There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners to emulate '96 Panthers success

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by FL9er:

Did Berman call TO, Terrell Davis? LOL.

Yes, yes he did.
SOOO the Panthers beat us in week 15, with a staff that we have now, 15 years later...

Great, we have officially hit expansion team level.
Originally posted by cubanb:

The Detroit Lions say what?

ah the good ol days. back when the 49ers had a great QB, and NFL Primetime went in depth through games instead of showing one play and doing that dumb fast forward through long runs.

the one thing i think i miss the most about Steve Young was how hed step up in the pocket and fire pinpoint bullets deep down the middle.
Originally posted by whatawegot:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
After learning of Seely's hire as special teams coach, I realized something that might have been glaringly obvious to everyone else:

Fangio, Roman and Seely were all part of the 1996 Carolina coaching staff that saw Carolina reach the NFC championship game in just their second season of existence.

This should bring some real hope to 49ers fans in terms of turnaround.

Outside of Harbaugh, these 3 coaches are by far the most important on staff. Their chemistry in working together in Carolina (Fangio/Roman even more recently at Stanford) will help this team expedite the adapting process. Instead of coaches having to adapt to each other's process/work ethic, we'll only have the players learning their process. This shouldn't be too hard because if there's one thing these players are used to, it's learning a new system.

If the 49ers get the right QB, I'm confident that we won't have to wait through the rigors of growing pains next year.

Here's to success right out of the gate

Ok. DREAM ON PAL>

my God was Tyrone Drakeford getting worked in that game

Coach: Her tits were this big man!!!

Player: Really Coach?!
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Jan 22, 2011 at 7:53 AM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Yes, yes he did.

Ahhh...a simpler time when no one knew who TO was, and this video makes me angry I hated that Panthers team so much!!!
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:

So that's the situation we are in now.

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
If the 49ers get the right QB, I'm confident that we won't have to wait through the rigors of growing pains next year.

I agree 100%.
Man, I forgot all about Wesley Freaking Walls. That guy abused us more times than I care to think about.
Originally posted by cubanb:

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Yes, yes he did.

it has to happen, because i see a familiar #22 get beat frequently for big plays.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
[img=]