LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

When will Crabtree play in his first preseason game?

With a new offensive minded coach after he gets the playbook, I bet he cant wait to get on the field.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
With a new offensive minded coach after he gets the playbook, I bet he cant wait to get on the field.

I dunno, I think a lot of him not playing in preseasons were the people in his corner telling him not to risk injury. I think the people around him have more influence on him than how he feels about the game or being competitive. Thats only my opinion though.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

I dunno, I think a lot of him not playing in preseasons were the people in his corner telling him not to risk injury. I think the people around him have more influence on him than how he feels about the game or being competitive. Thats only my opinion though.

That would make sense but we can only sit behind the tv and critisize......but IMO I think with the fun hell have in the WCO it will be just like how he was when he played for Texas Tech......I just say give the kid the ball, let him have some fun.....but Im a Crabtree fan I was so stoked when we drafted him, lets see if his "Junior" season goes well.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
I chose never. He is special after all, right? Gotta be extra careful with special people that the normal rules don't apply to. Even if they haven't proven to anyone yet why they are special.

Good point. No telling how damaging it really was to let him come in off the street with no practice, no ota's, no training camp and start. Even though he performed, I think this might have made and an already huge ego get even more inflated. Thus why he felt there was no need for him to work hard in training camp last off season. and if you don't work hard you aren't gonna cut it.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Michael Crabtree single handily caused the lockout solely to keep his streak alive.

I admire his persistence and ingenuity.

• fly15
  • Veteran

agree.
but same old Alex....
Originally posted by fly15:

agree.
but same old Alex....

Oh no dont say his name........but I think if anyone is gonna benefit from JH......its AS.IMO
Barring a lockout, he'll play this preseason due to Harbaugh training and shaping Crabtree, Smith into Football players.
Originally posted by shortyniner:
Barring a lockout, he'll play this preseason due to Harbaugh training and shaping Crabtree, Smith into Football players.

Q: Any word on Crabtree? Lots of complaints from fans that he is not working out with the guys in the bay. (Valentine Rodriguez)

My response: Michael Crabtree was at the 49ers' team offices on April 28. Josh Morgan told me Crabtree has a copy of the playbook. Some players have bumped into him from time to time this offseason, but I've been told he's doing most of his offseason conditioning in Texas. Here's no question Crabtree is remaining in good physical condition.

But there's so much more he can be doing right now to maximize his potential.

There are about a dozen players who are taking part regularly in the workouts. How much benefit are the players getting from meeting four days a week? It's difficult to gauge. But I understand the fans' concerns about Crabtree. After all, he has yet to play in an exhibition game with the 49ers. With it now apparent that Alex Smith will be back at quarterback, both Crabtree and Smith have a lot to gain from spending more time together and talking about the new playbook.

In a normal offseason, Crabtree would be here anyway. He is contractually obligated to take part in at least 90 percent of all team functions.

Read more: Maiocco: 49ers Mailbag -- missed chance for Crabtree, Smith
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story
CSNBA
[ Edited by global_nomad on May 19, 2011 at 6:56 PM ]

He might get out of it this year too. If the lockout sticks, it will be interesting to see if the players dig their heels in or choose to settle with the owners.
Limited pre-season this year, he pulls up lame with a hammie pull the week before our first preseason game and then sits as a precautionary measure for the rest of the games until the season.

Rinse & Repeat... so never
Originally posted by SJniner7:
He might get out of it this year too. If the lockout sticks, it will be interesting to see if the players dig their heels in or choose to settle with the owners.

the owners will get their way, prices will still go up and it will be disgusting to continue to support he NFL knowing how and why it happened. Fortunately I am a disgusting human being that will continue to watch s**tty streams on atdhe come gameday, however people will still fill the stands and pay whatever it costs, because football is an addiction and an opiate for the everyman.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
He will play this season if there is a pre-season.
'Tree should be in the Bay Area working on his timing with Smith. If freaking Morgan and some rookies are doing, our so called best WR should be doing it. I could give a rats' left butt cheek if he has the playbook, if he is not running plays from it with the QB who is going to be tossing it to him, what good is it doing him. The potential is there but I'm beginning to think 'Tree does not have the desire to be great. Maybe Rice and Craig should grab ahold to him and show him what takes to be a great Niner.

WE HAVE THE TALENT TO BE WINNERS!!! WHY CAN"T THESE GUYS DO WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE IT A REALITY!?!?!?!
Share 49ersWebzone