LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Originally posted by detroitniner:
'Tree should be in the Bay Area working on his timing with Smith. If freaking Morgan and some rookies are doing, our so called best WR should be doing it. I could give a rats' left butt cheek if he has the playbook, if he is not running plays from it with the QB who is going to be tossing it to him, what good is it doing him. The potential is there but I'm beginning to think 'Tree does not have the desire to be great. Maybe Rice and Craig should grab ahold to him and show him what takes to be a great Niner.

WE HAVE THE TALENT TO BE WINNERS!!! WHY CAN"T THESE GUYS DO WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE IT A REALITY!?!?!?!

coaching

havent you noticed how we always do so good in beginning TDS and i believe we allowed the fewest points on an opening drive last year

the problem is that later in the game the coaches fail to make in game adjustments therefore resulting in us being outcoached
Agreed. We had a great motivator in Sing but not a a good strategist or someone who could do an in-game adjustment.

Harbaugh can do both. I expect this to be a well coached squad. My only issues with this team is QB play and a pash rush. It's on both Smiths. If they are both sucessful, we are in the playoffs, easy.
Originally posted by detroitniner:
'Tree should be in the Bay Area working on his timing with Smith. If freaking Morgan and some rookies are doing, our so called best WR should be doing it. I could give a rats' left butt cheek if he has the playbook, if he is not running plays from it with the QB who is going to be tossing it to him, what good is it doing him. The potential is there but I'm beginning to think 'Tree does not have the desire to be great. Maybe Rice and Craig should grab ahold to him and show him what takes to be a great Niner.

WE HAVE THE TALENT TO BE WINNERS!!! WHY CAN"T THESE GUYS DO WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE IT A REALITY!?!?!?!

Quote:
Crabtree arrives in the Bay Area for 49ers workouts

Michael Crabtree is in the Bay Area, and he plans to start working out with quarterback Alex Smith and a small but growing group of 49ers, according to a source close to Crabtree. The receiver had been working out in his hometown, Dallas, until recently.

crabtree.jpg

A number of 49ers who live in the South Bay have been training together since February. Since the draft, those sessions have included pass routes and plays from coach Jim Harbaugh's playbook, which has been circulating among the players. Rookie quarterback Colin Kaepernick, for example, did not get a playbook on draft day but said last week he had been given a copy by a teammate. It's a safe assumption that Crabtree also has or will get a copy.

Players have been clear that their practice sessions are not a substitute for the minicamps and OTAs that they'd normally be having at this time of year. However, the fact that Smith, the presumed starting quarterback, and Crabtree, the presumed No. 1 wideout, are throwing together is a good sign.

Chemistry issues between the two early last season led to a number of critical interceptions and to 49ers losses. Crabtree, the No. 10 overall draft pick in 2009, has never appeared in a preseason game. He missed the exhibition season his rookie year due to a protracted contract dispute that also wiped away the first five games of the regular season.

Last year Crabtree suffered a neck injury that lingered throughout the preseason. He and Vernon Davis got into a practice-field argument in September that was so heated, the two had to be taken inside the locker room by then coach Mike Singletary. Both players declined to talk about the root of the issue, but the assumption has been that veteran players like Davis were upset that Crabtree had removed himself from the preseason games.

-- Matt Barrows

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/05/crabtree-arrive.html#ixzz1NCOLrabT
Crabtree finally arrived in SF to participate with the Niners' players, but can you blame him? He was busy this Spring. He first had to cause a tornado in Alabama, then Mississippi River flooding in Mississippi and Louisiana, and another tornado in Missouri, not to mention leading the governmental forces for Gaddafi in Libya, and being at the forefront of the Palestinian uprisings.

Give the guy a break, he's been systematically destroying the world one piece at a time.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on May 23, 2011 at 12:26 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Crabtree finally arrived in SF to participate with the Niners' players, but can you blame him...he was busy this Spring. He first had to cause a tornado in Alabama, then Mississippi River flooding in Mississippi and Louisiana, and another tornado in Missouri, not to mention leading the governmental forces for Gaddafi in Libya, and being at the forefront of the Palestinian uprisings.

Give the guy a break, he's been systematically destroying the world one piece at a time.

[ Edited by valrod33 on May 23, 2011 at 11:11 AM ]
Crabtree finally arrived in SF to participate with the Niners' players, but can you blame him...he was busy this Spring. He first had to cause a tornado in Alabama, then Mississippi River flooding in Mississippi and Louisiana, and another tornado in Missouri, not to mention leading the governmental forces for Gaddafi in Libya, and being at the forefront of the Palestinian uprisings.

So Crabtree works for the CIA? Ah, now I see.

Not 100% sure but I detect a hint of sarcasm in this post... very subtle.

Well then it's great to hear that he's been reunited with the other world's natural disaster, Alex Smith.
Originally posted by TheVoiceOfReason:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Michael Crabtree single handily caused the lockout solely to keep his streak alive.

I admire his persistence and ingenuity.

LOL

-9fA
Good for us and for Crabs!

I think he gets too much heat. People wanted him to be in SF for workouts to gain chemistry with Smith but in his defense how can he be certain if Smith is even going to be the Qb. It wasn't till recently that Smith verified that he will more than likely be a Niner next year. VD isn't there yet, along with 80% of the team. I'm sure now that Harbs and Smith have made it clear who the QB is, there will be a lot more guys showing up.

Crabtree finally arrived in SF to participate with the Niners' players, but can you blame him? He was busy this Spring. He first had to cause a tornado in Alabama, then Mississippi River flooding in Mississippi and Louisiana, and another tornado in Missouri, not to mention leading the governmental forces for Gaddafi in Libya, and being at the forefront of the Palestinian uprisings.

Crabtree also brought down the stealth copter in the Bin Laden raid. They threw him the rope, it ricochet off his hands, hit the tail rotor. Team Six was lucky. Crabtree.. what a f**k up. But he should fair better with the Niners though.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Crabtree also brought down the stealth copter in the Bin Laden raid. They threw him the rope, it ricochet off his hands, hit the tail rotor. Team Six was lucky. Crabtree.. what a f**k up. But he should fair better with the Niners though.

i heard he was the navy seal who shot bin laden then threw his body in the river
JH will actually notice which offensive players are at practices. And he will give them stuff to do, not just run them up and down Nutcracker Hill and listen to motivational tirades for hours on end.
He could use some practicing. Saw this article on Football Focus, he shows up near the bottom of one list about dropped ball percentages. Brandon Lloyd oddly enough coming off his best season ever is on the good half of the list.
Share 49ersWebzone