had to cause a tornado in Alabama, then Mississippi River flooding in Mississippi and Louisiana, and another tornado in Missouri, not to mention leading the governmental forces for Gaddafi in Libya, and being at the forefront of the Palestinian uprisings.

Give the guy a break, he's been systematically destroying the world one piece at a time.

I am glad that crabtree is read my message this.. we are not dumb enough! we are serious.. Let him realize.. I am glad that he is show up in SF to participate with the 49ers palyers! If he don't support the 49ers team.. I would like to blame him for sure! I realize that crabtree is still behind a cowboys of sanders! Let him know us of 49ers fans!

has he really shown up to practice? I thought that was just speculation and he wasn't even at practice. Maybe he came into town to help Kaepernick move into his new place yesterday. Don't forget he and Nate Davis were best friends. Maybe he likes the younger QBs?
Originally posted by global_nomad:

has he really shown up to practice? I thought that was just speculation and he wasn't even at practice. Maybe he came into town to help Kaepernick move into his new place yesterday. Don't forget he and Nate Davis were best friends. Maybe he likes the younger QBs?

link?
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

ya i dont remember anything about crabtree and davis being best friends

link?
Originally posted by NinerGM:
"I basically spent the whole time I was out there in my room at Taylor's house studying the playbook," Johnson said. Johnson said he didn't want to be a burden on Mays and doesn't have enough money to rent a place of his own in the expensive Bay Area. So he flew back to Muskegon and is now staying with his uncle.

Johnson, who was known for his work ethic at USC, said he works out three times a day at a nearby high school. One of the three sessions involves catching passes from a high school team - "luckily, he still has a strong arm," Johnson said - and running routes from his new team's playbook.

Johnson said the 49ers routes are similar to the ones he ran with the Trojans. But they're called different names and the overall concepts are a little different. And that's what he's trying to master every night while he and the rest of the rookies wait out the lockout. Baalke suggested that Johnson's best fits were as a flanker and slot receiver. Johnson, however, said he intended to learn all three receiver positions.

"It will give me a better chance to get on the field," he said.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/rookie-johnson.html#ixzz1NUwLVcqn

It's sad when a rookie is out-hustling a vet, and is why I believe Crabtree will never be great until he figures out the work ethic part. Crabtree was taken not because his work ethic but because of his measurables - he "fell" to us. This rookie is eating and sleeping his playbook, learning all the receiving spots, and has already been to the bay to workout with his teammates.

Rice used to say every off-season that he "felt like a rookie" and he was convinced he hadn't achieved all he could have. Crabtree comes across to me as if he's waiting for someone ELSE to do something, THEN he will give his all.

hes fast right? i think he would be a great slot WR along with kyle williams (who will probally do return duties as well?

as for crabtree last year as we know he didnt attend TC or OTA

alex to crabtree first 3 games : 6.6

alex to crabtree rest of the season : 94.5

there is a huge difference after they played together for a couple of games
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
"I basically spent the whole time I was out there in my room at Taylor's house studying the playbook," Johnson said. Johnson said he didn't want to be a burden on Mays and doesn't have enough money to rent a place of his own in the expensive Bay Area. So he flew back to Muskegon and is now staying with his uncle.

Johnson, who was known for his work ethic at USC, said he works out three times a day at a nearby high school. One of the three sessions involves catching passes from a high school team - "luckily, he still has a strong arm," Johnson said - and running routes from his new team's playbook.

Johnson said the 49ers routes are similar to the ones he ran with the Trojans. But they're called different names and the overall concepts are a little different. And that's what he's trying to master every night while he and the rest of the rookies wait out the lockout. Baalke suggested that Johnson's best fits were as a flanker and slot receiver. Johnson, however, said he intended to learn all three receiver positions.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/rookie-johnson.html#ixzz1NUwLVcqn

It's sad when a rookie is out-hustling a vet, and is why I believe Crabtree will never be great until he figures out the work ethic part. Crabtree was taken not because his work ethic but because of his measurables - he "fell" to us. This rookie is eating and sleeping his playbook, learning all the receiving spots, and has already been to the bay to workout with his teammates.

Rice used to say every off-season that he "felt like a rookie" and he was convinced he hadn't achieved all he could have. Crabtree comes across to me as if he's waiting for someone ELSE to do something, THEN he will give his all.

hes fast right? i think he would be a great slot WR along with kyle williams (who will probally do return duties as well?

Originally posted by fly15:

So I guess Crabtree running up/down hills and training at home isn't work ethic. Johnson is trying to make the team, Crabtree will be #1 regardless at the WR spot. I really don't understand the hate for Crabtree

Originally posted by fly15:

wow what an intellectual response im sure you would make a great lawyer when you cant come up with an argument or if you lose an aruenemt you can post a gif of someone dancing
This just in:
Crabtree causes Missouri tornado, killing more than 100.

P.S. I'd provide a link, but as everyone knows, this is common knowledge.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on May 26, 2011 at 8:01 PM ]
This just in:

I get that some people are taking their Crabtree hate a little far, but how can anyone defend the guy?
He hasn't produced and he let too many passes go right off his hands for INTs. Produce one INT with a drop, fine, it happens. Crabtree, however, had it happen too many times to not call him out on it. And then to top it off, he essentially blamed anyone but himself for the offenses ineptness. Once he produces like a number 1 receiver he can act like one, until then he needs to shut up and pull his s**t together.

BTW, I love Crabtree and I think he will put it together and be legit, but I'm not gonna give him a free pass because he kicked ass in college and made a couple nice plays on Sunday.
This just in:

It's because he doesn't want to be 49er I thought everybody knew this. As soon as I saw the tornadoes on the news I knew it was him
I think Crabtree falls in the category of a guy getting through college on talent he was born with, which I'm sure happens a lot.

His rookie holdout was downright bizarre and accomplished nothing. Any other player would have told his agent to get out of the way but Crabtree just stuck his head in a hole and acted like all he could do was let his agent handle it.

He just hasn't shown the effort people expect from a 1st rounder and I can understand why lots of fans expect more from him.
Share 49ersWebzone