Not a member? Register Now!

Nedney or Reed?

Nedney or Reed?

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
How bout that guy from Boise?

Take a look at this kick. 26 yards. As easy as they come in the center of the hashmarks. No excuse to miss this. Yet the pressure is on. And he chokes, imo.

The fact that he missed another short FG (29-yarder) in OT confirms the choke.

Two field goals. Both 29 yards and under. The Rose Bowl (at the time possibly the National Championship) on the line. Undefeated season on the line.

We don't want this guy. He's a good kicker. But some just don't have it when it matters the most. Boise State found that out the hard way.

Wait... when did this happen?!?!

November 26, 2010 at 10:45 PM PT

Go on...
Youth movement. Nedney is starting to show his age.
Originally posted by VA49er:
Youth movement. Nedney is starting to show his age.

1 injury?
Fabrizio Scaccia. They signed him for a reason. He can also punt. If hes consistent during camp say bye bye to Reed and Nedney
Nedney is a tough guy and he's been excellent but maybe take a guy that's a few years younger.
Both are pretty solid, while Nedney has been very dependable the last few years.

Thing is though, you can tell Nedney's age and injuries are catching up to him. If he's healthy, I'd take him over Reed. If not, then I'm fine with Reed.
Nedney.

Reed consistently struggles with not only putting a low trajectory on his kicks, but also being slow to start his approach. As a former kicker, this was easily noticeable. Reed does not look like he has the distance he once had in the past as well.

He wouldn't be terrible, but I'd prefer Nedney.
Nedney for one more year
WTF!!!!??? 50/50?? Are you guys serious???!!!! Reed f'n sucks!!!! He shouldn't even be in the league.
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
What you guys fail to notice is that Reed is unquestionably the coolest guy in the NFL and great for the locker room. My vote is for the guy in the pics below.

*modded
WTF? Get rid of that s**t. i can see his dick.
  • cools
  • Veteran
I'd say Nedney gets the Job,

but I also think our future K may already be on the team

Scaccia

Has touchback power on kickoffs and pretty accurate with good power on field goals, there are some cool vids out there of him doing some amazing kicks, like a 68 yd. FG, kickoffs thru uprights etc.
Originally posted by ATL49ers:
What you guys fail to notice is that Reed is unquestionably the coolest guy in the NFL and great for the locker room. My vote is for the guy in the pics below.

*modded

reed looking like that politician from back east
It largely depends on Nedney's health...if 100%, they probably stick with him. If not, then Reed might be worth keeping. He kicked very well when Joe went down last season...so, he'd be a good alternative if JN's not fully healed.