LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 344 users in the forums

Fangio not impressed by Lawson (per Glenn Dickey article)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
THIS WAS THE SAME GUY WHO SAID WE SHOULD START NATE DAVIS AT QB IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON

credibility lost (sorry for caps pressed caps lock dont wanna change it lol)

Yeah cause we started the season really great. 0-5 was awesome for people who arent 49er fans. 49ers arent in a pickle we are f**ked. Our QBs suck and if we are lucky we draft a rookie who can start day 1. Hell id wager if Smith is kept he loses his job before the season starts. He just sucks that much.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Isn't this the guy that thought Nate Davis was the next Dan Marino? Of course that was before 31 teams passed on him on the waiver wire and Niners cut him.

“I love Locker,” Razzano said. “People are concerned about his accuracy. I’m not. He’s going to be good in the NFL when he’s surrounded by talent. At Washington he had no offensive line and only one receiver.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Alex Smith - no offensive line and only one receiver?

The guy sounds like a moron to me.

You work for the NFL, or an NFL team as a pro scout for 10-20 years pulling down a big check because of your skill at your job? Just curious..
I think it's pretty silly to assume Harbaugh's only seen cut-ups of Alex Smith's best plays, but that would explain a lot . . .
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
THIS WAS THE SAME GUY WHO SAID WE SHOULD START NATE DAVIS AT QB IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON

Yeah cause we started the season really great. 0-5 was awesome for people who arent 49er fans. 49ers arent in a pickle we are f**ked. Our QBs suck and if we are lucky we draft a rookie who can start day 1. Hell id wager if Smith is kept he loses his job before the season starts. He just sucks that much.

Somebody knows something!! Right arm bro.. sighhh..

You would think these posters never saw that guy play. I'm talking about the coach killer now..
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

You would think these posters never saw that guy play. I'm talking about the coach killer now..

ive seen him play hes not great but isnt horrible he had 33 td and 22 int last 2 years and sing was the coach (u know the guy who cant gameplan to save his life)
This was a crap article written by a hack writer about a hack scout.

His dad's credentials justify his opinion? Cohn really thinks his readers are this stupid. And part of 3 super bowl wins? where are the details on that? clearly Cohn thought his father's past was more relevant since it got more explanation. Five in all? WTF? so he gets credit for two he had nothing to do with?

And yes the assumption that someone in the 9ers film room is hiding all the low lights of Alex's career is laughable.

Cohn is the crappiest local 49ers "writer". I s**t better articles then he can write.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

Holy s**t already Alex is like some kind of herpe we cant get off the f**king roster. Do you know how f**king bad you have to suck to get booed in SF? Then again starting Alex would be a sure way to get Luck next. Yay
Lawson has never been able to do what he was drafted for. Setting the edge is not justification for keeping him. We need someone who can play the run and rush the passer. Not that crazy of expectations for that position.
If the ability to be funny was equivalent to his ability on the field, Manny Lawson would be an annual pro bowler.

Good bye Manny Lawson. Hello Von Miller.
The article lost all credibility when he said "Harbaugh has been looking at cut-ups of Smith’s best plays — he won’t see him fumbling in the fourth quarter".

Harbaugh has already stated more than once he's watched every snap from the 2010 season.

ANY coach would do that. Who makes evaluations on only the good plays? Nobody with a job thats for sure.

Odds are Harbaugh's looked at every throw Alex has made since Utah. That's just the type of coach Harbaugh is.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Jikkle49.
Just felt like Cohn picked a guy that agreed with his point of view and wrote an article based around it.

It didn't really bring a fresh point of view or really give any information on why he Razzano felt the way he did. And it didn't help when he implied Harbaugh only likes Smith because all he did was watch Smith's top plays and didn't do what every coach even on the high school level does and watch the entire game film.

I would say any team drafting in the top 15 has more than one need and is in a bit of a pickle so Cohn might as well have titled the article "Sun will rise tomorrow"
Originally posted by FRANKBLANCO415:
Good bye Manny Lawson. Hello Von Miller.

i think u mean robert quinn
Another point of the article that nobody is talking about:

I think its interesting that he rates Gabbert so low. Now, I personally would put a gun in my mouth if we picked him at 7, but I know that not everyone agrees with that, and some teams do think highly of him. Its also interesting that he said Harbaugh preferred Gabbert over Luck coming out of HS. I have personally felt all along that I would rather have Locker than Gabbert. I am not saying I want Locker at number 7 by any means, but I would have no problem with us trading up in the 2nd, or even back into the late 1st to get Locker.

This guy was right about Alex Smith, when everyone else was wrong, so he does have some credibility in my book when it comes to scouting qbs; however, had the situation been different, Alex may have been more successful here. But good players overcome average situations, and Alex has not. Time to move on.

Peterson or von miller at 7, trade up into the late 1st and get locker.
Share 49ersWebzone