LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Niners place tenders on 3 players

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by wailers15:
not a bad move. it's a smart financial move.

Why wouldn't a team do this? Just curious. I assume you have a limitied number of these cards?

Give me Manny/Quinn, Spencer/Namdi, Palmer and Kapernick/Dalton/Ponder

That seems very reasonable.

As awesome as it would be to get Asomugha, I don't think it's happening. I heard somewhere that he wants to go somewhere that is superbowl ready and I heard them discussing Houston as a possible fit today on NFL Network.

I've seen a fair amount of Texans games the last couple of seasons, and I think they are FAR away from "superbowl ready".

it is based off losing Dunta and the D falling off. Adding him would solidify the coverage against the pass happy league they are on. They have the offense. Need to shore up the D.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by wailers15:
not a bad move. it's a smart financial move.

Why wouldn't a team do this? Just curious. I assume you have a limitied number of these cards?

Give me Manny/Quinn, Spencer/Namdi, Palmer and Kapernick/Dalton/Ponder

That seems very reasonable.

As awesome as it would be to get Asomugha, I don't think it's happening. I heard somewhere that he wants to go somewhere that is superbowl ready and I heard them discussing Houston as a possible fit today on NFL Network.

I've seen a fair amount of Texans games the last couple of seasons, and I think they are FAR away from "superbowl ready".

it is based off losing Dunta and the D falling off. Adding him would solidify the coverage against the pass happy league they are on. They have the offense. Need to shore up the D.

Oh I understand the need, and sure that would be a good fit. But when they say Namdi wants to go to a Super Bowl ready team and they mention the Texans, that just doesn't make sense in the same sentence. I'll agree that they have some good pieces on offense (and Andre Johnson is a straight up beast), but the overall offense is too inconsistant. They often choke in close games. And the defense needs some work. Just too many negatives for me to call them Super Bowl ready.
I have no clue if we are going to re-sign M.Lawson but McDonald is a good move, D.Goldson better produce in 2011 if there is a 2011 season
At least we know what we have, lol
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
49ers place RFA tenders on OLB Manny Lawson, S Dashon Goldson and DE Ray McDonald, according to sources. Awaiting official word from 49ers.

Via twitter
championship
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Good move...there should be some more personnel actions between now and Friday. I want to see them offer Baas a contract...maybe Alex, we'll see. The uncertainty of the CBA really sucks...because it's looking more solid than ever that Cincy will have to trade Palmer. But, not knowing if/when the CBA will be resolved, it makes it tough to go into a lockout without a vet QB you trust (Harbaugh seems to trust Alex even though much of the Niner Nation doesn't).

I think Cincy will have a hard time trading Palmer. He has a huge contract and has not been playing the well. If they draft a QB at #4 (Gabbert or Newton) they may just release him, in which case the Niners have a good shot at signing him for a reasonable $ amount. His wife is from here I think.
Share 49ersWebzone