There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Does Candlestick Park have an abnormal amoun of Old fans?

Originally posted by KID9R:
I was down from Saskatchewan for Bucs game and I couldn't believe how lame the fans were. Girls texting the entire game to my right, a family of four sitting on their hands to the left. And me in the middle banging the sh!t out of the section sign in front of me getting crazy looks. The big screen would say "make some noise" and everyone would cheer when we had the ball! In Regina we have a stadium of about 25,000 for the Riders and its twice at least louder than Candlestick. that day anyway.

That's because you crazy Canucks like to party and get loud..

You pay for your ticket, make all the noise you want.
I hate old people in general...
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I was down from Saskatchewan for Bucs game and I couldn't believe how lame the fans were. Girls texting the entire game to my right, a family of four sitting on their hands to the left. And me in the middle banging the sh!t out of the section sign in front of me getting crazy looks. The big screen would say "make some noise" and everyone would cheer when we had the ball! In Regina we have a stadium of about 25,000 for the Riders and its twice at least louder than Candlestick. that day anyway.

fact
Originally posted by verb1der:
I say all the old people and old people supporters should follow this old man's example.

LOL Banjo guy. His real name is stacey and is actually a self made millionare. Ive seen him of course at the stick but in seattle as well at a niner game. Hes had some tv time during the games.
Originally posted by joebbadass:
I'm not only an old fan, I'm a smug old fan. I have never been to a game at Candlestick. The games I went to were at Kezar Stadium. Fans could bring in their own coolers with enough beer and other spirits to inebriate everyone within a two-mile radius. If you wore the other team's colors someone might take a swing at you. The first time I saw grown men in a fist fight was at Kezar. The 9ers lost all the time back then and many of the fans were drunk and obnoxious. There were no luxury boxes, just the press box where the sports writers regularly smoked dope. Kezar was the first stadium to put a fence around the stands to keep fans from jumping on the field and feeding a fist sandwich to a ref. You young guys are so gentrified.

My first ever 49er game was at Kezar. I sat in the Christopher Milk section in the corner of the endzone. I think I was about 7 or 8. I got Dave Wilcox's autograph in the parking lot after the game. He obviously left a lasting impression.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hardcore49er:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I say all the old people and old people supporters should follow this old man's example.

LOL Banjo guy. His real name is stacey and is actually a self made millionare. Ive seen him of course at the stick but in seattle as well at a niner game. Hes had some tv time during the games.

Dude..take it from a guy who only gets to see Niner games on TV...

That guy gets ALOT!!!!! of air time. I been callin him old banjo guy for years.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Quiet and b***hing fans should stay at home. Stadiums are places that SHOULD be a bit raucous, this isn't a play or an effin movie. It's seats to the NFL war zone. If you go to the game, you should be excited and cheering when big plays are made and should revel in the excitement of your Niners brethren.

For you loud folks, when those old bags telling you to sit down or be quite sit on their hands during a big play, instead of cheering immediately stand up turn around and yell at them to stand up and be loud, all while staring them down like they are some unruly scum.

No rage, turn about is fair play.

Glad I was able to give you a reason to bust out the rage pic though, obvious you were searching for a reason.

Yeah it's a sick picture
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

f**k YEAH WE DO
Quiet and b***hing fans should stay at home. Stadiums are places that SHOULD be a bit raucous, this isn't a play or an effin movie. It's seats to the NFL war zone. If you go to the game, you should be excited and cheering when big plays are made and should revel in the excitement of your Niners brethren.

For you loud folks, when those old bags telling you to sit down or be quite sit on their hands during a big play, instead of cheering immediately stand up turn around and yell at them to stand up and be loud, all while staring them down like they are some unruly scum.

No rage, turn about is fair play.

Glad I was able to give you a reason to bust out the rage pic though, obvious you were searching for a reason.

Yeah it's a sick picture

Yeah, I like it
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I actually prefer older fans to the younger fans. Older fans respect the 49ers history. They understand the true meaning of being a San Francisco 49er. They remember Fred Dean, Riki Ellison, Dan Bunz, Wendel Tyler. They understand that this organization used to be the class of the NFL.

The new fans are clueless. Stop yelling "niiiiinners" while walking through the stadium. stop tugging at your jerseys. You younger fans disgust me.

There's people like you, who seem to be content with the way our stadium's noise level is an absolute joke, and then there's people who actually want to have a "12th man" advantage, which we will never have with a crowd full of senior citizens.

I know people want to maintain that "class of the NFL" nonsense, but as I've said before, this is professional football. The crowd is supposed to be loud and into the game. Our crowd sounds like we're watching Tiger Woods play, not Patrick Willis. It's pathetic.
All these are valid points on both sides. I think it goes beyond old people though. I've been to Seattle 5x; that's where you should go if you wan to hear what loud is. They've got old people too btw. First, of all the stadium seating is steep so if you stand the people behind you can still see, unlike a baseball stadium like the Stick where you used to sit for 9 innings. But what really matters is the ATTITUDE of people. It gets so loud you can't even here yourself speak and NO ONE cries about it. You literally have to scream in someone's ear to be heard.
Yes, old people complain but I've seen a young guy reading the newspaper, countess people on the phone, I was "snitched on" to the usher because we were being to loud and the two guys in their 20's sitting in front of us were getting their conversation interrupted. ATTITUDE. Ever notice how many people don't ever go to their seats and instead just hang out by the concessions and watch on TV?
I actually prefer older fans to the younger fans. Older fans respect the 49ers history. They understand the true meaning of being a San Francisco 49er. They remember Fred Dean, Riki Ellison, Dan Bunz, Wendel Tyler. They understand that this organization used to be the class of the NFL.

The new fans are clueless. Stop yelling "niiiiinners" while walking through the stadium. stop tugging at your jerseys. You younger fans disgust me.

[ Edited by AJ_Larrea954 on Jan 20, 2011 at 6:49 PM ]
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I've been told to sit down a few times, and I haven't. Either buy better seats, stand up, or shut the f**k up.

The point of being at a football game is to stand and cheer. I bet those people sit down at concerts too. Retarded.

This
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

I agree with the exact opposite of this

Old fans are so lucky in that they've seen the 49er during the glory days, and now that the 49ers suck all they do is whine. Younger fans are still riled up no matter what our record is, and always have fun at football games which is what you're supposed to do at football games

As do Raider fans. They do not expect to win, and they never will win. They are content with mediocrity. Of course our older fans whine. They should whine. This organization used to win. It used to be demanded.

What good does it do to whine, but still go to the games? Whining at the games isn't changing anything on the field. They're not making a statement to the ownership by going to the games and whining about everything. Jed York doesn't hear them whining from their seats. Meanwhile, they're still lining the Yorks' pockets while they cry about the product on the field.