There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Honest Expectations of 2011 Season...

Simply what it says, in your opinion, (although you may wish for playoffs) what do you truly expect to see out of the San Francisco 49ers & JH next season?


I expect to see new offensive schemes that keep defenses on their feet, and our defense to get pressure like we're supposed to. Hopefully we keep our LB combination of Manny, Willis, Ahmad, and Takeo. Might not happen, but although each one had some off games, they each definitely got to the QB or stuffed the run, a great combo for a defense IMO.

I expect Harbaugh to seriously lead us in the right direction and it should be a very positive season, its a new surrounding (the coaching staff) for the players and should be a refreshing feeling for them, and allow them to play football the way they should be playing. West Coast offensively, and Hard Hitting defense.

Like I said, I expect it to be a very positive season, this should be the start of something great.

Go Niners.
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Simply what it says, in your opinion, (although you may wish for playoffs) what do you truly expect to see out of the San Francisco 49ers & JH next season?


I expect to see new offensive schemes that keep defenses on their feet, and our defense to get pressure like we're supposed to. Hopefully we keep our LB combination of Manny, Willis, Ahmad, and Takeo. Might not happen, but although each one had some off games, they each definitely got to the QB or stuffed the run, a great combo for a defense IMO.

I expect Harbaugh to seriously lead us in the right direction and it should be a very positive season, its a new surrounding (the coaching staff) for the players and should be a refreshing feeling for them, and allow them to play football the way they should be playing. West Coast offensively, and Hard Hitting defense.

Like I said, I expect it to be a very positive season, this should be the start of something great.

Go Niners.

it depends on if there will be a lock out, if we have a lock out thats very bad news for the 49ers. They will need as much time in TC as possible. I see a lockout coming and maybe even part of a lost season.
if we dont get to practice much cus of the cba i could see us struggling early and missing out of the div by a game or two, long term though i know we've got the right guy
Ask me once we know who is our starting QB.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Ask me once we know who is our starting QB.

you did not hear? Were going to give Alex 5 more seasons....
After these last few years, I will not get my hopes up to only be disappointed.
Superbowl!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,321
Too soon IMHO. Ah....I guess I'll have to wait till TC. Even then, I'm not too sure

When Harbaugh got hired, just about everyone was ecstatic around here. Everyone was overcome with joy - as was I. But at the same time, wondered about his NFL experience. Then as he started to assemble his staff, it seemed that he knew what he was looking for & if memory serves - got the job done faster than Singletary.

Then the players, Even now I believe that we have the talent & now with the (hopefully) upgrade to the coaching staff. We can finally utilize their talents & abilities to their max potential. But it's once again asking them to learn yet ANOTHER PLAYBOOK. Hopefully their last.

Time will tell I guess. But as always...I'm 9ers true & die as one.

[ Edited by Nes49 on Feb 9, 2011 at 09:11:18 ]
We go 12-0 with the scabs, we lose when the real players come in
Need CBA and QB. Until then...
9-7 or 8-8
how do you answer this before the draft, free agency, etc?
andrew lucks gonna be the in the top 10 overall pick next season

so, somewhere in that range
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,792
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
how do you answer this before the draft, free agency, etc?

No idea record wise especially with a whole new coaching staff. Also, we need to see what we get in free agency and in the draft. Right now it's anyone's guess.

I agree with seeing a more aggressive defense though. I want to see upgrades in the secondary and at OLB for sure. As for the offense I could see some struggles learning a new system but I expect the same if not more from VD, I expect Gore to be back to his usual self BUT with help from Dixon and player to be named later, I expect the OL to start to gel and get better.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 8, 2011 at 18:49:23 ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home