There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Now with the staff shaping up, who are those guys we must retain on the roster

Davis, Smith and Willis are my core players.
wouldnt it be easier if we just name the players that gotta go..

i think Carr, Haralson, and Clements (unless he takes a pay cut) gotta go.. Barry Sims is getting old, Sapoaga might not be a good fit anymore, havent seen too many good plays lately..
Originally posted by 4thewin:
giving up on Mays that quickly AB?

Goo catch!! Mays will flourish with the kind of coaching
I'd kinda like to keep Westbrook around for another year or two as a back-up/mentor to help Gore and Dixon abosrb the WCO . . which he knows well.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
David Carr MUST be on this team.

He will be, we've got a new position for him, instead of QB he can play left-out!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

He will be, we've got a new position for him, instead of QB he can play left-out!!!

i'd feel more comfortable if he was playing left-right-out
  • GORO
  • Veteran
David Bass must be resigned because Heitman carear may be over due to an injury.

Franklin was not good under Nolan two gap scheme but was better in the one gap scheme that was played by Manusky, so I'm not sure he fits the NG for Fangio scheme.

Travis Laboy may be resigned rather than Lawson. Laboy is a better pass rusher and it gives fangio time to draft and groom the next impact pass rusher.
Originally posted by FLYPxSYDE:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

forgot him, but still not 100% sold on him, didnt like him coming out of USC and didnt agree with the pick.

Let's hope Donatell can coach him up into atleast the mold of Steve Atwater.

Agree
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:

Better yet!!!
Originally posted by crabman82:

Better yet!!!

lol

forgot him, but still not 100% sold on him, didnt like him coming out of USC and didnt agree with the pick.

did you like polamalu out of USC, not comparing, just a classification question...
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'd kinda like to keep Westbrook around for another year or two as a back-up/mentor to help Gore and Dixon abosrb the WCO . . which he knows well.

absolutely agree with keeping westbrook!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Keep Manny Lawson and cut Harralson (or let him walk, whatever his contract situation looks like).

Franchise Aubrayo Franklin (if available) or draft replacement in first two rounds.

Sign Troy Smith as a cost-efficient stop-gap.

Sign Travis LaBoy, because he's the only guy who can consistently get to the QB from the OLB position.

Troy Smith could be a cost efficient clip board holder but we already have one in Carr. All QB's named Smith must go.
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

absolutely agree with keeping westbrook!

I too agree, Westbrook needs to be kept for WCO experience.
Originally posted by mryan1004:

did you like polamalu out of USC, not comparing, just a classification question...

Troy could cover, Taylor can't...yet.