There are 642 users in the forums
Carr as the starter?
Feb 3, 2011 at 5:54 PM
- canadian49erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,472
Not buying it Carr is so bad. His arm motion is even off, terrible signing
Feb 3, 2011 at 5:57 PM
- VANiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 348
In the CAR game, he was either underthrowing or overthrowing guys by 10 yards. On out patterns, he was skipping the ball off the turf WAY before the receiver. I can't see it either. I will be so annoyed if I have to have my friends make fun of me for a whole new reason this year. I spent the past five years of my life defending AS. I don't think I have it in me to defend Carr.
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:02 PM
- Antix
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,941
That would be a 10X worse idea than starting Smith. Say all you want about him, but I think it's obvious he's better than Carr.
Nah bruh..i ain't happenin.
Nah bruh..i ain't happenin.
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:11 PM
- bigmike55
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,474
No Carr, No Alex, no more bust brothers!
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:11 PM
- Rubberneck36
- HOF
- Posts: 141,822
how about no
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:12 PM
- WillistheWall
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,848
Originally posted by VANiner:
In the CAR game, he was either underthrowing or overthrowing guys by 10 yards. On out patterns, he was skipping the ball off the turf WAY before the receiver. I can't see it either. I will be so annoyed if I have to have my friends make fun of me for a whole new reason this year. I spent the past five years of my life defending AS. I don't think I have it in me to defend Carr.
Cosigned!
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM
- TDilvr
- Veteran
- Posts: 814
NOPE!
GROPE!
GROPE!
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:23 PM
- JerryRice1848
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,224
That would almost be as bad as York changing his mind about hiring Harbaugh and re-signing Singletary
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:26 PM
- jones49
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,562
No way in hell that will ever happen. Carr completely sucks and there is no hope for him. At least Alex shows signs of life here and there.
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:30 PM
- fakers23
- Member
- Posts: 1,715
No to Carr,Alex,Troy or the tooth fairy... Please real Qbs now... lol
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:33 PM
- TheGoldDiggerrrr
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,073
Only if we draft 2 rookies... Only way that happens!
Feb 3, 2011 at 6:51 PM
- SonocoNinerFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,610
I find this possibility is too bitter to contemplate.
Feb 3, 2011 at 7:08 PM
- sfout
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,443
Yes Carr had his best season under Greg Roman's teaching. Two things point to this being a complete fluke.
1. It was a pedestrian 83.1 QB rating 3500+ yards 16 TD 14 INT 5 Fumbles a subpar YPA of 7.6 and a 61% completion percentage
2. It was Greg Roman's only QB coaching gig, it lasted from 2002-2003, he specializing in working with the running game.
Also Carr essentially lost his starting job 2 years later when he barely cracked 82.1 QB rating. The Texans did their part and gave him a fair shot throughout his entire contract and he never produced. Let's not forget that Harbaugh will we running the plays and Roman will only be game planning with Harbaugh. We are more likely to go after Josh Johnson rather then start David Carr.
1. It was a pedestrian 83.1 QB rating 3500+ yards 16 TD 14 INT 5 Fumbles a subpar YPA of 7.6 and a 61% completion percentage
2. It was Greg Roman's only QB coaching gig, it lasted from 2002-2003, he specializing in working with the running game.
Also Carr essentially lost his starting job 2 years later when he barely cracked 82.1 QB rating. The Texans did their part and gave him a fair shot throughout his entire contract and he never produced. Let's not forget that Harbaugh will we running the plays and Roman will only be game planning with Harbaugh. We are more likely to go after Josh Johnson rather then start David Carr.
Feb 3, 2011 at 7:09 PM
- DMiller2007
- Veteran
- Posts: 135
No.