Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kiper Re-grades the Draft

• Paul
  • Veteran
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers
Summary:

I thought the Niners showed a lot of conviction, aggressively targeting their offensive line. Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati got plugged in and started throughout the year, so you can't say the Niners didn't have a plan. Taylor Mays wasn't a big contributor. and NaVorro Bowman was a special-teams stud instead of a regular, but he has a chance to develop. No leaks with the top picks, however.

Draft grade: B | Current Grade: B-plus

I think the draft went alright, I didn't realize the guys we started were majority starters throughout the year but I do know all the talk there has been of Taylor Mays. Thoughts on Kiper's re-do?
why doesnt he talk about the other picks?
what's a B - plus
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers
Summary:

I thought the Niners showed a lot of conviction, aggressively targeting their offensive line. Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati got plugged in and started throughout the year, so you can't say the Niners didn't have a plan. Taylor Mays wasn't a big contributor. and NaVorro Bowman was a special-teams stud instead of a regular, but he has a chance to develop. No leaks with the top picks, however.

I think the draft went alright, I didn't realize the guys we started were majority starters throughout the year but I do know all the talk there has been of Taylor Mays. Thoughts on Kiper's re-do?

I don't understand all the negativity with Mays. I think with better coaching he will improve. We should be prepared to play the long game with that draft.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
what's a B - plus

a B
  • hb123
  • Veteran
what's a B - plus

like a B, but a little more
LOL a B minus plus?
I give Kipers Redue a 10 minus 9.
Originally posted by Envy:
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers
Summary:

I don't understand all the negativity with Mays. I think with better coaching he will improve. We should be prepared to play the long game with that draft.

I definitely hear that one, I think our weakest point of the team was offense, if the defense touches the field less a lot of other things will start falling into place as the 9ers D won't be in a tight spot all the time. The pressure will actually be on the other team's offense instead of it being on our defense needing to bail our team out. I think Mays will develop into being a really good player also, just need to give to him some time, I totally agree with that notion, also what could be a contributing factor is the 9ers coaching staff kept switching them in and out and that's a hard environment to succeed in. I think play calling and player rotation definitely played a factor.
what's a B - plus

He actually punctuated correctly. Without using the addition sign (+), you'd write "B-Plus," not "B plus."
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers
Summary:

Mays definitely needs more coaching.

I agree with the overall grade, although the final grade isn't due until the end of the second year. By then you can see who overcame a sophomore slump and who didn't.
Originally posted by niteshade80:
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers
Summary:

I definitely hear that one, I think our weakest point of the team was offense, if the defense touches the field less a lot of other things will start falling into place as the 9ers D won't be in a tight spot all the time. The pressure will actually be on the other team's offense instead of it being on our defense needing to bail our team out. I think Mays will develop into being a really good player also, just need to give to him some time, I totally agree with that notion, also what could be a contributing factor is the 9ers coaching staff kept switching them in and out and that's a hard environment to succeed in. I think play calling and player rotation definitely played a factor.

I agree. Our offense gave up the three & outs quickly & our defense became tired towards the end of the game. & I'm hoping our new coaches can groom Mays into the great player he can potentially be.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
what's a B - plus

He actually punctuated correctly. Without using the addition sign (+), you'd write "B-Plus," not "B plus."
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers
Summary:

agreed.
I'm actually shocked to learn Kiper looks back. I thought he spent all his time memorizing stats for the current year college crop.