There are 191 users in the forums

RB options behind Gore

Shop Find 49ers gear online

RB options behind Gore

what about the small guy from oregon state? jaquizz rodgers
Although not considered speed backs, I liked what I saw from both Da'Ral Scott and Bilal Powell in the Senior Bowl. I'd love to see Westbrook back, but given the likelihood there'll be a lockout, the draft may be the best route to augment Gore & Dixon.
  • West
  • Veteran
Gore, Dixon and Shane Veeren with Owen Marecic leading the way.

Draft Shane Veeren from Cal in the 3rd or 4th round! Nice hands and he has wheels.

And draft iron man Owen Marecic fullback in the 4th or 5th round.
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by bors:
how do folks feel about rogers from osu? i like him as a pac 10 guy

He is the guy I think we should target. I think he would fit in Harbaugh's systems as a change of pace 3rd down back for us. Although he's around 185, if im not mistaken, he seems tough enough to take over Gores role in the next 3 years or so. Gore and Dixon and Rodgers would be a sick backfield.

http://www.osubeavers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rodgers_jacquizz00.html

You're right. He would have to put on ten lbs, which is feasible. Even then, he'll be splitting carries.

Might not be a starter IMO but he would be a good relieve guy for Gore.
It looks like the 9ers have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds. Where do you guys want them to draft a RB?? I dont see where they can draft a RB. Too many holes. Gotta get a QB CB Pass Rusher in the first three. Then need a FB S DT S. Doesnt leave room for a RB
  • West
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
It looks like the 9ers have 5 picks in the first 4 rounds. Where do you guys want them to draft a RB?? I dont see where they can draft a RB. Too many holes. Gotta get a QB CB Pass Rusher in the first three. Then need a FB S DT S. Doesnt leave room for a RB

1st pick could be DB Peterson, Prince or OLB Miller.

(Position we don’t fill with our 1st pick we can fill in Free Agency) OLB Woodley, DB Asomugha, Bailey ect.

2nd pick QB Christian Ponder. QB Pat Devlin or QB Andy Dalton in a later round is also an option.

Draft Shane Veeren from Cal RB in the 3rd or 4th round! Nice hands and he has wheels. Shane Veeren can also be used on kickoffs, we need a returner and Ginn can stay on punts.

And draft iron man Owen Marecic fullback in the 4th or 5th round.

[ Edited by West on Feb 15, 2011 at 15:07:03 ]
Share 49ersWebzone