LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

RB options behind Gore

Shop Find 49ers gear online

RB options behind Gore

With Westbrook's FA plans and the teams wishes so cloudy the RB situation behind Gore is very unclear at the moment. I like Dixon but would feel better if we have at least 1 other good RB in case Gore gets hurt.

I really like Westbrook and think he could thrive if utilized correctly.

My pick re-sign BW and spend a pick on a RB between rounds 3-7 that Harbaugh likes.
We need a young speed back. And we have to start planning for a future without Frank Gore.
Dixon is OK but ideally we'll be a team that can finally pass the ball successfully and therefore mitigate RB depth as being a priority.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We need a young speed back. And we have to start planning for a future without Frank Gore.

THIS
I really think Dixon can be special so I say just resign Westbrook but still let Dixon get his share of touches.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I really think Dixon can be special so I say just resign Westbrook but still let Dixon get his share of touches.

I agree about Dixon but i dont think Westbrook comes back. lets draft a fast little f**ker
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Offer Westbrook a contract..if he doesn't come back move Dixon to #2 and either draft a cheap veteran 3rd string RB...or draft someone.
I know who I want in the very late rounds
Originally posted by jreff22:

?
Originally posted by valrod33:

?

?

why? i mean i never heard of him and just glancing at his stats i have to say im not impressed

?

why? i mean i never heard of him and just glancing at his stats i have to say im not impressed

CAREER: Versatile player who is equally adept at rushing as he is at receiving ... has scored at least one touchdown via rushing, receiving, kickoff return and also has passed for a TD ... most experienced running back on Irish roster in terms of games started and production ... has started 19 of 33 games played at Notre Dame and gained 1,630 yards on 362 carries (4.5 yards per carry) with six rushing TDs ... caught 102 passes for 695 yards and three TDs ... ranks second at Notre Dame in all-time receptions by a running back (Darius Walker, 109) and has seventh-most receiving yards in a career by an Irish running back ... recorded three of top 11 total reception seasons by a Notre Dame running back (50 in 2008 ranks second all-time, 28 in 2009 is tied for seventh, 24 in 2007 ranks 11th) ... used as kickoff returner in first two seasons and totaled 1,247 return yards on 54 carries (23.1 average) ... returned kickoff 96 yards for TD against Hawaii in 2009 Hawaii Bowl ... completed both career pass attempts for 15 total yards (10 yards at UCLA in 2007, five yards for TD against Michigan State in 2009) ... ranks ninth on school list for most career all-purpose yards with 3,638 (trails Raghib Ismail by 550 yards for fifth all-time; would need 1,377 yards to supplant Tim Brown at fourth).

[ Edited by jreff22 on Jan 27, 2011 at 07:02:54 ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

I think Dixon is your classic pre season rb. dude comes in and tears it up. because he looked so damn timid in the regular season. he wasn't the bruiser he showed in pre season

?

CAREER: Versatile player who is equally adept at rushing as he is at receiving ... has scored at least one touchdown via rushing, receiving, kickoff return and also has passed for a TD ... most experienced running back on Irish roster in terms of games started and production ... has started 19 of 33 games played at Notre Dame and gained 1,630 yards on 362 carries (4.5 yards per carry) with six rushing TDs ... caught 102 passes for 695 yards and three TDs ... ranks second at Notre Dame in all-time receptions by a running back (Darius Walker, 109) and has seventh-most receiving yards in a career by an Irish running back ... recorded three of top 11 total reception seasons by a Notre Dame running back (50 in 2008 ranks second all-time, 28 in 2009 is tied for seventh, 24 in 2007 ranks 11th) ... used as kickoff returner in first two seasons and totaled 1,247 return yards on 54 carries (23.1 average) ... returned kickoff 96 yards for TD against Hawaii in 2009 Hawaii Bowl ... completed both career pass attempts for 15 total yards (10 yards at UCLA in 2007, five yards for TD against Michigan State in 2009) ... ranks ninth on school list for most career all-purpose yards with 3,638 (trails Raghib Ismail by 550 yards for fifth all-time; would need 1,377 yards to supplant Tim Brown at fourth).

seems more like a WR than a RB

?

seems more like a WR than a RB

Under Weiss ND did a lot of passing. But he still ran well when he had to. The OL has not been great for the Irish so every yard was a battle. Allen has had a bit of the injury bug but his surgery went well and they cleaned up a lot of issues that he was unaware of. He's posted a 40 in the 4.3's before so I expect him to run fast if he's (as reported) back to 100%. His ability to contribute rushing, receiving, and returning makes him an ideal late round pick. Coming from ND means he passes the intelligence test and he's played in a pro system for the majority of his career.
Share 49ersWebzone