There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carr as the starter?

I have never given the idea of Carr as our starter any credence after seeing him in the CAR game last year. He was horrible. But this article actually made me think that it is at least possible:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/29/carr-suddenly-in-mix-for-niners-starting-qb-job

This could be just some writer's guess on a slow day. That said, I was unaware that our new OC was Carr's QB coach in HOU during his only two years of minor "success". Could this really be a possibility?

If the CBA remains in limbo late into the off season and we are unable to trade for a McNabb, Orton, Palmer, Kolb, etc. we are going to be in a bind. The idea of Carr starting makes me throw up in my mouth a little, but I guess this is something that could come to fruition...
Not buying it Carr is so bad. His arm motion is even off, terrible signing
In the CAR game, he was either underthrowing or overthrowing guys by 10 yards. On out patterns, he was skipping the ball off the turf WAY before the receiver. I can't see it either. I will be so annoyed if I have to have my friends make fun of me for a whole new reason this year. I spent the past five years of my life defending AS. I don't think I have it in me to defend Carr.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
That would be a 10X worse idea than starting Smith. Say all you want about him, but I think it's obvious he's better than Carr.

Nah bruh..i ain't happenin.
No Carr, No Alex, no more bust brothers!
how about no
Originally posted by VANiner:
In the CAR game, he was either underthrowing or overthrowing guys by 10 yards. On out patterns, he was skipping the ball off the turf WAY before the receiver. I can't see it either. I will be so annoyed if I have to have my friends make fun of me for a whole new reason this year. I spent the past five years of my life defending AS. I don't think I have it in me to defend Carr.

Cosigned!
NOPE!

GROPE!
That would almost be as bad as York changing his mind about hiring Harbaugh and re-signing Singletary
No way in hell that will ever happen. Carr completely sucks and there is no hope for him. At least Alex shows signs of life here and there.
No to Carr,Alex,Troy or the tooth fairy... Please real Qbs now... lol
Only if we draft 2 rookies... Only way that happens!
I find this possibility is too bitter to contemplate.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Yes Carr had his best season under Greg Roman's teaching. Two things point to this being a complete fluke.
1. It was a pedestrian 83.1 QB rating 3500+ yards 16 TD 14 INT 5 Fumbles a subpar YPA of 7.6 and a 61% completion percentage
2. It was Greg Roman's only QB coaching gig, it lasted from 2002-2003, he specializing in working with the running game.
Also Carr essentially lost his starting job 2 years later when he barely cracked 82.1 QB rating. The Texans did their part and gave him a fair shot throughout his entire contract and he never produced. Let's not forget that Harbaugh will we running the plays and Roman will only be game planning with Harbaugh. We are more likely to go after Josh Johnson rather then start David Carr.
No.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home