LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 150 users in the forums

Fangio not impressed by Lawson (per Glenn Dickey article)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Lawson is likely to make some team with a 4-3 defense very happy.

I think I'd agree with this. He's a solid player, but can't do the most publicized part of his position--rush the passer. It's too bad we'll have to let him walk. He's not the elite player our defense needs, but he's a good guy to have.
How can he only see cutups? Now that wouldn't be very thorough.

Oh and Jake Locker? Really?

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Feb 23, 2011 at 7:29 PM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
He belongs as a OLB in a Tampa 2 Defense. This is the ideal defense to showcase Manny's strengths.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

In thinking about it, didn't an article mention he's already seen every snap the 49ers played last year? ... Not to mention that he's been in the Bay Area for the last couple years, so I'm sure he's had a very good chance to see what Alex Smith brings to the table--good or bad.
Originally posted by Wubbie:

In thinking about it, didn't an article mention he's already seen every snap the 49ers played last year? ... Not to mention that he's been in the Bay Area for the last couple years, so I'm sure he's had a very good chance to see what Alex Smith brings to the table--good or bad.

shoots down his credibility right there imo......

"he won't see the fumbling in the 4th quarter"...............c'mon gtfo
theyres a reason why hes an ex scout locker really? and the things he said about alex were uneducated also it was reported that teams were intrested in alex come fa which is acually why he is exploring fa this offseason
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 23, 2011 at 7:34 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Cohn is a pickle
Jim Harbaugh says Razzano is not cool as a cucumber
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
theyres a reason why hes an ex scout locker really? and the things he said about alex were uneducated also it was reported that teams were intrested in alex come fa which is acually why he is exploring fa this offseason

I think I'd agree with this part. What's wrong with Alex Smith (from Alex Smith's POV) being offered a back-up role? If he wants to make it in this league, I think he wants to disappear as a back-up to an older veteran like Peyton Manning, and take over when that guy retires.

There was a former scout that a lot of people here thought was a moron. Is it this guy?
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110223/sports/110229818?p=1&tc=pg

Bits and pieces--
Quote:

On Alex Smith
“I would send him on his way,” Razzano finally managed to enunciate. “He may not find any suitors. Teams aren’t going to line up to sign him unless as a backup.”
--
“I know,” Razzano said. “Harbaugh is starting to be enamored of him. I understand that. Coaches are positive guys and they always think they can improve players. Harbaugh has been looking at cut-ups of Smith’s best plays — he won’t see him fumbling in the fourth quarter. And he’s thinking, ‘I can work with this guy.’ Harbaugh is thinking he wants to start with a clean slate (with Smith). But Smith already has gotten two coaches fired.”

On using their first round pick on a QB
“Cam Newton is the only quarterback with potential they can use that pick on,” Razzano continued. “Not Blaine Gabbert (Missouri), not in the first round. He’s Andrew Walter (who played, not so well, for the Raiders). He’s a fringe guy. Gabbert should go in the third or fourth round. He will get way over-drafted.”

On Jake Locker
“I love Locker,” Razzano said. “People are concerned about his accuracy. I’m not. He’s going to be good in the NFL when he’s surrounded by talent. At Washington he had no offensive line and only one receiver. But there’s only one top-10 quarterback and that’s Newton.”

On Harbaugh's Power vs. Baalke's
“Harbaugh is an opinionated guy,” Razzano said. “His opinion could be more of a determining factor than the GM’s (Trent Baalke). They’re paying him $25 million. I always say, ‘follow the money.’”

Interesting read. Any thoughts on Razzano? Certainly his dad has credibility, but I know nothing about him.

(Let's TRY not to turn this into an Alex Smith thread.) It's interesting that Razzano says Harbaugh only sees Alex Smith's good cut-ups. Do you think that's entirely true though? I would think that Harbaugh would be presented with the NOTABLE film--both good AND bad.

The MOST interesting thing I thought is that Razzano thinks Harbaugh's opinion could overrule Baalke. They seem to be on the same page, but who knows how that could turn out.

Nothing new. Harbaugh said as much.

I think I'd agree with this part. What's wrong with Alex Smith (from Alex Smith's POV) being offered a back-up role? If he wants to make it in this league, I think he wants to disappear as a back-up to an older veteran like Peyton Manning, and take over when that guy retires.

There was a former scout that a lot of people here thought was a moron. Is it this guy?

yes.........although I can't recall what that thread was about, but what I do remember it was full of .
THIS WAS THE SAME GUY WHO SAID WE SHOULD START NATE DAVIS AT QB IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON

credibility lost (sorry for caps pressed caps lock dont wanna change it lol)

yes.........although I can't recall what that thread was about, but what I do remember it was full of .

it was this guy he said we should start nate davis earlier this season

it was this guy he said we should start nate davis earlier this season

lol we should have listened to him.....cuz then we'd have the #1 pick instead of the #7.
THIS WAS THE SAME GUY WHO SAID WE SHOULD START NATE DAVIS AT QB IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON

credibility lost (sorry for caps pressed caps lock dont wanna change it lol)
Share 49ersWebzone