There are 231 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh Thread

Does anyone know if the link from todays interview is up yet?
Originally posted by zozell:
Does anyone know if the link from todays interview is up yet?
http://www.knbr.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=StcoFzLTDkw%3d&tabid=584
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by zozell:
Does anyone know if the link from todays interview is up yet?
http://www.knbr.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=StcoFzLTDkw%3d&tabid=584

he made murph and mac look like idiots, ahh i love it. harbaugh is a bit of a maniac though, which is good


  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Originally posted by NinersEverywhere:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:


Championship.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 15, 2011 at 10:30 PM ]
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Those two felt decent after they were hired, but for some reason this hire feels a bit different, in a positive light. It may be the hype that followed him, or the recent success in Stanford, but it feels better than what we've had. Lets put it this way, it can't possibly get any worse

At Least Harbaugh has had success at every level of coaching he has been at - as an assistant AND a head coach at multiple level's of football. Nowin - lived off his dad's name was a meaningless D coordinator in Baltimore after the Defense was built and Simpletary had his playing days - and was so beyond arrogant that he thought all he needed to do was be a position coach and the assistant to a FAILURE of a coach and he was ready to coach at the HIGHEST level possible in the sport.

Harbaugh has won 1 game so it is important to not get carried away - he is not going 16-0 realistically the I think he maybe able to get to 10-6 this year - but at least he is building a team and actually trying to help and guide players - figuring out what the strengths are and how they fit into his system - and he cares about ALL phases of the game - people forget Bill Walsh LOVED Defense the 49ers had GREAT Defenses (Thanks in large part to Seifert) that put the offense in a position to succeed. He never once thought his offensive system was so great he didn't need special teams or his D - Harbaugh has the quality he cares about each phase and understands that rarely do all 3 phases click on the same day - You have to coach and prepare for the day that the Offense picks up the D or vice versa.

Erickson / SImpletary / Nowin - were cheap for a reason and haven't and won't worked as a HC or even really been seriously considered in the NFL since for a reason folks they are not NFL caliber HC's.
[ Edited by Sugatis on Sep 15, 2011 at 10:53 PM ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by Sugatis:
At Least Harbaugh has had success at every level of coaching he has been at - as an assistant AND a head coach at multiple level's of football. Nowin - lived off his dad's name was a meaningless D coordinator in Baltimore after the Defense was built and Simpletary had his playing days - and was so beyond arrogant that he thought all he needed to do was be a position coach and the assistant to a FAILURE of a coach and he was ready to coach at the HIGHEST level possible in the sport.

Harbaugh has won 1 game so it is important to not get carried away - he is not going 16-0 realistically the I think he maybe able to get to 10-6 this year - but at least he is building a team and actually trying to help and guide players - figuring out what the strengths are and how they fit into his system - and he cares about ALL phases of the game - people forget Bill Walsh LOVED Defense the 49ers had GREAT Defenses (Thanks in large part to Seifert) that put the offense in a position to succeed. He never once thought his offensive system was so great he didn't need special teams or his D - Harbaugh has the quality he cares about each phase and understands that rarely do all 3 phases click on the same day - You have to coach and prepare for the day that the Offense picks up the D or vice versa.

Erickson / SImpletary / Nowin - were cheap for a reason and haven't and won't worked as a HC or even really been seriously considered in the NFL since for a reason folks they are not NFL caliber HC's.

I would excrete bodily fluids of all kinds if that happened...10-6 is damn good for a lockout year with alex smith at QB and a rookie backup as the only alternative. Some people might be hoping we fail so that we get good draft position in the long run, but I'd rather win now...It's sure been long enough.

But 10-6 is like saying we'll only lose to the toughest of teams, there are bound to be bumps in the road. Last year it was mainly due to injury that we lost so many winnable division games. Sure the simpletary coaching was horrible but that could have been masked a bit by having a healthy gore and alex smith(who was still better than troy and carr). Freak plays aplenty as well. But still...8-8 would be a reasonable expectation just to try not to hype ourselves up too much after one win.
My uncle pointed out that Jim reminded him of Super Dave Osborne. Gotta agree with him. The way he talks reminds me of Jim mixed with a little Baalke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuSUq6IZqFc
I'm still on the fence until he turns Alex into a pro bowl qb


Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:




Originally posted by monsterzero789:

WTF is this sht?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I'm still on the fence until he turns Alex into a pro bowl qb



[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 17, 2011 at 12:15 AM ]