LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Who would you prefer to start @ QB next season (if no real FA)?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you prefer to start @ QB next season (if no real FA)?

If no deal is done for several months and we're stuck with limited options, without a new CBA until shortly before the upcoming season (no FA options for starting qb's), which would you prefer to have as our opening day starter?

[ Edited by mug0mug on Jan 28, 2011 at 01:41:47 ]
Smith is better than a rookie or David Carr.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

you know i dig you bro but ive been battling on another post of the hatred for alex. Thought youd be there for support but after seeing this post im going to bed and as i stated to my fellow poster. Upping the zanex due to this alex(he sucks) conversation
later.

punting the ball on every 1st down and hoping we score via safeties and pick 6's, is better than David Carr.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

This^. The QB class this year is terrible. I would rather us get a CB and build for the next QB because next years QB class is crazy. Barkley, Luck, Pryor, Jones, Moore, and Foles. Hell 3 of these guys would be a shoo-in 1st pick had they been in this draft.
Originally posted by whatawegot:

you know i dig you bro but ive been battling on another post of the hatred for alex. Thought youd be there for support but after seeing this post im going to bed and as i stated to my fellow poster. Upping the zanex due to this alex(he sucks) conversation
later.

Wow. Man o'man. The majority of the board knows how I feel on the Alex topic. I'm no Alex hater nor am I anywhere close to an Alex fanboy. I am a 49er FAN and a REALIST.

I too have expected much more from Alex but to express hatred towards the man and then hope for support of another zoner............ poor thing

[ Edited by Sims84 on Jan 28, 2011 at 02:39:42 ]
Originally posted by whatawegot:

later.

Chill man. Someone can agree with you that John Mayer is no Paul Mccartney, but still think he's better than Insane Clown Posse. (not to mention some peoples' strong feelings about SanDiego49ers' opinions.)

[ Edited by mug0mug on Jan 28, 2011 at 02:42:17 ]
answer:
someone, anyone other than Alex Smith or David Carr

I actually agree with you on something for once..... is 2012 real?

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

punting the ball on every 1st down and hoping we score via safeties and pick 6's, is better than David Carr.

haha wouldnt be a bad option depending on how defensive heavy we go in the draft.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

JESUS CHRIST NO
Jim Harbaugh
Originally posted by jreff22:
JESUS CHRIST NO

Okay, how about this...

Troy Smith!

I think Troy fits the WCO much better than Alex. I'd give him a shot first.
Share 49ersWebzone