LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 306 users in the forums

Who was our best Free Agent signing of the decade (2000-2010)

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who was our best Free Agent signing of the decade (2000-2010)

i also voted justin smith, but aubrayo franklin was a huge pickup for us. He was a backup NT in baltimore and for the money we signed him he has developed into a very good player in our system. The only thing our team has consistently done well this decade is stop the run, and much of this can be contributed to franklin. All of the players on defense recognize the value of franklin on our team, and the front office thought enough of him to place the franchise tag on him last year.
Justin Smith, but from a value perspective, Walt Harris was a tremendous pickup.
Originally posted by AthensGaNiner:
I voted for Cowboy, but a couple of people mentioned Tony Parrish. I was curious as to why he would rank above someone like Spikes. Is it length of service, or outstanding play, or maybe a single dramatic play that I don't recall?

Not disagreeing with you, just curious as to the reasons behind the praise.

Parish had the game saving FF in 2003 at PHI when he punched the ball out of the WR's hands through the back of the Endzone for a touchback. The same game where T.O. Was wearing a Philly hat on the sideline. That game stands out, and a few where he dominated his old Beats team.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Tony Parrish
Walt Harris
Justin Smith
Aubrayo Franklin

...have all been tremendous pick-ups and huge contributors.
J. Smith... for sure a DL man that holds records for games started .... came from a 4-3 to play in a 3-4, man is a ball player
Walt Harris and Justin Smith were my favorites
uh HELLO....DAVID CARR
Big Country FTW. Justin Smith is a beast and really reminds me of Bryant Young with the way he plays. His motor doesnt stop and he doesnt run his mouth. He just plays the game.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Jan 18, 2011 at 9:16 AM ]
Jonas Jennings!!!
Justin Smith has been the most productive.

Walt Harris was probably the best signing considering performance versus expectations. To bad injuries caught up with Harris and Parrish.

Originally posted by boast:
Tony Parrish
Walt Harris
Justin Smith
Aubrayo Franklin

...have all been tremendous pick-ups and huge contributors.

I'd add Takeo in this list.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm split between Tony Parrish and Justin Smith.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Jonas Jennings!!!

Nice
Curtis Conway
Originally posted by CR49ers:
Curtis Conway

Isn't he married to Muhammad Ali's daughter?
Share 49ersWebzone